Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got ends trimmed/Depressed....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got ends trimmed/Depressed....
    Posted: January 27 2001 at 10:57am
Yep, I`m kinda bummed out. I am trying to grow this hair. It`s in layers, but I like layers. I do not look good in all one length, so I want to keep the layers, just have long layers. Well, I got it trimmed up yesterday. I told the stylist my agenda, she insisted on trimming up the layers. Making them shorter. I`m depressed. I feel like I`m starting all over again. It does look better though, and it has shape. But still, I can`t help but feel like I`ve gotten it cut and it`s going to take that much longer now. I even thought of just having it all cut off this morning, but I changed my mind.
Well, thanks for listening. I just had to vent......Meg
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 2:05pm
Reply to message: 24.113.1
Meg, keep in mind you are the client and the stylist lives from your money, so she has to support your wishes. If she insists on her opinion I would leave her (in future). It is quite different if you ask for advice. I think you want long hair so you should give it a chance and let it grow out, but try to be persistent against the wishes of others and maybe against your own doubts. The hair apologizes all the trims and grows again. And you can enjoy it`s growing insite a supportive community.

wolfgang
Sara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 2:27pm
I`m so glad you changed your mind about cutting it all off. It`s really a shame your stylist was so pig-headed. I feel your pain. :( Do you think in future you could have a loving family member with steady hands just lightly and carefully trim your split ends ONLY? That would spare you some grief.
Be persistent... you`ll get there!
Sending an encouraging hug,
sara
meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 8:52pm
Reply to message: 24.116.1
Hi Wolfgang and Sara!! Thanks for the support and the advice:) I actually feel alot better tonight. My hair does look much better, it has a nice and pretty shape, and I believe that it`s going to be actually easier letting it grow now. The reason being, if it`s not in a pretty shape or a shape that I think looks good, then I`m going to want to change it, therefore getting it all cut off. So now it looks better and I believe that it will actually help me to grow it. Does this make sense at all??? I`m very fickle as you can tell by the tone of this post and the tone of the one this morning. Look over me and thanks so much for your support...........Meg
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2001 at 7:23am
Reply to message: 24.121.1
Hi Meg,

Just wanted to say that I am glad you didn`t do anything rash that you would have regretted later. I am sure your hair looks wonderful and as it grows longer, it can only look more and more wonderful and beautiful.
Best of luck in your hair growing exploits, and know that there are lots of people here who will always be willing to offer you support along the way.

John
meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2001 at 11:33am
Reply to message: 24.125.1
Thanks so much John! Ya know, if I had only found this board sooner, I believe that I would be sitting here with much longer hair. I have tried so many times to let it grow, but I`ve not had the support. Thanks for the kind words........Meg
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2001 at 7:28pm
Reply to message: 24.121.1
Hi Meg,

>>if it`s not in a pretty shape or a shape that I think looks good, then I`m going to want to change it, therefore getting it all cut off. So now it looks better and I believe that it will actually help me to grow it. Does this make sense at all???

Absolutely, and I totally concur. What good will it do to have your "perfect" length in two years if you hate the way your hair looks in the meantime?! It`s like walking a tightrope, though. You want a little bit cut to maintain a shape yet not so much that all the growth is cut off!

Hey, you`ve got support, mademoiselle! We all have various lengths of hair here, but our goal is the same. Growth and long hair!!

Jennifer
meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2001 at 9:53pm
Reply to message: 24.166.1
Hi Jennifer!! Well, I`m a happy camper:) I had a very good hair day today, and I am sooooooo glad that I didn`t give in to the urge and get it whacked off!!

I was a bit bummed when I first got it shaped up, but now it is looking really good. Since I found this sweet little board, I have been letting my hair air dry almost 100% and then shooting a bit of air to it to give it some lift. It is in just about the best shape it`s ever been in. The only problem is that I have frosted hair and it`s about time for another frost. I just do not want to do it. It will dry my hair out and it just will not be as healthy. I have to decide what to do. Anyway, thank you Jennifer for the support, believe me it helps!
Meg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic