Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ashley Judd -- Cover of Bazaar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
clownboots View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ashley Judd -- Cover of Bazaar
    Posted: February 18 2003 at 7:52pm
Has anyone seen the March cover of Bazaar Magazine? It features Ashley Judd with a super short crop. Its shorter than I have ever seen it. Some of you aren't going to like it saying she looks "boyish", but I think she looks great.

Of course she looks great in any hairstyle, but Ashley is one of a few unique celebrities (think Audrey Hepburn, Halle Berry, Jamie Lee Curtis and maybe Winona Ryder) who looks best with shorter hair.

There's no way in hell someone like Britney or J-Lo could pull off the same hairstyle.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 8:01pm
Your so right! Ashley is one of only a small handful of women who can pull that short style off with such confidence! Like Halle, it must be in her bone structure!
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 6:29am
Here is a link that shows the front cover....Lookin good

http://store3.yimg.com/I/magazinecity_1729_10533177
Curled Christie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curled Christie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 8:06am
She looks ok. A bit 'too' short IMHO. Without the makeup and pink va-va-va-voom Versace dress, I'm afraid it'd be a bit too tomboyish. I'll grant that she can wear it shorter than most other celebrity starlets.

You can check out the preview of this issue in this weeks US magazine (Michael Jackson cover). Personally, I'm much more impressed with the preview of Kate Hudson on the cover of Cosmo - lovely, longish locks!

Cheers,
CC
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 9:56am
It looks great!
glitterjess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glitterjess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 5:28pm
I think she looks really great! You don't have to have long hair to be sexy or pretty.
clownboots View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 6:10pm
I think this hairstyle works on Ashley because:

1. she has the right personality for such a hairstyle -- strong, independent, yet still feminine.

2. she has a pretty face -- radiant eyes and great smile.

3. like AggiePam says, she has the right bone structure (although I'm not sure how to define this -- furthermore, I'm not sure that there is one type of face that is best suited for shorter hair.)

4. she has a long and beautiful neckline -- somewhat reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn.

Anyway, for those of you who don't really like this shorter hairstyle, what would be a better alternative?
pojjooh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pojjooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 6:20pm
You call that short?? I thought she was going to go SHORT!! I am disappointed. That hair is long enough to run your fingers through. Come on Ashley, I thought you were into the whole short hair thing. Why not take a few risks?
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 9:14pm
Looks awesome. Only a few women can pull that off with such great results.
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2003 at 2:10am
I like it (it looks kinda like mine! :) ) I wish she didn't dress so, how do I say it?....revealing? :( She's so pretty that she really doesn't need to be flashing her chest to everyone like that...in fact, nobody needs to.

Great hair, tho. Come to think of it, she's always got great hair, short, medium or long.
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2003 at 7:11am
I completely agree with you Ingrid!
Dark Rosaleen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Rosaleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2003 at 7:43am
Umm, I think I like it, on her anyway. I generally prefer long hair, but she can pretty much get away with anything. Though I do agree that she could wear a different dress. Can't say I'm partial to seeing body parts hanging out on people.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2003 at 9:58am
She looks wonderful there but I think if it wasn't styled for height and volume it wouldn't be so pretty. I wonder what it looks like when she does it herself?
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
buzzednapelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2003 at 1:59pm
Looks great! Looking forward to see more coverage from that magazine.
buzzednapelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 7:05pm
I found these on the short haired girls website:

Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 7:17pm
I think Ashley looks very good in her new cut.

I wear my hair in a length and style not much different than that .

I like the look and it's very easy to take care of.
Lady Maria
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 4:51am
I think she looks stunning. The style is very feminine on her. Funny becasue I would look butch
in a cut so short, but Ashley manages to pull thi one off well - one of her best looks.

Jacqui
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 8:03am
Personally, I thought it was a bit too short for her. I mean she has a gorgeous face and can wear the cut, but there are others that are more flattering. It would look better even just a little bit longer.

In fact, it already does as she appears to already be growing it out:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&str=ashley+judd&sfld=C&nvc=E&nvv=23650

JF
Big J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 8:45am
Boooooooo

She should go back to the way it was, besides is'nt she suppose to play Catwomen soon cuz she had short hair like Ashley had it cut.

Besides she made a huge thing about her cutting it short so why woukd she let it grow out, especially if it looks good?
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 8:18pm
I like her in short hair too. I wear my hair about that length but mine is styled a little differently, not parted on one side.

The skimpiness of her outfit doesn't bother me any, you see women with clothes that revealing in public these days and it doesn't mean she is a "loose" woman.
The way the photographer has her standing in the photo though looks a little stiff and contrived, a little awkward.

Still, she's pretty, and a talented woman.
Lady Maria
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic