Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mia Kirshner SHORT haircut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mia Kirshner SHORT haircut
    Posted: February 17 2005 at 9:57am
Mia Kirshner has cut her hair very short for her role on Showtime's "The L Word"!

I like it, although it is a bit severe. This look has more style than how she used to wear her hair, which was long, straight, and usually pulled back or put up. I believe they have written the cut into the show and it will be interesting to see if they show the cut during one of the episodes. One of the other cast members play a hairdresser, and Mia plays a woman who "discovers" her affinity for women. Here is a link:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=CLB&str=2959&styp=clbi&nm=Mia+Kirshner&nbc1=1
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 2:52pm
For those like myself, who are disappointed Mia cut her hair short...

http://www.razormagazine.com/viewer_test.php/v2-02-mia-kirshner/v2-02-mia-kirshner08.html
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 3:24pm
thats DEPRESSING she was soooo friggin hot with long hair and now she is sooo friggin NOT
AND YOU ALL KNOW I LOOOOOVE SHORT HAIRCUTS BUT THIS IS A BIG THUMBS DOWN!!!!!!!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 5:09pm
She looks fantastic in her short hairdo!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 6:12pm
One thing I will say is that the haircut makes her look like she is 14....
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 6:21pm
Big time upgrade. I am a fan.
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 7:32pm
I like her short 'do.

I like the pearls she is wearing too.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 9:06pm
First thought on the short do: Wow. Cute.

The long hair: Very hot. Looks difficult to do on a regular basis.

Katherine Moennig plays a hairdresser on the show. They gave her a funky short 'do last year. Mia plays a straight girl who starts experimenting. I wonder how they'll incorporate her new do.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 9:09pm
Hmmm. The short look is cute. The long was really hot.

This particular style though lacks punch, I think... it's almost like she had it really short and funky, but it's grown out a little since then.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 9:19pm
Looking through the Web, Mia had some real hot long hair. But a girl has a right to change and I'm betting the short hair will look very hot on her too.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 1:24pm
What a beautiful woman long or short... Never heard of her before...
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 8:54am
On last night's episode of "The L Word," Jenny and Shane's new roommate told Jenny that if he ran into her in a bar he'd assume she was straight. But he knew Shane and their friends were gay because of the hair.

Jenny is a big tease to both women and men and she's been non-committal about her sexuality. So later, Jenny asks Shane to cut her hair short saying she needs to make a change. They start the cut at the end of the episode but the cut is not finished. It ends with Shane apparently cutting Jenny's ponytail off. That sequence is very similar to the one used on "Felicity" with Keri Russell.

I'm sure some women have done just this to show they are lesbians, but if this is Jenny's commitment to being a lesbian, it's awfully on the nose. "See! I'm a lesbian. I have short hair."

It also doesn't seem to fit with Jenny's character. Of all the characters on the show, Jenny seems to be the one least secure with being a lesbian. She stood out as someone who was young and experimenting. There probably are many young women who do just that and are unsure. Are the producers saying gay is gay and straight is straight? There's no ambiguity?

The new haircut will be revealed next week.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 11:18am
I really hate the stereotype. I do understand that some gay people feel the need to express their sexuality through image but its somewhat insulting both to short haired women and lesbians that there's any actual correlation between the two, much less a "mandatory" gay look.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 2:10pm
I think Mia looks pretty good short. Maybe not better, but nice. I don't believe her long hair was styled particularly well. BTW, I have been trying to convince a lesbian friend to grow out her hair. The short doesn't do a thing for her, and she used to wear it extremely long years ago. Who knows? Bob
Native View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 4:16pm
"I really hate the stereotype. I do understand that some gay people feel the need to express their sexuality through image but its somewhat insulting both to short haired women and lesbians that there's any actual correlation between the two, much less a "mandatory" gay look."

The show is making a statement about that stereotype, though, rather than perpetuating it. The character makes a point of her ambiguous sexuality, and only makes the cut after someone points that out to her, which seems to be more about the character's ideas.

Plus, most of the cast has medium to long hair.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 7:44am
I like it longer. Oh well looks like I'm going to have to wait for it to gorw back if she dose.  Native I said once. About another actress. But she kept her hair long. I can't see why they had to change her look unless for rateing?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 9:26pm
I saw the results of Mia's cut on last night's episode.
The long hair was great, but this cut is very cute. I
never realized how petite Mia was until I saw her with
the short cut.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic