Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

flour paste in hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mitzi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flour paste in hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
My daughter has beautiful although frizzy hair. We decided to try a home remedy that I found in a beauty book checked out from the local library. It called for mixing a cup of flour with a cup of water and applying this to the hair, let it sit for 20 minutes, then rinse out & shampoo. Supposed to do away with frizz. Well, we mixed up the stuff and put it on, but when it came time to rinse it out, it turned into little pieces of dough stuck all in her hair. It's sticky like pizza crust dough. So far we've tried loading it with conditioner (didn't work), pouring Wesson oil on it (didn't work) and now, at 1 in the morning we've decided to let it dry and try some more tomorrow. Does anyone have an idea on how to get this mess out? We would be so grateful.
Erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
Hey HomiesSorry to hear about your mishap, maybe its suppose to do away with friz because you have to cut it all out! that would get away the friz wouldn't it! Well sorry, just had to say it. If you wanted to get the frizz out (I have frizzy hair too sometimes in the heat) I condition it, deeply. Go to bodyshop and get this brazilnut stuff, its like heaven, the smell! OOH! Or get 'frizz ease' from the drug store if you like. In order to get this shit out, Ir eally reccomend maybe trying to brush it out when it dries, might break some of the hairs, but eh, better than cuttin it eh? Just condition it afterwards, let me know how it turns out!Kutos!Erin
Princesita4u View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princesita4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2002 at 10:16am
Hi,

Sorry to hear about this awful recipe. Just wanted to let you know that about 20 years ago I tried the same recipe from some magazine article. The same thing happened to me. I cried in the shower for hours trying to get this stuff out of my hair. The whole time my mother was screaming, "Cut the water off!!!" It will come out eventually. Maybe try some peanut butter in a small section of her hair to see if it helps. It is supposed to get gum out. It may help with the flour too. As far as frizzy hair is concerned I would like to recommend this book to you that I bought regarding frizzy hair. It is called "Curly Girl" and it is by Lorraine Massey. It discussed frizzy hair and describes how to turn them into curls. There are lots of before, during and after pictures in the book also and the book only costs $9.95. It is worth it to read. I highly recommend it. Let me know if it works!!! Princesita4u2001@yahoo.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic