Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Bollywood is better than Hollywood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aoecean Glyvxx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Bollywood is better than Hollywood
    Posted: May 09 2003 at 3:12pm
Bollywood actresses are among the few actresses in the world who will never cut their long, silky, black hair...Some well known ones are

Kareena Kapoor- Need I say more?
Kajol Davagan- India's hottest woman in my opinion
Aishiwiya Rai- The next Bond girl..Known for her long black hair...

Its weird that middle easterns make up 30% of the nation and all we do is perpetuate a negative stereotype of them...Casting them as terrorists or whatever...Time to get over this and start realizing that while alot of people of Middle Eastern decent are into Islam, most of the ones I know are highly Americanized. Like my ex girlfriend, current flirt #1 and current flirt #2 are both highly Americanized.
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 5:15pm
People from the Mid-East are not 30% of America, they are appox. 2%. You really honestly don't know much do you.
Less than 3% of the U.S. is Muslim.
Aoecean Glyvxx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 9:07pm
My mother is of Asian/Latin/Caucasian decent and my father is Turkish/Syrian. Regardless of the makeup of the U.S., Islam is the largest religion in the world....
Middle Eastern refers to people of Indian, Afghani, etc decent.
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 10:33pm
According to U.N. statistics there are 1.4 billion Muslims in the world. Christians number about 2.5 billion. Hindus are a less than a billion, about 800 million, and Buddhists are also less than a billion. The rest are smaller religions or no religion.

Buddhists would be larger than they are but so many people in China and Veitnam, due to Communism, no longer practice a religion.

In the U.S., people of Arab descent are roughly 2%, South Asians from Pakistan, India, Afighanistan etc, are apopox. 1%. The major ethnic minorities in the U.S. are Black Christians and Hispanic Christians. All religious minorities combined in the U.S. are less than 5% of the country. Only Latin America has a higher percentage of Christians than the U.S..

Where we live in California, and in New York City, are where most Muslims and South Asians in America live. Also sizeable Arab populations in Chicago and Detroit areas.
spyder View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 9:15am
If all the actresses in the world would "never cut their long, silky, black hair" then I guess there wouldn't be much to talk about on this board, other than "ooh, so-and-so has such long, silky black hair, isn't it great" and "what's-her-name's long silky black hair is silkier than thingybob's, but thingybob's is blacker and longer". And wouldn't that be fun.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 5:15am
Spyder - You are so right!!! and so funny too.

Yeah, that would be pretty exciting.

AG - i agree that we (and many other countries) tend to stereotype other cultures way too much.

jacqui
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic