Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CBS Summer 2002 Press Tour & Party

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CBS Summer 2002 Press Tour & Party
    Posted: July 17 2002 at 9:58am
All sorts of interesting hair tidbits from CBS` little party for their fall lineup. Check out the pics at http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====11954 . Just a few comments:

- Emily Proctor (CSI:Miami) still retains her long blonde hair. Between her and Kim Delaney, it should definitely be a good hair show. Oops, almost forgot Khandi Alexander`s longer, softer, `do too. So there ya go.

- Jami Gertz, while cute as always, seems to have overlayered her `do a bit. I`d be interested to see what it looks like naturally curly since I believe it wouldn`t look quite so chopped. Jami usually looks better with curls, or long layers, or just long hair. Short layers just don`t work well for her (and your reference here would be "Twister").

- Amy Brenneman must have finally looked in a mirror and realized that in getting the bob, to quote Chris Isaak, "baby did a bad, bad thing". Fortunately, looks like she is back on the grow and her shoulder-length tresses are lookin` vurry nice.

- Speaking of shoulder-length (which seems to have been the length mandated for almost all CBS stars this fall), Roma Downey has trimmed her mane back up to her shoulders. Coulda sworn she said that she was keeping it long because it was more appropriate to her angelic character, so this cut is surprising. Not that it looks bad, quite the contrary actually, just a curious change.

- Catherine Bell. Adorable as ever. `Nuff said, moving on.

- Sasha Alexander. Anyone know who this is? Whoever she may be, she`s cute and had great hair. Maybe try something wacky and part it on the side though, since EVERYONE parts that style in the middle.

- Poppi Montgomery, Karri Turner, Julianne Nicholson. All pretty girls with hair issues of varying degrees. Karri, too messy. Poppi just blah. Julianne, just plain needs a style. Any style. How hard can that be?

- Traylor Howard, see comments about Julianne above. It`s Julie Bowen`s haircut without the cute factor.

- And last, but by no means least, the fabulous Dana Delany. Her hair looks fantastic. Love the length, love the waves/curls, love how it falls over one eye, heck, even love the center part in this case. Best pics I`ve seen of Dana in a while. And the best reason to watch "Presidio Med" this fall. Right Andy? =)

But all that`s just one Flea`s opinion.

As usual,
JerkyFlea
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
mommak8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommak8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 11:23am
Thanks JF! It was like a mini column of yester-year - much appreciated!
Aoecean Glyvxx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 1:19pm
CBS= Crap Broadcasting System(Network)
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Aoecean Glyvxx Aoecean Glyvxx wrote:

CBS= Crap Broadcasting System(Network)

No more so than anyone else. And they do have "Raymond", "CSI", and "Survivor". Surely you can`t hate everything there?

But, that`s not important right now...and I`m sorry for calling you Shirley. What about the hair? =)

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 11:44pm
Hi pal.

I agree with you on Dana Delaney and, naturally, Catherine Bell. Dang, she may be the hottest shorthair babe on CBS.

Two things wrong with Emily Proctor: She needs to touch up the roots and all of her hair is behind her back.

I`m not sure what it is about Roma Downey. On the plus side, she doesn`t have that blonde hair any more. On the negative side, I absolutely loved her long hair (I know, so what else is new?) and I really miss her bangs. Off the topic of hair for a minute, did she do something to puff up her lips and/or are her eyebrows bushier than usual? In the closeups, she looked a tad spooky.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 2:20pm
Hair is nice, but I wouldn`t mind seeing the network executives consumed by some type of bacteria. For putting out "All American" sappy garbage which may offer home, but is merely another machination for the sharks to attempt to shape & mold the personalities of impressionable viewers.(For the record, I only watch MadTV and the Simpsons)

However, I don`t mind "All American" networking, just make it "All American" i.e. Friends is "All American" yet there has never been a black person on that show! Can`t they at least get like someone who is black?

NP- Klaus Schulze "Illricht"
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 3:53pm
Since you only watch Mad TV and the Simpsons (what a suprize) how would you know what "All American" TV is all about?
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 11:03pm

Hair is nice, but I wouldn't mind seeing the network executives consumed by some type of bacteria. For putting out "All American" sappy garbage which may offer home, but is merely another machination for the sharks to attempt to shape & mold the personalities of impressionable viewers.(For the record, I only watch MadTV and the Simpsons)

However, I don't mind "All American" networking, just make it "All American" i.e. Friends is "All American" yet there has never been a black person on that show! Can't they at least get like someone who is black?

NP- Klaus Schulze "Illricht"

As long as we`re staying off the subject of hair, you are incorrect in your assessment of Friends. Several African Americans have been on the show. In one very memorable episode, an African American woman moves into the main characters` neighborhood and both Ross and Joey attempt to woo her. (In other episodes, Ross dated an Asian woman and he was engaged to an English woman, so there you have it.)

Rachel`s hair looked awesome in that episode, by the way. And I really like Phoebe`s hair with bangs. There, back on topic.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 11:05pm
Wow, Catherine Bell makes an otherwise ordinary hairstyle look Fabulous!! I mean, now I want my hair to look like that!! She is definately an excellant poster girl for short hair!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 11:45pm
Poster girl? How about a dart board?
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2002 at 12:46am

Poster girl? How about a dart board?

Dartboard?? She is beautiful, what is not to like about her?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2002 at 4:52am
She has a great haircut, but JAG is bad...
Dart board!
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 9:53pm

Dart board!

I`ve been a member of this board for a long time & I don`t remember anyone as consistently rude as you. And off topic. This is a HAIR board, not a "let me give my opinion on everything except hair" bulletin board. Maybe you could stick to the topic at hand or maybe you could find a more appropriate board to post on.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 9:14am

Dart board!

How sad... so negative at only 19!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 2:54pm
I said it before and I`ll say it again, CBS is awful.
You can all gladly watch all of the networks, but it is my choice to restrain myself when it comes to TV viewing. I`d rather go in my garage and pick up spiders(I might get a job in a local biology museum handling arachnids and crusteceans) then watch the same network drivel over and over again. If I want entertainment, I`ll watch Homer or MadTV. The rest should be in some way fufilling(History channel, etc)
Stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by AggiePam AggiePam wrote:

Dart board!

I've been a member of this board for a long time & I don't remember anyone as consistently rude as you. And off topic. This is a HAIR board, not a "let me give my opinion on everything except hair" bulletin board. Maybe you could stick to the topic at hand or maybe you could find a more appropriate board to post on.

This is the pot calling the kettle black here. Who are you Pam to tell people what is or is not approxiate? You`re nobody, that`s who. And you Pam are someone who has to comment on everything. Check every last thread and you give your paultry two cents worth. I could care less about what your opinions are, but up until now, I`ve always acted like an adult and kept this to myself. Grow up Pam, please.
rainbow*girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainbow*girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 6:04pm
I know that I am probably a nobody too, but I agree with Pam. Aoecean has every right to refrain from watching TV, but that does not make her superior to anyone else, as she seems to think. And how can you honestly have an opinion about all the programming on CBS if you only watch Mad TV and the Simpson`s, which are not on that channel? I could care less about anyone`s opinions unless they are actually about hair, but that doesn`t seem to happen very often.
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 7:26pm
If anyone`s keeping score, I agree with Pam too
felix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 7:34pm
People, people... :)

Some posters are simply ruder than others. They may frequent boards where such ways of expressing yourself are the norm rather than the exception. I, for one, noticed nothing exceptionally rude about the way Aeocean expresses herself.

I think that unless a poster is really exceptionally rude and uses coarse language, it`s best to refrain from attacking each other personally.

Everything else is for the Admins and Moderators to decide.

Let`s keep things nice here, shall we?
-f
freshrico View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freshrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 11:06pm
as a long time observer, but infrequent poster, i side with pam as well
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic