Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing, growing...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing, growing...
    Posted: January 27 2001 at 11:50am
I had a very pleasant surprise this morning, when I finally got some pictures back that were taken December 18th. (Taken right after my last cut - it was a very short pixie cut. And I mean short.) I couldn`t actually believe my own eyes, so I took the picture to my mother and asked how much she thought my hair had grown. When she said "two inches" I yelled "but that`s impossible!". My brother was passing by and said, "gosh, yes, hair only grows about half an inch a month." But then I showed him the picture too, and he sort of stammered and said; "well, maybe an inch and a half... and it`s been a month and a half.. well, almost." :)
So my hair has grown one whole inch and a half since Dec. 18th! Boy do I hope it keeps up... I`ll have more than a foot of hair in a year! All that stuff I`m doing to help it grow must really be doing something...
Anyway, I`m tickled pink! Yay! :)
sara
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 1:46pm
Reply to message: 24.114.1
Congrats on the hair growth :) Can I ask... what you do to help it grow?
Natalie
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 2:23pm
Reply to message: 24.114.1
Sara, you are a longhaired woman in spirit and you will bring it back again to reality. Congratulations to your great success. In one or two years your hair will be already long and on the way to very long. I personally use the German version of "Hair skin and nails", I am very gentle with the hair and currently I have no problems with hair loss and I love it`s growing.

wolfgang
Sara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 2:39pm
Thank you, Wolfgang. I am indeed a longhaired woman in spirit. I`m glad I cut it off, because I have had the experience of both long and short, and I realize that I truly love myself with long hair best.
Natalie, I take a Pre-Natal or a Wal-Mart brand "Hair" vitamin every day (I alternate; I don`t like taking too much iron), a B-complex, and Vitamin E. Plus, my regular winter dosage of C. I also eat plenty of lean protein, wash my hair every other day or so, massage my scalp with rosemary essential oil occasionally, and just try to be healthy in general! Also, as a treat to my hair, every now and then I`ll have a nice conditioning with a homemade oil or egg pack. My hair is thick and shiny and very dark... brown bordering on black with golden lights. I have almost no trouble with split ends.
Hope this helps. :)
sara
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 8:58pm
Reply to message: 24.119.1
Sara, thank you for your reply. I have just started taking a hair vitamin from GNC but may see if WalMart here has one that doesn`t cost as much. Since I just started I haven`t noticed a difference yet. I`ve heard B-Complex is good. My hair is very dark too (and I never get split ends) but I get reddish highlights from the sun. I`m watching "First Knight" tonight and am wishing for hair like the lady who plays Genevere. It`s probably not her real hair but it`s very long. :)

Natalie
Natalie
Sara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2001 at 2:07pm
I actually watched "First Knight" also about a month after I had decided to grow out my hair... if I hadn`t already decided to do so, though, I would have after watching that movie! Guinevere (Julia Ormond - she played in "Sabrina") has the most gorgeous hair. I am pretty sure it`s not her real hair either, but it is just beautiful. Another movie that gives me severe hair-envy is "Practical Magic", with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. :) Or practically any movie where Julia Roberts wears her hair long...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic