Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Avril rumor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Avril rumor
    Posted: January 05 2003 at 8:43pm
I heard a rumor that Avril Lavigne was going to do something " different " for her act on Saturday Night Live this week. I heard three different stories- one was that she was going to sing a ballad- 2. she is going to sing a Britney song, just so people won`t get the idea that she is so anti-Britney, and the third thing I heard was that she was going to cut her hair before the show, and premiere her new look in front of a national audience. NONE of these were " official ". Anyone heard anything?
wozziewoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozziewoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2003 at 5:21pm
Haven`t heard any of these, where did you hear this? Since most of the musical performers now sing two songs on the show, it`s possible that all three could be true. But if only one can be true let`s all hope it`s the third one. I guess we`ll have to wait `til Saturday night to find out!
wozziewoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozziewoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2003 at 5:21pm
Haven`t heard any of these, where did you hear this? Since most of the musical performers now sing two songs on the show, it`s possible that all three could be true. But if only one can be true let`s all hope it`s the third one. I guess we`ll have to wait `til Saturday night to find out!
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2003 at 11:14am
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030107/170/2zp37.html&e=12&ncid=707
Her sexy long hair still looks untouched. In the background we can see Cindy Lauper`s incredible bob. Any better pic?
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2003 at 9:13am
I sincerely doubt Avril will cut her hair any time soon. It`s one of her trademarks. And it looks good on her, so why would she cut it?

Out of the three rumors I`d say the first one is the most likely to be true, she is going to sing a ballad. I don`t think she`ll sing a Britney song, she (or the record company) will probably want to plug her own music.
Joee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2003 at 7:05pm
Idoubt the rumor also. She is performing tonight in Boston, and the eleven o`clock news is promisiing shots from the show, so I will see if, as of Wednesday, the locks are stil long.
It was a rumor, not a wish. I think she looks cute and girlish with her long hair - she is a girl after all, she`s just cute and..herself.
MplsLongHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MplsLongHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2003 at 11:47pm
There was a picture of Avril in today`s Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper. According to the picture, her hair is still long.
MplsLongHair
wozziewoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozziewoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2003 at 12:16am
yes, & in the preview commercial, that aired earlier on NBC it was still long too, but that doesn`t prove anything. Notice in the original post it says "she was going to cut her hair before the show, and premiere her new look in front of a national audience." It is still two days before the show. It may or may not happen but don`t use that fact that you`ve seen her several times this week with long hair to disprove it. She could cut it Saturday afternoon or even early evening, & would then be "premiering her new look in front of a national audience." It may happen it may not, but we won`t actually know for sure until after the show has aired on Saturday night.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2003 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Joee Joee wrote:

I heard a rumor that Avril Lavigne was going to do something " different " for her act on Saturday Night Live this week. I heard three different stories- one was that she was going to sing a ballad- 2. she is going to sing a Britney song, just so people won't get the idea that she is so anti-Britney, and the third thing I heard was that she was going to cut her hair before the show, and premiere her new look in front of a national audience. NONE of these were " official ". Anyone heard anything?

Joee, so far everyone`s source of this rumor is you. What is your source for this information?
Joee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2003 at 9:13pm
Gord, here is the scoop - a friend of mine works across the street from TRL, at an insurance company. She never sees Carson and those types, but a lot of the tech people. They are the ones who told her that SMG called the office to set up with her stylist, which is when she told me about Sarah cutting her hair before SNL. I know it was only bangs, and this new rumor may be totally out there, but she,Mina, is my source. How or where she heard it, how relaiable - lord knows.
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2003 at 1:23am
so what happened? anything?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2003 at 7:37am
Nothing; her hair is still long, straight, and kind of stringy.
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic