Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Current hair trends..or lack there of

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Current hair trends..or lack there of
    Posted: March 11 2003 at 11:17am
Seems there hasn't been any sort of trend/popular style for a few years now, we see long/short, straight/wavy, blonde/brunette, one-length/layered now. Maybe the trend is that there isn't one. Thoughts anyone?
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 11:56am
I have noticed the trend moving towards more curl and wave and less perfectly straight styles. I do think celebs in general are in a bit of a rut with hair at this point. I am hoping the change in season will inspire some change.
jmho - thought I would start posting more instead of being a lurker. Hope more people will follow.

jacqui
Penny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 2:17pm
Another lurker makes a comment. I agree! There has not been a real "IN" style that really set a trend since Dorthy Hammel the ice skater. The wedge was noticed and was EVERYONES STYLE FOR YEARS! We need another wedge. I am sick of the dirty mop look.
ejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 2:40pm
I feel sorry for people that use trends as crutches.
At the moment there are so many you cant document them all!!! thats whats great at the moment so much to choose from.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 2:58pm
Actully "The Trend" has been long fake blonde hair. Every where you look theres been some celeb thats wearing hair extensions and bleaching there hair. You have Mariah Carey, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Mandy Moore, Christina Agularia, Britney Spears, Shakria, and many others that I can't remember at this moment. It would be nice if the trend would turn toward more natural styles, no extensions, no bleach, no wigs, no hair pieces. Wouldn't it be nice to see britneys real hair lenght and natural color over her fake bleach blonde hair extensions, look what it did for mandy moore, she has never been sexier imo. Jennifer Love Hewitt looked cute with her bleached hair untill she put extensions in it but looks great just after she cut her hair to chin lenght and her dark hair.
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 5:58pm
Don't know what you call it, but Reese Witherspoon's hairdo in "Sweet Home Alabama" --I'd describe it as a short, layered bob-- is showing up on lots of celebs and regular folks alike.

Durango
HairLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 7:32pm
While i haven't seen any/many celebs sporting two-tone color, i've seen lots of women around town with it. Light blonde on top with dark roots and dark hair underneath top layer in the back. IMO the contrast of the two colors is very interesting and sexy. Hope this 'trend' continues ...
chittychittyfringefringe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chittychittyfringefringe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 7:36pm
You are all wrong. The fringe is the current trend - it has been getting more and more popular in the past 6-12 months, and now everyone wants one. Naturally, I'm ahead of the game. I've had mine since the day I was born. LONG LIVE FRINGES!
lilmountaingirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 8:38pm
One style that i think is a pretty big-in-demand trend is the new, sexy bobs..... the new take on the classic style has 'razored' ends, that often get flipped up and out.... making a just rolled out of bed type of look.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 9:56pm
Many of the things you have posted are some of the latest trends. Long lose curls are really the rage right now, they are very soft and romantic.

The "shattered" bobs are still all the rage also and lots of layers of multi colors.

Speaking of color, the blondes are going "OUT". If you notice on alot of celebrities the trend is to go more rich brown with highlights.

I received my latest "professional hair magazines" and you would not beleive what was all over these magazines, Very Tall Hair!!! Think Gwen Stefani on the grammy awards. I don't think this will really take off but it is interesting. ALSO, various versions of mohawks

In reply to the person who posted on how much they think that trends are unimportant; You are entitled to that opinion, but I personally think it is really FUN top follow the trends. It is one of my FAVORITE hobby.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic