Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis got another haircut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hairdude02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairdude02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanis got another haircut
    Posted: February 07 2004 at 11:17am
On alanis's official page, somebody posted pictures of behind the scenes footage of her new video " Everyday". The photos show her now sporting a pixie length hairstyle.

here is the link
http://www.alanis.com/main.html
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 11:41am
I couldn't find the picture of her in a pixie.
I love Alanis and her music and it would be so cool if she got a pixie!
94harley View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 11:51am
I wouldn't call it pixie short but definitly short hair with some of ear showing. don't like it back super long like sit on it.
The blazer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The blazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 11:57am
once you get to the website, go to the part labeled 'musings' and go through the pictures. The last one is the best look at her new do. It's not quite pixie length, but it is close, and the way she's going will probably be there soon. It is short, between chin and shoulder length with a lot of short layers.
andreambk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreambk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 1:41pm
here's the link of the photo
http://www.alanis.com/musings/see9.jpg

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 1:43pm
Looks like there was a pic of someone or her with a bald skin cap? Or was that someone else?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Curlyfan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 3:59pm
Dang. I'm really glad she got rid of the super-long hair but I think she should've stopped a couple of cuts ago, when it was around shoulder length. But then, she didn't consult me. :-)
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 5:34pm
That style just invites bad bedhead to come over and play. It's long enough for major frizz-out potential, but short enough that there isn't a darn thing she can do about it. In order for her hair to have any weight to it, it needs to be a little bit longer. ITA, she should have stopped a couple of cuts ago.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 6:51pm
That haircut looks terrible on her. She needs to either cut it shorter in a pixie or grow it back to shoulder length.

It's an old ladies hairstyle, very plain and boring. Nothing against librarians, I actually like libraries, but she looks like a dowdy librarian, instead of the wild, fashionable, rock musician she is.

Or maybe that is part of what she is trying to do, tone down her image.
But Alanis, don't tone it down that much!!! C'mon girl!
Native View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 7:19pm
It's kind of cute, but I'm not convinced that it's not a wig she was wearing for the video.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 8:00pm
Let's hope it was a wig!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 11:10pm
Someone call 911, and get Gord medical attention....STAT!

;) all in fun gord!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 2:06am
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

;) all in fun gord!

Indeed, the fact that Gord has not replied yet could be only 1 of 3 reasons:

1. He is on vacation (unlikely, but possible)
2. He is in shock, and can't deal with the reality
3. He is in denial, and refuses to reconcile the fact the Alanis cut her hair off!

(btw, I agree that she should have stopped before now, I liked the between chin/shoulder cut.)
jerry shafty jackson jumpy jacks jawilliger jackso View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry shafty jackson jumpy jacks jawilliger jackso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 2:31am
or something tragic happened
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 7:02am
I agree with Pixielady - its awful and either more needs to come off - or she should grow it back to how it was a couple of cuts ago. I expect the former to be the most likely. Just how far is she going to go?

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
Magua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 7:54am

[/QUOTE]She should go shorter for sure
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 8:57am
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

;) all in fun gord!

Indeed, the fact that Gord has not replied yet could be only 1 of 3 reasons:

1. He is on vacation (unlikely, but possible)
2. He is in shock, and can't deal with the reality
3. He is in denial, and refuses to reconcile the fact the Alanis cut her hair off!

(btw, I agree that she should have stopped before now, I liked the between chin/shoulder cut.)
Alanis? Alanis who?
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 9:07am
I'm gonna be sick......All of that beautiful hair....gone.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 12:58pm
I imagine she'll soon be appearing as a regular on a Nickelodean (or some other network) TV show... thus, coming full circle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 1:09pm
Let's hope not Dave!

Alanis has so much talent, but she has always been eccentric and independent-minded and doesn't seem to care what she looks like or what others think of her. In a way that's good but it can be weird too.

Let's just hope she continues to make great music, regardless of her hair and fashion ideas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic