Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Penelope Cruz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by hal hal wrote:

Gord... can I still slam you......... please?
Sure, until Karen accepts my application as the new moderator of this page... Hal, you freak, you know I wouldn't have it any other way.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 4:55pm
Gord... can I still slam you......... please?
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 4:41pm
I have been guilty of slamming Gord on this board more than once, without warrant. Gord, for that I am sorry. Again, you like what you like, and so do I. You express your opinions eloquently and forcefully - little ambiguity, and little mistaking how you feel. As someone who makes his living examining the written word (English teacher), I think that this is refreshing.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

Its just any time someone cuts there hair less than 10 inches below there shoulders in gordos book that makes them less actractive in his mind even if they actully look great. You don't hear me saying every woman looks ugly with long hair. I actully think some long hair looks good, like today i was at a resturant and this young lady walked in with hair down to her waist, it was evenly trimed healthy looking and very thick brown color, I thought she was hot and so was her hair. Now gord would think she was ugly if she just took 5 inches off her lenght. Thats why I called him closed minded. Hes entitled to his opionion and keep it closed minded if he choses, thats his loss. I just think he should not call some one ugly before it happens just because he has a lust for long hair. Miss Cruz is a very pretty young lady and just because she shaves her head does not mean she all of a sudden becomes ugly! P.S. Have a great day.
Bubba, this is getting a little old, putting me on the defensive all the time, isn't it? You're like some teen-agers I know who hear only what they want to hear (or in your case, read only what you want to read).

You may not remember every post I submit, but because I'm a registered contributor here, they archive my posts and anyone can research what I have written. I went through my last 50 posts and here is what I found:

1. Since I am an admitted hardcore longhair lover, most of my posts support longhaired women.
2. On May 3, I wrote that Tina Fey (a woman with shoulder-length hair) of Saturday Night Live has never looked better.
3. On April 15, I noted that Robin Strasser of the soap opera One Life to Live had shorter hair than I remembered it (shoulder length or above), but her hair looked so good, it looked like a wig.
4. Marg Helgenberger (shoulder length) looked luscious on David Letterman's show (April 12).
5. The shorthaired drummer in Lillix looked very sexy (April 12).
6. Lara Flynn Boyle always looks amazing, even when her short, shoulder-length hair was pulled back in a bun. (April 8 and many times prior).
7. Stephanie Powers (shoulder length) still looked great (March 17).
8. I complimented women who added bangs to their hair, including Tiffani Amber Thiessen.
9. I have forever complimented the hair of Katie Couric, in fact calling her the "hair transformation of the 2000s."
10. Ditto for her news partner on the Today Show, Ann Curry. Below-shoulder-length hair and looking fine.
11. I praised the HAIRCUT AND BANGS of European soap star Tanya Jess.
12. I said I can't stand Celine Dion's new haircut and said Penelope Cruz would look ugly as a bald woman.

That about sums it up.

Shorthair, I checked for your archived responses to see if you were as open-minded about longhaired women and could not find any archived responses. It seems you never registered with this hair forum. Why is that?

Can we please try to remember that this forum is about the celebrities with the hair and not the people who are commenting on them? I've never once denied I prefer longhair, but I try not to go to great lengths to ridicule those who disagree with my opinion.

While I have the floor, though, just a friendly suggestion to Shorthair: copy your text into Word and use Spellcheck before sending them on to the group. In your last post, "Its" should have an apostrophe; it should be "their" instead of "there"; "gordos" should be capitalized and have an apostrophe; "attractive" only has one C; "actually" has two As (you misspelled that one twice so at least you're consistent); "resturant" is misspelled; "trimmed" has two Ms; "length" is misspelled; and "hes" and "thats" both need apostrophes. If you want more credibility, you might start there.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 12:28pm
Its just any time someone cuts there hair less than 10 inches below there shoulders in gordos book that makes them less actractive in his mind even if they actully look great. You don't hear me saying every woman looks ugly with long hair. I actully think some long hair looks good, like today i was at a resturant and this young lady walked in with hair down to her waist, it was evenly trimed healthy looking and very thick brown color, I thought she was hot and so was her hair. Now gord would think she was ugly if she just took 5 inches off her lenght. Thats why I called him closed minded. Hes entitled to his opionion and keep it closed minded if he choses, thats his loss. I just think he should not call some one ugly before it happens just because he has a lust for long hair. Miss Cruz is a very pretty young lady and just because she shaves her head does not mean she all of a sudden becomes ugly! P.S. Have a great day.
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2003 at 11:19am
I think some, make that many, women look beautiful bald. If Ms. Cruz joins those ranks (never got a definitive answer from her, by the way), she may or may not. I realize that my aesthetic preferences are decidedly in the minority - that doesn't mean I need to change them. Nor does Gord. 'Nuff said.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

[QUOTE=Gord] Let me be the first to predict that if Penelope goes bald, she will be one ugly bald woman.

Most woman who go bald actually look very pretty bald. It takes a very brave and strong person to shave there head. If Penelope does do it she will look incrediable bald. She is a very pretty woman and would look good long, short, medium lenght or most radical move bald. Gord you need to stop being so closed minded, I like short hair but don't think everyone should have it cause i like it, or think any one with long hair is ugly.
I don't "need" to do anything. I'm not talking about all bald women or all bald people. I'm talking about Penelope Cruz as a bald woman. Take off the makeup, keep the big lips, don't pin back the ears... now remove the hair. Not a pretty picture.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 9:12pm
I can't think of to many american actresses that have shaved there heads. If any had to be bald they wore bald caps. Which is what I was wondering when i first read this thread, if she is going to wear a bald cap? By the way it was worded she is not going to if she gets the part and even wants to go bald. Some one once said that every woman should shave there head once in there lives just to see what it like. she said it was the most liberating feeling in the world, that was said right after she cut off all her long hair and shaved her head bald. So maybe that is what Penelope wants to do, be liberated?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 8:32pm
I have a question to ask.Has any actress after going bald have a bigger movie hits or less?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 7:30pm
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 6:23pm
[QUOTE=Gord] Let me be the first to predict that if Penelope goes bald, she will be one ugly bald woman.

Most woman who go bald actually look very pretty bald. It takes a very brave and strong person to shave there head. If Penelope does do it she will look incrediable bald. She is a very pretty woman and would look good long, short, medium lenght or most radical move bald. Gord you need to stop being so closed minded, I like short hair but don't think everyone should have it cause i like it, or think any one with long hair is ugly.
Big J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 4:41pm
Well I doubt that she will look horrible bald, she could look amazing you just never know until it happens. But I would'nt get to excited about it until it actually confirmed that she will and I see pics of it happening or her bald.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 4:15pm
Gord, It couldn't be worse than her platinum coloring a while back... I think she would look ok, but it wouldn't be her best look.

this is the shortest picture i could find:

http://www.actressarchives.com/display.php?path=/penelope&loc=servv5&img=penelope23.jpg

this is the worst she ever looked:

http://www.actressarchives.com/display.php?path=/penelope&loc=servv5&img=penelope22e.jpg

here's an interesting look:

http://www.actressarchives.com/display.php?path=/penelope&loc=servv5&img=penelope09a.jpg

this one's for Gord:

http://www.actressarchives.com/display.php?path=/penelope&loc=servv5&img=penelope02.jpg

And this gives us a clue how she'd look bald:

http://www.actressarchives.com/display.php?path=/penelope&loc=servv5&img=penelope05a.jpg

she's got a nice face and the ears look good... I think she'll look ok.
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

Let me be the first to predict that if Penelope goes bald, she will be one ugly bald woman.

I hardly think that will be the case... but I will say that I don't think it would be her best look. (Read: just about any look with hair woul be better)
I agree with JFlea here... she looks good with it like she has it now. It better be one heck of a role to go bald for it...
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 9:10pm
Let me be the first to predict that if Penelope goes bald, she will be one ugly bald woman.
Big J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 8:51pm
cool that would be cool to see Penelope Cruz bald...huh well is it confirmed or is it just rumor and if it is confirmed I hope it is on screen. Oh and JF keep praising Alba's bangs
WMAdams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMAdams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 6:31pm
You're awesome, JF!

Thanks for the laugh. Your commentary is exquisite as always.

Bill
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 5:19pm
Bai Ling looked sensational bald. Penelope I'm sure would also look great bald as most beautiful, feminine women do.
Both are exceptionally pretty women with or without hair.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 3:27pm
You know, this figures. I was just thinking after seeing some pics of her on WireImage today that her current style (long layered and right at her shoulders) rivaled her long hair as the most flattering on her. She seemed to have grown out her bob extremely well, and I was even considering posting about it.

Which, given my history of praising a style just prior to some drastic change to it, should ensure that Penelope will be sporting a naked noggin in the near future. Note to self: Stop saying how good Jessica Alba's bangs look...

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 2:15pm
wow.. I wonder what is Penelope Cruz's hair history. I remember reading about Bai Ling, and she hadn't cut her hair at all, just trimming.. perhaps this won't be as drastic for Penelope if she had short hair before?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic