Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toni Collette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toni Collette
    Posted: April 17 2002 at 12:33am
Page 76 of the May Redbook has an article about this Aussie actress that is in just about every movie out there (Changing Lanes, Clockwatchers, Shaft, The Sixth Sense, 8 1/2 Women). Here`s what the article says, "Think you need a break? Here`s how badly Toni Collette needed one: She shaved her head to guarantee herself some time off. She confesses, "I did it so I wouldn`t get another job."

I`ve been searching for pictures but couldn`t find any; I did find a site that said that this most recent headshave would be her third time; first time was in Tibet on a dare, second for 8 1/2 Women, and now.

If anyone does better at finding pictures, post a reply with a link please.

Mark
HAWG
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2002 at 2:32pm
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2002 at 5:17pm
Good example of the case: NEVER ever believe anything any actress says about their hair.

This was a couple of years ago and there are various interviews around giving at least three different stories:
1) it was for 81/2 woman
2) on impulse on holiday in India/Nepal
3) needed a break (never heard of wigs woman?)

Personally I think she is the rare exception where bald is better if only because her hair usually looks awful.

Jeff
xoom!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic