Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dawn Summers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Curled Christie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curled Christie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dawn Summers
    Posted: December 18 2002 at 7:56am
Ok, I can`t be the only one that noticed those new romantic ringlets on Michelle/Dawn last night! Have we seen that before? All of the hair wasn`t curly-cued, only the top layers -- very cute and interesting. Wish we could have seen more of it.

Then they keep doing things with Anya`a hair as well. First it`s a straight parted bob. Then they add some curl and body later in the episode. I`ll take the later look.

On top of all of this, SMG`s hair looked totally sleek and shiny when not up in that half-pony. I can`t remember the last time her hair looked that healthy. I hope they keep glamming the hairstyles to buffer the heavy and dark themes that are ominously towering over our Scoobies.

Questions/Comments?

CC
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2002 at 1:17pm
Hey fellow Watcher! :)
I also noticed Dawn`s hair- it was very cool. Maybe they`ll do it like that again. I love Anya`s hair these days...she`s back to her original brown! Its much better than last season- the light blond, Charlie`s Angels look wasn`t doing anything for her. I like the shorter length, too. I thought it looked really good when it was flipped out at the ends (the episode where she turned that guy into the giant worm), and I like the loose curls as well.
Buffy`s hair is good, but I dunno if I like the heavy, kinda feathered bangs. They don`t look bad, but they`re not her best look either. I`m also not wild about the lighter blond color she has going on now...I liked last season`s golden blond color a lot better. Oh, well, at least the plot of the show is better this year! It`s a lot more like the older shows- dark and heavy and grim, just the kinda situation where our Slayer is at her best!
Oh, yeah, I also liked the new SIW`s hair (Slayers in Waiting)- the one that got killed :(, and especially the punky one with the ****ney accent and the curly pigtails. She`s adorable! (I haven`t learned their names yet). What did you think?
Anyway, good to know that there`s another Buffy fanatic out there! Hope our Scoobies and their foxy new hairstyles can defeat the Big Bad!

Lotsa Love, CC!
Ingrid
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2002 at 2:49am
Hey CC-
I saw your response before those punk hackers wrecked half the site...I also couldn`t believe that they killed off the one cute British SIW in her first episode! :( I hear that there will be more, hopefully with new and interesting hairstyles.
I saw an older (season 4) episode the other day in which Anya`s hair was about shoulder-length, straight, and super dark brown- striking!
Y`know who else had great hair on that show? Glory (Glorificus) from season 5...golden and wild with the loose, crazy curls...I WISH that I had hair like that!!!!!!
Anyway, I can`t believe they`re making us wait so long for the new episodes to come out :( I wonder what`ll happen next........?

Lotsa Love and happy slayin`
Ingrid
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curled Christie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2003 at 1:48pm
Fellow Slayer (hopefully not SIW - they go quick! lol):

thanks for reading my post before it got zapped! Glory had.....well......glorious hair!! Bring her back!

BTW, here`s that link again:(http://womencentral.msn.com/beautystyle/articles/aj_curly.asp). To anyone that didnt` see my zapped post, Dawn seemed to be wearing `corkscrew curls`, not `botticelli curls` (which is what I initially thought they were).

I`m SO looking forward to the return of Faith later this season. Can`t wait to see what new style she`s sporting.

It seems that they change Anya`s hair the most on that show. A new color or style every week or two it seems -- sometimes during the same episode! I think I heard that Emma Caulfield is staring in an upcoming movie. should be interesting to see her hair in that.

New episode next week!!!

Big Buffy hugs,
CC
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2003 at 5:35pm
Anyone have a picture of Dawn with curly hair, or know where I can find one? I`m one of those guys who LOVES curly hair (take note, Curled Christie!). Buffy does seem to provide a regular supply of interesting new styles - good to see the cast taking chances.

By the way, Christie - what kind of curls do you have?

- Andy
Layers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2003 at 10:32am
I just viewed an old episode this morning on FX where Anya`s hair was long, blond, and pretty straight. I would have to say that this is her most flattering look.

I think the best thing about SMG and the other girls on the show in general is that they are not afraid to change their look, whether it`s long to short, straight to curly, etc.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curled Christie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2003 at 8:54am
Andy:

Sorry to take so long to get back. My hair is currently honey blonde. My last perm was about 4 weeks ago -- a body wave -- so it`s not terribly curly at the moment. But the next trip to the salon I`m hoping to go `Nicole Kidman` curly. I`ll let you know.

Cheers,
CC
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2003 at 12:13pm
Christie -

Honey blonde hair with "Nicole Kidman curls" would certainly turn my head (and probably strain my neck!). Sounds wonderful. Let us know how it turns out, OK?

- Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic