Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kathy Sabine--bangs may be a good thing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kathy Sabine--bangs may be a good thing
    Posted: January 23 2004 at 2:30pm
Kathy Sabine, morning weather anchor for KUSA-TV in Denver, has been seen occasionally as substitute weather anchor for the "Today" show. You may be able to catch her tomorrow (Sat., Jan. 24)--she usually misses the Friday before a Saturday appearance, and she was gone today.

Unusually for broadcast personalities, especially those who are in the 30ish range, she has hair below her shoulders. It's a little longer than in this pic:

http://www.9news.com/newsteam/sabine.htm

Incidentally, the photo doesn't do her justice.

She's had this style--below shoulder length, layered with long bangs, with a slightly off-center part-- for quite some time and almost always wears it the same way, with the bangs swept diagonally to the side as in the photo. I've only seen the bangs loose once, in a particularly windy appearance on the "Today" show.

Her sports co-anchor, Drew Soicher, periodically teases her about needing to change her hairstyle, and I agree. I'm not a "one hairstyle fits all" guy, but in this case, real bangs would be a good thing. I'd also vote for a little more highlighting. While we're about it, we can buy the girl a hairbrush--she is a big fan of the tousled "I combed my hair with my fingers on the way to work" look.

Rumors in Denver media circles are that her guest appearances on "Today" may lead to at least a semi-regular national gig (several of the "Today" substitutes have either joined the show or gone on to other things). Be interesting to see what style changes she might go through if she becomes a "Today" regular--in particular, whether she keeps the length.
Durango
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 2:02pm
Ms. Sabine will be on the "Today" show on Saturday, Mar. 6.
Durango
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic