Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis on her hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanis on her hair
    Posted: June 02 2004 at 10:45pm
I agree Brent.

To me the zzzzz..... look is what she had before, the frumpy clothes and the long unkept, scraggly hair. Like an old hippie woman.
Long hair only looks good if the person is really willing to take care of it.

The other thing is her clothes, she's dressing better and more up to date, and just sexier.
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 9:51pm
I feel just the opposite of you Bob.
To me Alanis with her new short hairdo is more exciting and sexy.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 6:55pm
Ironically, years ago I saw several pics of Alanis in which her hair looked matted and greasy, so I never paid attention to her. Since becoming a fan several years ago, I've seen photos from those years when her hair was super long which are scintillating. In fact, the "witchy" images are the exception!
Miss Brenda, I can't comprehend what she was talking about in explanation of her "fashion disaster" wardrobe as a badge of feminism. All I know is that if I have a choice between angelic hair with sloppy clothes, or cropped hair on a fashion plate, I'll choose the former almost every time. Her look is nice, but SOOO... common now. She looks more like a PTA president or a CPA than a rock star to me. (LOL) Bob
As Dave said, "Zzzzzzzz...."
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 11:34pm
I never said long hair looked bad or outdated on women, I said it looked bad on Alanis because she didn't take care of it.

And what I meant by up to date is that she doesn't look like a burnt out hippie from the 1960s now with unkept long hair and sloppy clothes. She dresses modern, uses some makeup, wears some nice jewelry and has a nice modern short hairstyle.

Of course women with either short hair or long hair can look "up to date" if they take care of their hair whatever length it is and wear modern clothes and a little makeup.
Any length of hair can be up to date if well groomed.

And I must admit the short hairstyle Alanis got isn't my favorite short hairstyle, it is somewhat plain and she could have got a short 'do with more pizazz or a more intriguing style, but it's still an improvement over her previous shabby look with her hair so scraggly and unkept looking.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Vineman Vineman wrote:

Why should everyone look "modern", and "up to date"? People should create their own style instead of following others. Alanis had her own, now she looks far too common the way she is.

Agreed. Ordinary. Plain. Dull hair.

It's what she wanted, sure. But... zzzz

I laugh when I hear or read short described as "modern" and "up to date." It's been described that way for at least 30 years. If it was "up to date" 30 years ago, what is it now? Out of date.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2004 at 12:39pm
Why should everyone look "modern", and "up to date"? People should create their own style instead of following others. Alanis had her own, now she looks far too common the way she is.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2004 at 8:11pm
Long hair can be very pretty, but Alanis didn't take very good care of her long hair when she had it, it looked scraggly. She also dressed like a lady bum or a bag lady. She was a great talent but she looked like a long haired dirty hippie girl, a throwback to a previous era.
Now with her short hair she dresses more feminine and looks neat and clean. She looks modern and up to date with her short hair.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 11:56pm
Very Interesting Bob. I would put it another way...I think her hair is not a pretty as it was when it was uber-long, but I think that she is prettier now, than she was with long hair. You can see it in her face, she has a very different attitude with short hair, like she has come out of hiding.

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Haylie, I am crazy about super long hair on most women. Alanis' was about as beautiful as I've ever seen. She has been dressing better of late, but I frankly never cared what she was wearing when she was a Rapunzel. The hair was mesmerizing to me. (lol)
I have stated before that I think she looks pretty with short hair, but there's no comparison in my mind. I don't think I'm the only guy who misses those incredible tresses on her. One either has a passion for long hair on women, or one doesn't. There's no explaining it. Best, Bob
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 11:24pm
Haylie, I am crazy about super long hair on most women. Alanis' was about as beautiful as I've ever seen. She has been dressing better of late, but I frankly never cared what she was wearing when she was a Rapunzel. The hair was mesmerizing to me. (lol)
I have stated before that I think she looks pretty with short hair, but there's no comparison in my mind. I don't think I'm the only guy who misses those incredible tresses on her. One either has a passion for long hair on women, or one doesn't. There's no explaining it. Best, Bob
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 9:02pm
Some of the sexiest women I've met are housewives or professional women.

Alanis, of course looks adorable in her short hairdo! She's a talented, delightful woman!!!
Curlyfan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 7:30pm
<>

Acutally, that's exactly right. I read in an interview the other day that she used to think being a feminist required her to dress in frumpy clothes and keep her hair long and natural. Now she's realized she can celebrate her womanhood without compromising her principles.

Yesterday morning she performed on CBS's "Early Show" and anyone who thinks she looks like a housewife, think again. She had makeup on, a colorful form-fitting top, and jeans. Her hair was a little flat but still flattering. Damn sexy look if you ask me!
haylie <> View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haylie <> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 4:02pm
Bob, I don''t know how you think she was so sexy before. She dressed in the biggest sack-like clothes before. Sure she had great hair but it was almost like she was ashamed of being pretty.

Now it seems that she''s realized that she can be a feminist and be attractive at the same time. Good for her! Women CAN be pretty without compromising their principles.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 2:01pm
It may sound harsh, but I agree with Brenda. She does look like a "professional" woman or "suburban housewife". That's why I have little interest in seeing her in concert anymore. I'd have paid a ridiculous price to see her show if she kept the long hair. She was so HOT! Bob
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 11:17pm
A grandma? You are weird, the woman is 30 years old and looks 30.
She looks like many young professional women or middle class housewives. It's not a spectacular look but it isn't bad either. I like it and I really like her music.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 10:32pm
She doesn't look as bad in the pic... but she really really doesn't suit short hair, she looks like a granny. I think she missed the point of her own style entirely one day, and that's what led to this.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 5:56pm
I dont care what she does WITH HER HAIR, ALANIS IS MY IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 4:00pm
I agree that she looks "adorable" and quite "mature" now, but I much prefer her steaming hot image with "endless" tresses rippling down her back. Hey, I'm a guy who loves sultry women! It's the sensuality of long locks that gets me to tune in. (lol) Bob
P.S. Her music still rocks!
Curlyfan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 2:38pm
I'm definitely voting for Alanis's current, shorter look. First, I think she looks SO much better without the weight of her hair obscuring her face and body, sort of dragging her down. Second, I think it's a more mature (but still very sexy) look that suits her as she gets older. Third, I just think the cut itself is adorable, and the long bangs and styling suit her face really well. Well done, I say!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 2:31pm
I don't think that long hair makes a woman look "girlish", just beautiful!(in most cases) I think Alanis has lost that intangible edgy, dangerous, libidinous look which I found compelling. I think many others who find long hair sexy are similarly deflated over her haircut. Bob
P.S. If I didn't know how ravishing she looked with long hair, I'd be more pleased with her appearance now.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2004 at 9:47pm
I agree with Alanis.

I feel sexier and dress much sexier and more feminine since I cut my hair short.

I also feel more like a woman, less like a girl.

Alanis does too.

She's great. I love her new look. And I love her music!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic