Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

alanis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alanis
    Posted: September 26 2003 at 11:41pm
*really wishes photographers would pay more attention to getting good shots of celebrities' hair* *laughs* They just need to adjust their priority lists, that's all. . .
Ah well, by what I can see, it doesn't look bad. But I can kind of understand the long hair fans' disappointment. . . only because it's a similar, though maybe more exaggerated, disappointment to what I feel if attractive short-haired girls start growing theirs :-P .
More awesome than a manatee!
94harley View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2003 at 8:29pm
It's not short except for her!!! Way too short!! needs to be back on her ass orover it to thigh's that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2003 at 6:12pm
wow... i never really thought I'd see her with it short. Doesn't look too bad... not that the Yahoo! photos are the best they could be.
IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2003 at 9:46am
She had great long hair, very sexy and sensual (and that compliment is coming from an avowed short hair lover) and now she has great shorter hair, very lush and thick with a great color. I think it looks very good on her, and she would look great all the way to a pixie too. I still don't understand why there are two camps on this long hair short hair issue. If you've had long hair forever, break out and try short hair. If you've had short hair forever, try growing it long. Experiment, ife is too short to get caught in stereotypes, open up some, it's just hair. It can be very exciting going from very long to very short. My biggest beef is that celebrities will wear their hair for years in long styles that you can't tell the difference in and when they finally try short hair they inevitably start growing it out immediatly.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2003 at 8:50am
What a horrible sight to wake up to. Alanis shorter than ever!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030926/170/5e6y2.html&e=11&ncid=707

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 9:23pm
It's hard to see it well against that dark BG. Does anyone have a picture with better contrast?
More awesome than a manatee!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Why be so disingenuous? If musician's (and by extension, celebrities') looks didn't matter, a whole fleet of beauty-industry "experts" would be required to seek their living elsewhere. Why do you think Hollywood is populated by so many attractive-looking people? Why do you think that people of average acting skill and outstanding looks can and do become spectacularly famous? Musicians and celebs alike are the sum total of their "package," of which their appearance is unquestionably an aspect. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

Nothing personal, Rod. Just get real.

For the most part, musicians looks don't matter. Aside from prepackaged beautys like Britney Spears, musicians aren't chosen by labels based on looks. Music has had some of the ugliest people on the planet. A lot of guys go into music to meet women. If they could get the women because they were good looking, they might never have gone into music. Kurt Cobain was grunge and might have been considered attractive to the grunge crowd, but I can't imagine any record exec looking at him and thinking he was.

Music isn't visual anyway. It's audio. I don't care what they look like, only what they sound like.

Of course actresses' looks impact their success. If they're attractive, they have a leg up. But it's not like they lose their charisma if they cut their hair. Keri Russell was still cute with short hair. She was still as good an actress and had the same charisma on screen. My interest in her didn't change when she cut her hair. I don't see why anyone else's would.

Originally posted by Vineman Vineman wrote:

It does suck though her long hair was something unique to her, her uccting it because it took quicker to get ready is really a prsonification of the world today, people want everything on a palte even if it means cutting everything up and chopping off all the meaning.

We have no appreciation of soulfulness anymore. Not to say someone with short hair can't be, thats dumb it's only an image, but it still sucks to go from having something unique to nomral because it's easier.

Man, If I had kept my hair short I wouldn't have been called a freak 1/10 as often. THat made it hard. But it was worth it to be myself and to grow up as myself.

So thats why people don't like it. But it's her hair and she can alwyas get extensions or a wig anyway, whch she porbably will at some stage.

What's unique about Alanis is her music. She may be one of the few celebs with waist length hair and I guess people with hair that long feel a sense of connection that way. I don't know what you mean by "meaning" and "soulfullness". I can only assume that's because I don't have long hair and don't understand what it means to you. I can only guess Alanis didn't find the same thing in her hair that you find in yours.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

She's a musician. Is your appreciation of her music impacted based on her hair length?

Hi Rod,

Why be so disingenuous? If musician's (and by extension, celebrities') looks didn't matter, a whole fleet of beauty-industry "experts" would be required to seek their living elsewhere. Why do you think Hollywood is populated by so many attractive-looking people? Why do you think that people of average acting skill and outstanding looks can and do become spectacularly famous? Musicians and celebs alike are the sum total of their "package," of which their appearance is unquestionably an aspect. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

Nothing personal, Rod. Just get real.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 7:08pm
It does suck though her long hair was something unique to her, her uccting it because it took quicker to get ready is really a prsonification of the world today, people want everything on a palte even if it means cutting everything up and chopping off all the meaning.

We have no appreciation of soulfulness anymore. Not to say someone with short hair can't be, thats dumb it's only an image, but it still sucks to go from having something unique to nomral because it's easier.

Man, If I had kept my hair short I wouldn't have been called a freak 1/10 as often. THat made it hard. But it was worth it to be myself and to grow up as myself.

So thats why people don't like it. But it's her hair and she can alwyas get extensions or a wig anyway, whch she porbably will at some stage.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by enfys enfys wrote:

Not entirely. But image is part of your life as a celebrity. Many people did admire her hair. I was one of them. I liked her hair more than her music. That's just what I think. I don't like it. You can like it if you wish. You can send her hatemail. It's your life. Feel free to enjoy it, and I won't try to taint your admiration of her. I'm sure I couldn't do that if I tried anyway.

I don't claim admiration for her, but I do judge artists based on the quality of their music or acting, not their look. If an artist changes her look to one I find less attractive that won't change what I think of her. It's tough for me to imagine someone sending Alanis hate mail because she got a haircut.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 4:27pm
Not entirely. But image is part of your life as a celebrity. Many people did admire her hair. I was one of them. I liked her hair more than her music. That's just what I think. I don't like it. You can like it if you wish. You can send her hatemail. It's your life. Feel free to enjoy it, and I won't try to taint your admiration of her. I'm sure I couldn't do that if I tried anyway.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by enfys enfys wrote:

She'll probably keep on cutting it, growing it, cutting it again for ages now.
Won't she always find it quicker to do her hair if there's less of it? So, there'll keep on being less of it...until she looks like a coot - or as bald as one at least.

Not a good look. She's dissapointed me and other fans of her music and image.

She's a musician. Is your appreciation of her music impacted based on her hair length?
Curlyfan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 4:09pm
Enfys wrote:

"Not a good look. She's dissapointed me and other fans of her music and image."

Speak for yourself, my friend... I'm a big fan of her music and her image, and I think this new cut is a great improvement. Her hair completely overwhelmed her before. I think this new cut suits her really well, frames her face beautifully, and makes her look more confident. Plus I'm sure it's healthier, and a whole lot easier to take care of. I wouldn't go too much shorter, but I hope she keeps it for a while.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 3:56pm
She'll probably keep on cutting it, growing it, cutting it again for ages now.
Won't she always find it quicker to do her hair if there's less of it? So, there'll keep on being less of it...until she looks like a coot - or as bald as one at least.

Not a good look. She's dissapointed me and other fans of her music and image.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 2:28pm
woo hoo, keep goin girl!!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 1:41pm
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2003 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Viktoria Viktoria wrote:

Yeah, well, she was one of my great long hair inspirations. But she still is an inspiration, in many other respects. And anyway, she looks as beautiful as ever!
Which begs the question, Viktoria, how long is your gorgeous hair?
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2003 at 7:18pm
ack looks horrible.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2003 at 1:17pm
Yeah, well, she was one of my great long hair inspirations. But she still is an inspiration, in many other respects. And anyway, she looks as beautiful as ever!
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2003 at 3:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic