Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Connie Nielsen Mag Cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
clownboots View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connie Nielsen Mag Cover
    Posted: February 25 2003 at 1:15am
Not to steal Ashley Judd's thunder, but I just picked up the March issue of "Town & Country". The cover features a close cropped, Connie Nielsen, who looks absolutely stunning. The pictorial inside is even better.

I'll scan the pics when I have more time. In the meantime, this is the only pic I could find. Sorry it is so small.

http://magazines.ivillage.com/townandcountry/subscribe/issue
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 9:51am
I'm not familiar with Connie but I love her look!

I wear my hair about that length and I love it!
Lady Maria
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Lady Maria Lady Maria wrote:

I'm not familiar with Connie but I love her look!

I wear my hair about that length and I love it!

She was the sister of the emperor in Gladiator.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 8:51pm
I saw that magazine cover today in person and didn't have a clue who Connie Nielsen was. When you mention "Gladiator," though, it brings to mind a beautiful female character who had long beautiful and darker-colored hair. The woman on the magazine cover looks rather plain compared to the woman in the movie. It may be the hairstyle. Are you absolutely certain it's the same woman? If so, the new look does not compare favorably to the former look.
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 9:05pm
Of course YOU WOULD say that Gord!
Lady Maria
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 9:55pm
Ms. Nielsen is a versatile, if not chameleon like model turned actress. In "Gladiator" and "Devil's Advocate" she sported long exotic, curly red locks. She switched to California blonde in films like "Soldier" and "Rushmore" (Dirk Callaway's hot mom), and then she went short and dark more recently in "Misson to Mars" and "One Hour Photo". She will sport her new short, blonde look in the upcoming "Basic" with John Travolta and Samuel Jackson.

I disagree with Gord when he says "she looks plain." She just looks different -- and IMHO better. I love it when celebs aren't afraid to play different roles and go for different styles. Change is good. Nevertheless, I do agree with Gord in that she did look beautiful in "Gladiator" and in long hair.

For pics and bio, go here:

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Nielsen,+Connie+(I)
Luv em Short View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luv em Short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 11:39pm
Very nice!! Asley Judd and now Connie Nielsen going short! They both look incredible with very short hair.Maybe this will become a trend for beautiful female celebs!! I sure hope so!Jennifer Garner (she has cute ears for it)and Faith Hill would both be GORGEOUS with this same cut. IMHO!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2003 at 7:19am
It's been short for three years now. We had this discussion ages ago. This is like deja-vu all over again.
HAWG
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2003 at 2:08pm
Yeah, its been short for three years now, but she has worn it in different styles, lengths and shades. Maybe she hasn't undergone a radical makeover recently, but she has altered her look and she looks good. What's wrong with discussing that?

As for the deja vu thing, many of us haven't been on the board for three years -- so, maybe we missed previous threads. As a side note, if you don't like the thread, just ignore it. Or better yet, go to the Ulrika Johnson thread.
Aoecean Glyvxx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2003 at 3:09pm
Connie Nielsen looks good, Mandy Moore looks like a fish, and beetle larva are underground for the winter...Your point?
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2003 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Aoecean Glyvxx Aoecean Glyvxx wrote:

Connie Nielsen looks good, Mandy Moore looks like a fish, and beetle larva are underground for the winter...Your point?
Yours?
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2003 at 3:10pm
Who here thinks that AG and ononotdon are one and the same???
i think you get my point.

I looked at the picture spread in the mag and Connie's hair looks thin and damaged....Maybe her own natural hair isn't the thick, beautiful mane of Gladiator? Anyway, she looked really good in some of the pictures, but others were dreadful.

jmho

jacqui
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic