Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anna Kournikova needs a haircut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sharonb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anna Kournikova needs a haircut
    Posted: June 24 2002 at 12:51pm
ANOTHER FIRST ROUND LOSS AT WIMBLEDON FOR OUR FAMOUS MODEL (TENNIS PLAYER HA HA) ANNA KOURNIKOVA. WHO AGREES THAT SHE NEEDS TO MAKE HER MIND UP, IS SHE A TENNIS PLAYER OR A MODEL. I THINK THE IDEAL START FOR HER IS TO CUT HER HAIR NICE AND SHORT. FORGET ABOUT PRETTINESS, AND CONCENTRATE ON TENNIS - AND FIND OUT WHAT SHE`S REALLY ABOUT.

felix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 1:01pm
Not tall enough to be a model, unfortunately.

She doesn`t seem good enough to be a top tennis player, unfortunately.

Agree about the short hairdo, though.

-f
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 1:02pm
I think if she were to cut her hair people would notice that she is much more suited to be a tennis player than a model. I`m not saying she is dog ugly just that if you take away her hair her beauty would have to stand on its own and seh wouldn`t even make it to the first round of modeling.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 1:09pm
I hope that I misinterpreted your post - it sounded like if she cut her hair short she wouldn`t be pretty. Long doesn`t mean pretty and short doesn`t mean ugly... Though I would like to see her cut her hair. I`m not sure that a short, short cut would be good on her. I think a layered, flippy style from chin to just above the shoulders would look good. Maybe like Jane Fonda or Renee Russo had. The long hair does not do it for me (but that is me) and the tennis skill (or lack of) doesn`t either.
Katie C Lover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 2:46pm
So you are saying if she cuts her hair that will make her a better tennis player. DUH!! Sounds like you have a fetish for girls with short hair by saying that she NEEDS a SHORT haircut. Her hair is a major asset of hers. I can see her getting a few inches trimmed, but hey her hair works for her. Look at Mary Pierce, she is the same kind of tennis player with long hair or her new shorter hair. Her new cut didn`t make her better.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 3:52pm
Anna`s hair an asset? Maybe off the court, certainly not on it. If she could win a tournament now & then, people would look at her differently. As an athlete & not just someone with good genetics & good hair.

And Mary Pierce is a MUCH better tennis player than Anna.
Irinaslittleone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irinaslittleone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 4:05pm
I saw her at Wimbledon today too. I usually LOVE Anna`s hair but it needed some attention ITA... looked dry and icky to me. Would still kill to have it tho!!! ;)
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 7:46am
Originally posted by loveshort&blonde loveshort&blonde wrote:

I hope that I misinterpreted your post - it sounded like if she cut her hair short she wouldn't be pretty. Long doesn't mean pretty and short doesn't mean ugly... Though I would like to see her cut her hair. I'm not sure that a short, short cut would be good on her. I think a layered, flippy style from chin to just above the shoulders would look good. Maybe like Jane Fonda or Renee Russo had. The long hair does not do it for me (but that is me) and the tennis skill (or lack of) doesn't either.

loveshort&blonde - If you are refering to my post then I think you interpreted it right and wrong. I think if she cut her hair she wouldn`t be very pretty but personally I don`t think seh is very pretty anyway. Her prettyness (or lack of) has nothing to do with her hair length but if she cut her hair I think most that do think she is so hot would see she really is quite... well, so so .
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 8:13am
Sorry, I saw Anna at a recent Detroit Red Wings game up close and personal and she still has the best hair among all celebrities. Believe it or not, she occasionally sits in the stands, signs autographs and struts around the concession areas between periods, waving to her minions who hold their breath as she walks by. I don`t watch Anna Kournikova because of her tennis. But I`d watch her less with a haircut.
Anna Kornikova View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Kornikova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 12:35pm
The short-hair obsessionists don`t seem to get it.

IMHO, asking Anna Kornikova to cut her hair is like requesting the removal of one of the presidents from Mt. Rushmore.

Anna`s hair is a worldwide treasure to be admired and coveted. Not something to be ridiculed and pooh-poohed.

Cheers,
CC
Stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

Sorry, I saw Anna at a recent Detroit Red Wings game up close and personal and she still has the best hair among all celebrities. Believe it or not, she occasionally sits in the stands, signs autographs and struts around the concession areas between periods, waving to her minions who hold their breath as she walks by. I don't watch Anna Kournikova because of her tennis. But I'd watch her less with a haircut.

Really Gordo. And you didn`t get asked to leave by security for breathjing down her neck or for stalking her? That`s almost as hard to believe as Anna wanting to cut her hair.
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 6:47pm
I`m wondering what people`s reaction would be if someone were said to be "too ugly" to play competitive tennis (or for anything else for that matter)...yet, isn`t there more than a hint of that sort of unpleasant undertone here - that Anna K is "too pretty" to be taken seriously...and isn`t that really just as offensive?

Chris
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Stu Stu wrote:

Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

Sorry, I saw Anna at a recent Detroit Red Wings game up close and personal and she still has the best hair among all celebrities. Believe it or not, she occasionally sits in the stands, signs autographs and struts around the concession areas between periods, waving to her minions who hold their breath as she walks by. I don't watch Anna Kournikova because of her tennis. But I'd watch her less with a haircut.

Really Gordo. And you didn't get asked to leave by security for breathjing down her neck or for stalking her? That's almost as hard to believe as Anna wanting to cut her hair.

Why is it so hard to believe, Stu-o? Anna was either dating or has married Red Wing Sergei Federov. Their relationship goes back to her teen-age years. They`re both celebrities from Russia. She even rode in Sergei`s car in the Red Wings Stanley Cup parade in 1997. The first time I laid eyes on her at Joe Louis Arena was earlier that year when she was standing with Sergei`s dad. I had met Sergei`s dad at a hockey school he runs, but didn`t know who the blonde next to him was. I thought it was HIS date. Turned out to be Anna. Five years later, she`s a longhair icon, leaving the guys drooling in the aisles when she visits Hockeytown. Believe it or not.
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 7:35pm
Her hair has nothing to do with her tennis ability, cutting hair hair is not going to make her a better tennis player. Obviously, with her looks, she gets plenty of attention, but she has never claimed to be the best tennis player in the world.
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 2:25am
I don`t agree. Cutting hair, even buzzing or shaving it, can help her to pay less attention to her model image and to concentrate on tennis.
Vegeta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vegeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 11:42am
What I don`t understand is that you seem to think that if Anna would cut her hair, she may be taken more seriously and win a tournament. She has never won a tournament, so if she cut her hair "nice and short" how would it improve her playing ability that much to be able to start winning,m when she has not been able to in the past.

If Anna cut her hair, she would look more like every other tennis player who wins tournaments, but she would still not be able to win just based on the length of her hair. Her hair, along with her body and looks, is what makes her. She is an OK tennis player who doesn`t ever win, yet she is one of the most famous female athletes because of her looks. Adidas didn`t put her in that commercial with her skirt blowing up and her hair down because of her tennis ability, why would she give up her most valuble asset, so that the people on this board will like the change?

Vegeta
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 4:59am
I`ve never said she would play better tennis same day she cut her hair. But I`m convinced that cutting that famous braid off paves the way for her to more training and serious play.
Freshrico View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freshrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 9:41am
I love short haired babes (Josie Bissett, Halle Berry), but I think that Anna has the best hair of all-time. There is no reason for her to cut it. While it is true that she has never won a singles title, she has been ranked as high as #8 in the world, has been part of the top ranked doubles team & won several doubles titles at grand slam events. She is much more than a pretty face. She probably could take tennis more seriously, but a haircut isn`t the answer. In fact, if she cut her hair, it would just again focus all the attention on her appearance and away from tennis.
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 1:37pm
i think, to the person who posted the first message on ere, you should stop hatin on Anna, and concentrate on ur own life and hair :P

:|
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 2:01pm
I think that if she`s happy playing tennis as well as with modelling, then she should continue on as is! Happiness is what matters most. Even if she`s not winning whatever tournaments people say she should be, she`d kick my butt on the court while blindfolded and shoelaces tied together even!!!

I love her hair, her look. I`d trade if I could. Her hair is a big part of what makes her a striking visual beauty. But I wouldn`t be at all surprised if she chopped it and still exuded that `everybody drop everything and look at me!` presence!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic