Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brooke Shields - nice hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spunky Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spunky Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brooke Shields - nice hair!
    Posted: April 19 2002 at 5:14pm
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 8:16pm
I preferred Brooke`s hair when it was straight without the waves, but I`ll take this for sure. Think it`s all hers?
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 9:44pm
give me a break.... that`s nice hair?????
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Joy88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 9:51pm
Nice hair are you kidding
She looks like she should be in
a monster/ dracula film.
I dont think it is all hers either
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 10:48pm
Yuk! Witchy, Witchy, Witchy
pcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2002 at 6:29am
This board has become positively mean-spirited lately. Brooke`s hair looks great. This site has become less a venue for the appreciation of hair than it has a hair-bashing forum. Too bad. The end must be near!
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2002 at 9:52am
There were no personal attacks in the above posts, just opinions on Brooke`s hair. If we all had the same opinion, how boring would that be. I have one word for that: 1984

Sheryl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2002 at 9:05am
I agree with you pcs. I also think Brooke Shields hair is awesome. Very thick and healthy looking. I think most of the people who posted negative comments are people who appreciate short hair only. As stated everyone has a right to an opinion but I don`t agree that there were no personal attacks. JMHO
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2002 at 12:25pm
Whether it was mine, Joy88, or Tony9999 or a combination of all of them - I could not find any personal attacks against any of the other posters.
Whether I like short hair or long hair has no bearing on the (falsely) perceived notion that there were personal attacks on any members. If I posted a bald lady (which I don`t prefer) would you not comment negatively on that?
By the way, I do not think Brooke should go short - I don`t think her face will support it. Personally, I think she looks best with a shoulder length layered look. But, that is my opinion and diverstiy is the spice of life. :)
pcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2002 at 4:25pm
My comment is that the comparisons made regarding hair are....unecessary. As example, I don`t disagree with the concept that Brookes hair, in this case, has possibly looked better. Maybe worse. However, the posts either stated tacit disbelief that another individual found her hair nice, or comparing the woman to an exaggerated 3rd rate horror movie. Again, like her hair or dislike it but let`s not go overboard on it.

Now, my post was not specific to this particular string. Take a moment to read the last 10 and without hesitation you will find a senior member shouting down others opinions, total disregard for the personal opinions of the subjects, and a "school-yardish" catcalling of things that any given individual doesn`t approve of. I don`t disagree with the fact that when you put yourself in the public limelight you take on certain "public domain" burdens...such as faceless hoards shouting down your every good/bad hair day. I`m just saying that perhaps this board is often unreasonable of not only the celebrity but opinions of others using the board.

I`ve participated in this site from time to time. I used to find it interesting. At least when Jerky flea was around there was news and even commentary that wasn`t particularly unfair or prejudiced. But since his leave it has been assumed by people who are just, again...to use the term...."mean spirited". If the hair is long they should cut it, when they do it`s a disaster, and if it is short they should either shave their heads or grow it long. Nonsense.

This is my last post. Don`t waste your fingers typing responses. If you disagree than just move on with your life...for gods sake....move on with your life. This is just not that important.
buzzednapelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2002 at 5:06pm
Can you say "Thin, ratty mess"??? I much prefer her smooth wavely look from the Suddenly Susan episodes.
WMA001 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMA001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2002 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

I preferred Brooke`s hair when it was straight without the waves, but I`ll take this for sure. Think it`s all hers?

Although I absolutely LOVED Brooke`s hair when she first cut it to her shoulders, healthy and beautiful, this doesn`t look bad on her in the least. I`m sure JF will have a few words to throw in, but if this IS in fact all her own, it sure gives her a lot of options to go shorter again. One question though, is that a PERM?! Bad choice if it is.

Bill...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic