Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inky-do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Barb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inky-do
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
Hi,Just had to tell this story...my teenage daughters enjoy telling it to everyone else they meet!Last year, my husband and I were remodeling our den. We ripped out the ugly, old paneling that we inherited when we bought the house, and installed dry wall. Well, I was in charge of measuring and cutting. I couldn`t find a pencil with a point, so I grabbed a pen. I would draw the lines and then cut. I stuck the pen up in my hair so I wouldn`t lose it. When I reached up to get it, something didn`t feel quite right....Yup, you guessed it! The tip of the pen had broken off and all of the ink drained out into my hair! I ran screaming for the bathroom with my husband right behind me...he thought I sliced off my finger with the box cutter. That I knew how to fix...blue hair was another matter. He shrieked with laughter which brought my teenage daughters on the run. When they saw what happened and saw me sitting on the bathroom floor screaming, they too, joined in with their Dad who was howling with tears running down his face by now. I didn`t think it was funny and begged for help. What to do? How was I going to get out of this? It was late Saturday afternoon...no salon was still open anywhere!!! Then I remembered reading that hairspray removed ink pen from clothing...why not from hair? Off my daughters went to the nearby drugstore to buy up their supply of RAVE hairspray. I poured half a bottle at a time on the spot and washed. Then I repeated this 8 more times until the water stopped turning blue every time I stuck my head under the faucet. It took a long time, but I finally got it out. My daughters will never forget this and tell every new person we meet about the day their mom had blue hair!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic