Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CMA Awards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CMA Awards
    Posted: November 06 2003 at 12:00pm
Some quick observations from the CMA Awards. Red carpet pix at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/music/cma/gallery.jsp?gname=cma2003red&floc=mu-cma-s1l4

Winners pix at
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/music/cma/gallery.jsp?gname=cma2003win&floc=mu-cma-s1l3

More photos are at http://www.cmt.com/news/events/cma2003/photo.jhtml

Vince Gill-what I'd give to have hair like that. I relate more to Jimmy Buffet. OTOH, if Jimmy can be that hot, there's hope for us short, bald, fat middle-aged guys yet.

Alison Krause--same basic look, a little longer with some shorter layers around the face and bangs--nice.

Faith Hill--very short, swept back off the face style. Nice to see that she's ditched the extensions and the harsh bleach job. Looks much softer and more natural, although I wasn't crazy about the style. Could maybe use some bangs? Dress didn't do much for her, though she'd be gorgeous wearing a sheet.

Shania Twain--longer yet--nicely styled, too. She really makes her hair move as part of her choreography.

Dolly Parton is, well, Dolly. What can you say? (In addition to her obvious, uh, assets, has anyone bothered to notice that she has a first-class set of gams?)

Nora Jones--super talented--how many people do you know who can sing like that and play concert-quality piano as well? But please get some help with that hair and the dress.

Denise Jackson (Alan's wife)--below the shoulders, layered and shorter layers around the face--wow, top to bottom, though I'd vote for bangs.

Sara Evans--below the shoulders layers--too heavily llayered, just looks sort of stringy. It's also not right for her face.

Martina McBride--same look (which is a great look for her, IMO), maybe a touch longer--but it looked to me as though she was wearing a wig, of all things, and not a very good one at that. (Sort of reminds me about the Bud commercial featuring really bad toupee wearers.)

Sheryl Crow--layered around the face--hmmm. A little too much of the "styled in the limo on the way over" look. Needed more curl, and maybe bangs.

Leeann Rimes--too long, too straight, and the two-tone color doesn't help. Another bang candidate.

Jennifer Hanson--very long & wavy--super look.

Ronnie Dunn's wife (sorry, don't know first name)--very nice soft long blonde bob. The sideswept bangs work on this one. The blonde sax player for Brooks and Dunn has "surfer girl" long, straight layers with bangs-perfect look for her.

Jo Dee Messina--layered red curls, nicely done.

Patty Loveless--same style she's had since her new video came out, reddish dark blonde, below the shoulders with light layering and long bangs. On this one, I'd go without the bangs, but it's still a great looking hairdo.

Terri Clark--may have added some layering, and it looks good. I realize the hat is a signature look, but can we see it without the hat one of these days?

Amy Grant--another "styled in the limo" look. Too dark, too.

Wynonna--sorry, the long red hair and deep bangs (another signature look) just don't do much for me.

All in all, though, much better hair styles and fashions than any of the other awards shows. It also is the best produced, finished absolutely on time, and has the most live performances. And Vince Gill gets my vote as the best awards show host.
Durango
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic