Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Formal Disaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MarieA View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarieA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas Formal Disaster
    Posted: January 09 2000 at 3:22pm
I have been dating this really great guy & his fraternity has a big Christmas bash every year at a local hotel. I know I should have done the research and worked on my hair in advance but I kept putting it off. My hair is medium to dark brown, thick and below my shoulders. I had decided to do a classic French Twist decorated with tiny magnetic jewels along the seam with long tendrils in the front. I have bangs which I decided would look great "fuller". As the dance approached I got more antsy about looking really fab. So the morning of the dance my best friend convinced me to highlight my hair around the crown and the tendrils. I had never done this before so I decided to just comb in some hydrogen peroxide and lighten it up that way. BAD MOVE. My tendrils turned ORANGE and my crown looked sort of red. My hair looked absolutely horrible.

I still had time to fix it but unfortunately ALL the stylists were booked up for Christmas parties and formals. My stylist took pity on me and told me to apply a dark shade of semi-permanent hair color. I made a dash to a drug store and picked up some Clairol Castings in a color that I thought would look good. It actually made my hair turn a lot darker than it is normally. But it did cover the horrible orange and red.

I guess I learned my lesson. I had a major heartattack all day getting ready for that Christmas Formal. It did end well, my boyfriend thought my French Twist looked great and he gave me a gorgeous diamond pendant necklace to wear with my dress.

I hope I can help just one person avoid the hair trauma I had.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic