Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jewel - Bangs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jewel - Bangs
    Posted: February 05 2004 at 12:33pm
Ugh, another victim of the current bang craze -- Jewel:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/details_Pop.aspx?iid=2930172&cdi=0

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/details_Pop.aspx?iid=2930161&cdi=0

What a mistake! Those bangs look *so* wrong on her. If those pages didn't mention her name, I wouldn't even have recognized her ...

Here's a couple photos from last November:

http://www.dailyceleb.com/production/?view=event&eid=1727&cap=jewel

[Edited to fix outdated links]
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2004 at 1:02pm
Its not bangs that look so bad on her...its those bangs!
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2004 at 1:19pm
I find myself oddly enough liking them. I have no clue why. I can see why people wouldn't like them. I just think they work somehow.

Its an unwritten rule that you must have bangs to be a celebrity right now. Michelle Branch also popped up on wireimage with new bangs that are actually decent but I probably preferred her without.

Bangs amaze me. There are so few cases of them working out but its a trend that people are so quick to jump in on. I don't understand it but I am a victim as I'm trying to get my wife to go for bangs. I think its an easy way to make a change without a major committment to something new.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2004 at 2:49pm
Suddenly, Jewel looks like the heavyset Wilson sister in Heart. It's kind of an '80s look. Now if we could only turn back time to the days just before she got the haircut. Ugh.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2004 at 8:14pm
i love bangs and i agree they look terrible they need to be shorter or something
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2004 at 8:48pm
The bangs on her are just wrong.

She looks like she is trying to be Brittney Spears.

No, I don't like it.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2004 at 8:07am
Well maybe she wanted to try them out and now going to let them grow. Let's hope.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2004 at 10:18pm
I love bangs but not those. Too long, too uneven - she needs my expertise on cutting bangs :)
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 11:07am
I agree, the bangs are too long, the sheepdog look, not good!
She looked so cute before she got the bangs! Maybe if she cut her bangs it might work for her.
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 5:19pm
The bangs aren't so terrible, but the pin-straight styling isn't doing her any favors. She looks better with more volume, or even just a slightly more flowing look, since in the before pics, it had only a very slight wave to it, but that was enough to flatter her face more.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
Jimmy the King View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy the King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2004 at 10:19pm
Is that Chrissy Snow?. oh no wait it's jewel
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 10:36pm
Just a quick update: It looks like Jewel's one of the few celebs who do not grow their bangs back out right away.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====66258&c4nvi=3&str=1993&styp=clbi

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/details_Pop.aspx?iid=50967979&cdi=0

She sure looks cute as hell in some of the latest pictures, especially since she's trimmed and softened her bangs a bit and they're not as blunt anymore as they used to be when she first cut them. But I still believe that this was a bit of a mistake -- though certainly not a major one.
c View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 12:32am
Does anyone else find it amusing that the background from the last picture is advertising dental products?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 7:34am
Ok the last two sets of pics were better then the first with the bangs showing. She don't look bad with them in the last set.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 3:33pm
It is hard to imagine that anyone could look at those last two pics of her bangs and consider them a mistake - she looks awesome. I know,I know everyone has their opinion.
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2004 at 11:17am
She looked better before the bangs, and the bangs are too long also.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2004 at 11:27am
Now that her bangs have clearly been trimmed, she looks pretty good. I don't prefer them on her, though.
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2004 at 10:32pm
I like her the best without the bangs, but the bang photos from the June posts are far better than the Feb post ones. They look softer around her face.
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic