Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

celine dion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brulist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brulist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: celine dion
    Posted: September 13 2003 at 12:37pm
from the associated press:

NEW YORK (AP) - Celine Dion doesn't care what critics say about her because
her albums are so popular and tickets to her Las Vegas concerts are selling out.

"Many times they send people to criticize the show, which first of all they
don't like you to start with," Dion says in an interview airing on ABC's
"Primetime Monday" at 8 p.m. EDT.

"They send people who are very snob - sometimes, not always, but sometimes -
and people who like band, heavy rock," the French-Canadian pop singer says. "And
then they send them - poor guys - to see a romantic show with people who's going
to sing a ballad. Of course they're not going to like it!"

Dion, 35, also doesn't care if people hate her dramatically short haircut,
which she got for her extravaganza show "A New Day."

"A lot of people, I think, think I did a mistake ... I don't think I made a
mistake because I can always have long hair tonight with a wig on my head,"
she says. "There's times that I like my short hair very much - when I put hats,
when I go play golf, when I'm a mommy, when I go out of the pool. That's great -
it works very nice."
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2003 at 2:29pm
Good for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2003 at 4:04pm
Yes, good for her, but she is still a butterface with that haircut!
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2003 at 4:40pm
I usually like short hairdos on women.
But in the case of Celine, it doesn't look too good does it.
Of course she didn't look too good with long hair either.
But she can't help that.

What she can help is the material she chooses to sing.
Has there ever been, in the entire varied history of western pop music, a sappier person, singing sappier songs than Celine Dion?
brulist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brulist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2003 at 11:21pm
Brent E. wrote:

"Has there ever been, in the entire varied history of western pop music, a sappier person, singing sappier songs than Celine Dion?"

Well, there's Wayne Newton. And Barry Manilow.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 12:33am
People are so mean to her. . . I say, at least she's doing what she wants rather than worrying all the time about what people will think, the way a lot of women do.
More awesome than a manatee!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 1:48am
True Kuroneko. She does what she wants to do.

But I can't imagine who would ever buy her music. It's dreadfull!
Does she really have the right to foist such awful music on the world?-(tee hee)- Is this really the sort of culture the western world wants to be known for?
Maybe our troops in Iraq can blare Celine Dion music from longspeakers on their tanks when they are invading the enemy. The terrorists will run away and hide when they hear Celine's music!.

That's it! That's how we defeat the terrorists! We blast them with Celine Dion music!
Why didn't one of our genius military stradegists think of that!
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 2:02am
Oh Kuroneko. Was I being mean to Celine with my last message?
Well she has been mean to the world with her terrible music!-(tee hee)-.

I will quit being mean to her when she;

A. Gives me half of her throughly undeserved money.

or

B. Quits the music business.
tina
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 6:38pm
You ever heard that expression Tina,"I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy".
Could that apply to Celine Dion's music and terrorists?
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 7:59pm
tee hee hee!. You're a funny guy!
You are right Brent!.
Although maybe the terrorists deserve her music!
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 4:05am
I have to admit, I can only take her music in small quantities, but I still don't think she deserves so much abuse. She has a powerful voice, even if she does use it for way too many sappy ballads. . . and I find her much less irritating than Michael Bolton, who's in the same kind of genre.
Saying her music could be used to drive away armies is very cruel, yes. I think similarly about a lot of young, popular artists of today, but if I hate them so much I just try to avoid their conversations rather than go in just to insult them.
More awesome than a manatee!
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 10:07am
Kuroneko:
We're just having some fun. Don't take it too seriously. I've got nothing against Celine, she seems a nice enough person.
I just don't like her songs.
Big J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 9:51pm
Is there gonna be anything like a recap of it onlione any where I missed the part where she talked about her hair and only saw the end...
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 10:09pm
Kuroneko.
You must have read enough of my posts by now to know my sense of humor.
C'mon girl, I don't hate Celine. She's just a sap! Her music is so sachrine and corny that it's funny!
I mean you have to admit Kuroneko, you really have to have either an incredibly sheltered life or be a complete cornball to like her music.
And I know you wear your hair short Kuroneko as I do, and both of us usually like short hairstyles on women, but Celine looks awful in her short hair! And it's a terrible style.

She is just the corniest lady!!!.

But I don't feel bad about giving her a hard time here.
I'm sure she doesn't read this, and even if she does, so what?
She is bloody, filty, rich off of her mediocre talent, just because of the heavy-duty promotion of her ridiculous music, -(or maybe because there are still too many corny saps out there)-.

So Celine can laugh all the way to the bank, while all of us common "non-celebrity" people, us "little people" who do all the real work of the world for chump change, have to live on our meager incomes.

Am I jealous of Celine? I would like her money sure, but no, I'm not jealous of her. I wouldn't want to be her. She is too homely, sappy, and ridiculous. I would be embarrssed to be her.

Women who really are beautiful and talented, -(as well as wealthy)-, women like; Jennifer Lopez, Julia Roberts, Madonna, Angela Bassett, Michelle Kwan, Mia Hamm; now there are some women to be a little envious of.
Actually all of those ladies I mentioned I admire and respect. Each in their own way is inspirational to me. They deserve at least some of their wealth and fame.
tina
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 8:37am
Ok, enough Celine bashing. Sheesh. Critique her hair and fashion sense all you want, but let's get away from the personal attacks.

And, for what it's worth Tina, I'm not a fan of Celine's music myself, but even I can tell that she can vocally wipe the floor with J-Lo. And given the diva behavior of both, I'm really not sure what puts one over the other except that J-Lo's image is considered more hip in popular culture right now.

So, let's just let it go and get back to hair.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 8:47am
Ok Jerky enough Celine bashing.
But your wrong about Jennifer. Her songs are better than Celine's -(although it's true Jennifer is not a great singer granted)-, and Jennifer has become a pretty good actress.
tina
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 9:16am
Hi Tina,

Last comment: I said "vocally", as Celine simply has a better voice and is a better singer than Jennifer. The songs themselves are a matter of taste and I can't defend either. And Jennifer is actually a decent actress. She just needs to get back to stuff like "Out of Sight" and less crap like "Gigli" and "The Wedding Planner".

And I'm done.

JF
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I have to admit, I can only take her music in small quantities, but I still don't think she deserves so much abuse. She has a powerful voice, even if she does use it for way too many sappy ballads. . . and I find her much less irritating than Michael Bolton, who's in the same kind of genre.

Very, very true. She has an incredible voice, even if it's not to everyone's taste.

Back on topic.
I haven't seen her hair yet. Any links anyone wants to post for me?
Cheers!
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic