Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Edie Falco

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edie Falco
    Posted: May 24 2004 at 9:46pm
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2004 at 9:51pm
I love Edie Falco! She's a great actress.

I love the SOPRANOS!(Although last night was so sad, they "whacked" Adrianna !)

I love her new short pixie. I think she is beautiful in all of her hairstyles, she's a nice looking lady.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2004 at 11:13pm
DAMN! That's short!!!

Not sure what to think...have to wait to hear her comments on it.

My two cents.
luvemshort View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvemshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 1:17am
That is short!! Oh god she is so sexy looking with this cut! Thank you Edie for showing everyone how beautiful supershort hair can be on a woman!!
trim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 1:25am
Just say Edie on Letterman. She looks fantastic with her new haircut!!!!!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 7:12am
Well one thing is sure she is going to save some cash on hair care items. LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 8:01am
Woulda shoulda coulda. Dang.

I've been on the verge of posting for the last few weeks that I thought Edie Falco had shaved her head for a role or something because I thought her hair looked very wiglike. One of those things where her hair looked just too much the same at multiple different events over time. And when I say the same, I don't just mean length, but styled exactly the same (same amount of flip, same pattern of bangs in the front, etc). Hey, I notice this stuff.

Now, we just need to find out why...

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 9:04am
If it's for a role, fine. If it's for the rest of her life, I hope she rethinks the decision. When I look at her face, I now think "nose."
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 2:21pm
Add Edie to my haircut "disaster" list. I know the word "disaster" is hyperbolic. These are just fun musings here! Call me disappointed! Bob
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Woulda shoulda coulda. Dang.

Hey, I notice this stuff.

Now, we just need to find out why...

JF

Yes, you do notice that stuff, that's what makes you the Jerky Flea!
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 10:37pm
Edie is Italian. She has a classic Roman nose. She has Mediterranean features. Is that a bad thing?

Many Italian women, including those with Edie's type of nose, are gorgeous. Edie looks great with her new short hairstyle.
Morgan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 1:49pm
From today's New York Post...

"Carmela 'whacked'
Hair's the new Edie

Edie Falco has gotten the chop: A haircut so radical, Tony Soprano would put a hit on the hairdresser.
The star who plays Carmela on the smash HBO show 'The Sopranos' unveiled her severely shorn locks as she attended a Monday-night screening of Fox TV's new courtroom drama, 'The Jury' at SoHo House in the Meatpacking District.
Fans did double and triple takes as they searched in vain for the big blond bob for which Falco is so famous on 'The Sopranos.'
But don't worry - everybody's favorite mob wife isn't changing her looks for long.
'It's a summer hairdo. That's all,' said HBO spokeswoman Toby Becker."
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Morgan Morgan wrote:

From today's New York Post...

"Carmela 'whacked'
Hair's the new Edie

Edie Falco has gotten the chop: A haircut so radical, Tony Soprano would put a hit on the hairdresser.
The star who plays Carmela on the smash HBO show 'The Sopranos' unveiled her severely shorn locks as she attended a Monday-night screening of Fox TV's new courtroom drama, 'The Jury' at SoHo House in the Meatpacking District.
Fans did double and triple takes as they searched in vain for the big blond bob for which Falco is so famous on 'The Sopranos.'
But don't worry - everybody's favorite mob wife isn't changing her looks for long.
'It's a summer hairdo. That's all,' said HBO spokeswoman Toby Becker."

To which I say hooey. There's more to this, but I just don't know what yet. Doing a little research and photo comparison, it looks like Edie still had her hair in late October 2003 and first donned a wig in late November. That's about the time they finished up filming the current season of "The Sopranos", so there is a possibility it could be explained this coming Sunday night with the final episode of this season.

However, Her hair appears to be only 1 - 1 1/2 inches long. Had she cut it all off back then and then let it grow, it should be 2 1/2 - 3 inches long by now. Also, if you look at some of the close-ups, her eyebrows appear to be thinner and more "drawn on". Basically, I'm hoping it isn't health related and IS for a role. In either case, I don't buy the HBO guy's explanation

But that's me.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
luvSHORThair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvSHORThair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 9:18pm
Her hair LOOKS fabulous short!!

I love it!

Amy
Zebra with spots instead of stripes ;)
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 11:22pm
Lemme get in line.

It's superfly TNT.
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 2:43pm
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by natasha natasha wrote:

Here's a larger photo:

When I saw "Here's a larger photo," I thought it would be an even bigger photo of LovesShortHair. LOL.

Seriously, you may like Edie's haircut, but to me she's looking old all of a sudden, kind of like Cloris Leachman.
Britney15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Britney15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 11:19pm
She looks UGLY with that butch hair cut and it looks like her stylist used a weed wacker
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 11:21pm
In that photo she does look old. In the other photos she doesn't. Actually she is fairly old, in her 40s. That isn't old but it isn't young either.

What makes Edie great though is not her looks, (she is attractive but fairly average looking, she doesn't have fashion model looks).
What makes her great is her personality and her tremendous acting ability.

She looks fine in her short pixie, I like it.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 7:35am
I hate it! IMO you have to be VERY pretty to pull off such a harsh look.. to she just is not pretty enough... I'm with Gord.... makes her look very old.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic