Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Milla Jovovich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milla Jovovich
    Posted: August 23 2004 at 11:00pm
Milla Jovovich cut off her long hair in the mid-90s, eventually going very short. The last couple of years, she's sported a style around her shoulders. In her "Maxim" photo shoot, she's sporting shorter hair. Her just below chin length cut can be seen from today's "Resident Evil 2" press conference.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040823/ids_photos_en/r2267567604.jpg
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2004 at 8:56am
She's kind of channeling Alanis Morrisette on this one....

I've given up on her ever having long hair again. This is about the 4th time she's grown it out to the point you think she's having long hair again and then suddenly chops it off.

If you go back and check you can see that in 2003 she actually shaved a patch above her left ear....

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=CLB&str=3074&styp=clbi&sfld=&nm=Milla+Jovovich&nbc1=1&sortval=4d&PageNum=3
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2004 at 9:49am
I remember one "Married with Children" episode in which Milla was foxier than Christina Applegate. Honestly, since she hacked off her hair and, I guess, got older, I don't see the attraction. If the internet is good for anything, it's good for going back in time.

Ahhh...

http://www.biggeststars.com/StarPicture.do?starId=506&file=PG9775_milla012.jpeg

http://www.zothike.com/zothike2/jovo019.jpg

http://www.milla-jovovich.konta.waw.pl/galerie/IMAGES/milla-jovovich-3.jpg

trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2004 at 12:48pm
Its not truly fair to look at pictures of an 18 year old and then compare them to the 28-30 year old and say that she looked better younger.

I liked Milla's long, straight hair in Dazed and Confused. She was totally hot. I also thought she miraculously looked great in the 5th element. Her features are so striking that she pulled off really alternative hair very well. I'm suprised she hasn't played with color much since then.

One things I'll say for her is that she has chosen a signature style and stuck with it. She varies lenght and color a bit but overall has something that works and carries it well.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2004 at 12:50pm
It does make me pretty sad to see how she's aged. She's gone from thin "waif" to thin "skeletal" like some women do.

Makes me aware of how I'm getting up there to see my favorite celebs aging.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2004 at 2:08pm
Milla would be unspeakably stunning if she ever grew her hair back. Soccermomitis, I call this look. It's a "disease" which usually strikes the faint of heart, those tired of standing apart from the crowd. A pleasant but forgettable style, thus I can't understand why any famous woman such as Milla or Alanis would choose this look. Bob
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2004 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Milla would be unspeakably stunning if she ever grew her hair back. Soccermomitis, I call this look. It's a "disease" which usually strikes the faint of heart, those tired of standing apart from the crowd. A pleasant but forgettable style, thus I can't understand why any famous woman such as Milla or Alanis would choose this look. Bob
I've seen some soccer moms with some great (long) hair, but I you've summed it up pretty well, Bob. For Milla, it's all about the hair.
And regarding the fairness of comparing a woman's looks as she grows older: we do it every day. Some look the same, some look better and some, Milla included, looks a lot worse.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 3:50am
The pics they have of her from the movie don't look that great, but I guess looking bad is expected from a zombie-survival flick. The pics of her posing at the event are adorable, though :-) . She's very cute to be so "old" as some of you people seem to think she is.
More awesome than a manatee!
Myriam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myriam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 5:06am
Some picts about Milla on the movie "Jeanne d'Arc" http://site.voila.fr/ultracourt/star/act/16.html
Mirabelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 12:48pm
I'm not one of those people who only likes one hair length (my grandmother was stuck on short hair and always wanted me to cut my hair, and my mom liked long hair better-probably in response to my grandmother's views, but I think that short hair can be just as pretty as medium-length hair, or long hair). However, I don't necessarily like everyone with each of these lengths. I think that Milla is so pretty and that the long hair just suited her. It seemed more exotic and softened her face. I don't think she looks bad at all with the short cut, but I don't like it all that much. It has nothing to do with age at all. She looks pretty good for 28 or so years old, even my boyfriend agrees so it's not just me getting annoyed when people are critical of a woman's looks. If she likes the shorter hair, then good for her and I'm glad, I just think that it would be ashame to have cut her hair because she felt that she had to play into a trend or because she felt like she was getting too old to have long locks, because she's not. Just look at Jane Seymour. It seems like everyone wanted her to go short because she was getting older, but look how her long hair flatters her face. Oh, and while we're on the subject of Milla's hair, I'm definitely not a fan of the blondish shade she sported in the first Resident Evil movie, it just didn't fit .
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2004 at 1:05am
There were some points in that movie where her short hair looked really good, and others where it looked kinda severe for me. But from what I've read, the really severe pudding basin-like cuts were the thing at the time, so I can't complain on that much.
The movie itself, though, I wish it had been less determined to prove Jeanne insane, and a little truer to her story. But I've been into Jeanne since I was very small, so I'm a little picky, I guess. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Myriam Myriam wrote:

Some picts about Milla on the movie "Jeanne d'Arc" http://site.voila.fr/ultracourt/star/act/16.html
More awesome than a manatee!
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 1:24pm
She's my idol, though she was really stunning as a youth, she's got her own, unique look now that I think is great in it's own way, which makes her attractive. I love her, I just can't get enough! YAY Milla!

~* Bambi Lee *~
gonzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:58pm
I think she's one of those people that pull off just about any look. It may
not be her best look, but she always looks good. I would like to see her
with long hair again though.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 2:04am
Hmmmm...Milla Jovovich, Linda Evangelista, Raquel Welch, Sophia Loren...See anything in common?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 8:53am
Fatmoogas All they have and had is hair LoL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 9:48am
Yes, Mike and a certain similar "look" I'd say. Kinda sharp, twisted and sexy.

Edited by fatmoogas
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 12:14pm
She should stick with the darker color and keep her lenth from the sholders and going down.. I don't think that her look at the moment is wrong. Alot better than the resident evil and jeanne d'arc looks.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 12:23pm
She usually has a boyish, tousled look.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 1:28pm
She's just hot no matter what she does! LOL But yes I have gotten her mixed up with Linda Evangelista a few times, but Milla is ten times better looking then her. I think Linda is awkward and... icky. Just me however. LOL
~* Bambi Lee *~
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 1:48pm
I think she's better too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic