Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whatever happened to...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whatever happened to...
    Posted: June 22 2003 at 7:07pm
Sarah McLaughlin (sp?), you know, the canadian singer who sang "Building a Mystery". She sent shockwaves through celeb hair community when she shorn her beautiful long wavy hair into an equally beautiful edgy crop. We haven't heard much about her lately. Here is a link to a recent event in Toronto where she is sporting just below the shoulder locks, and looking very pretty.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&logsrch=1&sfld=
WMAdams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMAdams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 9:40pm
Not bad, but not as flattering as the pixie. Actually, the new pictures of her sitting behind the piano performing remind me of the Carole King of yester-year. Don't believe me? Do a search for Carole King on WireImage.

No comment at this time on Sarah's older (long) look.

Bill

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 7:03am
I don't think I've ever seen Sarah with long wavy hair, but maybe I will in my lifetime, so thanks for bringing me hope. hehehe

Here's a bit of a closer look at her current hair length:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030622/170/4grvm.html&e=7&ncid=707
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 10:45pm
Still perfer the pixie.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2003 at 7:21am
Definitely much more feminine with her hair longer....I remember my first impression of her pixie way back. I thought it made her look too "butch"

Jacqui
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2003 at 9:20am
Agree.
Some women look more feminine with short hair, some less.
The pixie didn't work for Sarah.
Or maybe it was the way she had her hair cut that was unflattering. Too spiky, choppy of a cut.
tina
IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2003 at 2:25pm
Sarah butch?!!? I never thought that and I loved the short cut on her . The cut she had looked great, short on the sides and back with long choppy layers on top, beautiful! (She had beautiful curly waves back when also.)
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2003 at 3:20pm
I prefered her with short hair and never thought of her as butch in the least. She always struck me as the kind of girl you could go out to coffee and have a great conversation with.
She looked very pretty when I saw her on stage, pre-Lillith fair.

Isn't she married to a guy named Ishmail? No idea why that stuck in my head when I can't remember so many other things. Oh well, senility comes early.
Peace to all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic