Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So it's the Oscars today...any hair surprises?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Desmond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So it's the Oscars today...any hair surprises?
    Posted: February 27 2005 at 2:13pm
It's not long to go now and I wonder if there will be any new hairstyles on the various actresses. Anyway I'm sure we will soon find out and feel free to make predictions etc. :)
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 3:24pm
I have a feeling there won't be too many changes we don't already know about (ie. Rachel Weisz). But maybe that's just the disappointment of no big surprises for a few years running speaking.

(That said, I think I saw Laura Linney with some nice layers in her usually one-length hair at the Spirit awards yesterday.)
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 7:17pm
Cate Blanchett - Classy

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/050228/ids_photos_en/r2198089363.jpg&e=2&ncid=707

There were a bunch of long, straight, and well, long and straight.

Gwyneth Paltrow

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/050228/482/ny19202280112&e=4&ncid=707

Halle Berry

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/050228/ids_photos_en/r826375481.jpg&e=8&ncid=707

Natalie Portman

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/050228/ids_photos_en/r2669215474.jpg&e=14&ncid=707

Laura Linney

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/050228/ids_photos_en/r4102552341.jpg&e=3&ncid=707

A lot of updos out there, but one surprise: Kirsten Dunst took out the extensions and went back to the bob she briefly spored before going pixie.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/050228/482/kdk17302280048&e=8&ncid=707

A little too platinum for my tastes, but the style looks attractive on her. Considering the number of times her hair has looked awful, that's a good compliment.
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 7:37pm
I liked Kirsten Dunst and Charlize Theron's bobs
I also really liked Hallie Berry with long hair albeit the announcers on the red carpet claim its not her own, but she looks incredible.
I know there are short hair Haille fans but I think she looks even better with long hair.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 8:13pm
I thought the woman who were on stage during the costume awards when Pierce Bronson had interesting styles.
One woman had a very angled brunette bob and Sandy Powell who won for Best costume design, had a really attractive short red style, with a beatifully shaped short nape.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by ConanOBrien ConanOBrien wrote:

I also really liked Hallie Berry with long hair albeit the announcers on the red carpet claim its not her own, but she looks incredible.

I totally agree with you. I thought she looked incredible (and I'm one of those Halle-short hair fans), and for the commentators to insist it was fake was just... bleh. I mean, maybe some of it is... but she's been frowing it out since 2002 or so... That's a pretty darn long time!
bmx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 10:03pm
Kate Winslet:

bmx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 10:09pm
bmx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 10:21pm
bmx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 10:29pm
bmx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 10:42pm
bmx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 10:46pm
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 2:35am
Originally posted by bmx bmx wrote:

Maggie Gyllenhaal:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050228/capt.kdk35702280350.oscars_kdk357.jpg

Looks like Maggie's brother Jake Gyllenhall shaved his head in that pic there.
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:08am
Imo,
The Good:
Gwyneth,Halle, Kate W, Laura Linney,Catalina Moreno, HillaryS, Kirsten D(love the cut, not as sold on the color), and Oprah
The Bad:
ReneeZ(lighten up already...she looks like a porcelain doll, and not in a positive way), and Melanie Griffith(I like her better long'ish, but that style was a bit dated for my taste).
The Ugly:
Scarlett J...what on earth was she thinking. Big Dissapointment. My prediction to friends for probable best Oscar 'do was her, and I felt she looked the worst. I mean, how could anyone sell her on those bangs?
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:26am
Hi Hi:

Way to many movie star's (Female), with short hair.

Hally Barry's hair looked great.

Susan
Susan
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:54am
Melanie Griffith should NOT wear long hair, I felt she looked bad.

Kate Winslet, on the other hand, looked incredible.

Rene Zellwegner should ditch the dark hair, Charlize Theron looks better, but still needs to be blonde. On the other hand, Drew Barrymore looked wonderful as a brunette last night.
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 9:17pm
My Top 10:

1. Gwyneth Paltrow. Just lovely.
2. Beyonce Knowles. Beautiful throughout, but especially when she sang with Josh whatshisname.
3. Laura Linney. I heard one woman slam the "slicked back" look, but I thought she looked hot.
4. Sandy Powell. Had the best short hair of the night.
5. Emily Rossum. Had the best updo of the night.
6. Valli O'Reilly. Long and luscious.
7. Salma Hayek. I've hated her sideswept bangs. They changed directions and she looked fantastic.
8. Drew Barrymore. She looked very rich.
9. Hillary S w a n k. Although I would have prefered her hair down, I thought she looked pretty neat.
10. Barbra Streisand. The old gal still has nice hair.

Bottom 4 (with 1 being the worst):
1. Kirsten Dunst. I recently stumbled on photos of her with long hair -- and she looked fantastic. Which made her short style look extra crappy, to me at least.
2. Renee Zellwegger. She hasn't done much for me since Jerry McGuire. Same with her hair.
3. Halle Berry. I know her long hair is getting raves from some, but she needs some curls. Otherwise it looks just like it is: fake.
4. Penelope Cruz. Her hair is too beautiful to wear like that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic