Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accidental hair cut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kricket (Canada) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kricket (Canada) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:13pm
Hello everyone,Wow.....about the Troll Alert Message.......But I am continuing one with a NEw Thread..ITS Time.lolWell I noticed a month or so ago ....How Long my hair was getting when............my daughter was not around to help me braid my hair....lolI could not get to the end of my hair without any help and my daughter was at school.....so as I was braiding my hair....I need help to get to the end and I laughed when I figured out how to do it on my own.......LOLI had to wrap my braid on a door knob....so I could Braid the last half that was left.LoLI laughed on that one.......heheITS Getting Long!lolWell thats just a new thread I wanted to start.Anyone else had to do this...>>?lolKricket Crowehttp://mypage.goplay.com/KricketCrowe/Different link then the one below......the one below is the new site that I built for just my hair and the hair lovers that have emailed me for more.SmileHope all had a great Halloween!KCRelated Link:My New Hair Site.....
Bonnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:13pm
Please, could everyone interested in continuing the debate exchange email addresses and do so in private before this board is shut down by continuing assaults and bickering as has apparantly happened with Hair Politics?There are so few quality boards online that the loss of any of them is a loss to all of us.No flames please, I would just like to see this board get back to a fun and friendly place to visit.Just my two cents worth,Bonnie> Frank,> It was Tom, under the additional aliases of Natty and> Vera, who seemed to me to be the one trying to> "stir things up."> And I am sensitive to people being dishonest and> deceitful.> While it appears to be possible to enter the HB's> discussion boards without seeing the page which states> each board's intended purpose, that doesn't absolve> posters of their responsibility to adhere to the> board's guidelines.> Maybe, maybe not. The last part of the last sentence> is somewhat ambiguous, so fictional stories might be> permitted under the guidelines.> That said, I can conceive of only two reasons why Tom> might have posted his stories on this board. Either> (1) he wanted to share his thoughts with like-minded> individuals who would similarly "enjoy"> them, or (2) he wanted to mislead and disturb others> by presenting his lurid stories as being factual. Had> he at least labelled his stories as being> fiction, I doubt that that would have prevented those> in group (1) from "enjoying" his stories any> less, and it would help alleviated any potential angst> among those in group (2) since they would have known> that the story was just fiction. The fact that Tom has> posted under multiple pseudonyms lends credence to the> likelihood that his motive was to shock and deceive.> And since he has never stated that his lurid stories> are fictitious, it seems clear that he intends to> deceive as well.> That was not the purpose for my having declared a> "troll alert." I've previously explained why> I raised the troll alert, so I won't repeat it again> here.> But it is a hoax if the fiction is presented with the> intent to trick others into its believability. Note> that Tom never isssued a disclaimer that his stories> were fiction, nor did he ever inform those, who posted> with earnest responses, that his stories were false.> When people wrote in sympathy to Vera and Natty, whose> identities and experiences were purely a fiction in> Tom's mind, and Tom failed to ever disclaim their> fictional nature, Tom manipulated those very people> who responded in sympathy.> But I'm not convinced that fictional stories are> allowed. The board was conceived as a place to share> truthful stories about "what happened to your> hair to how you dealth [sic] with it..." From its> inception until fairly recently, the stories posted> were sincere.> While you needn't have shared all of this, I wonder> then why you have given your name previously as> "sanders" when that name could possibly> contribute to your getting "in trouble?" (No> response requested.)> The issue here isn't privacy. I don't care to know> Tom's real first name, or his last name, or his e-mail> address, or his place of residence, etc. I think Tom> is abusing the ability to post under multiple names as> part of his plan of deception.> Because as I stated earlier, I am sensitive to> dishonesty, and so it is a privilege to be an advocate> for those who post here in a sincere manner, so that> they can be assured (in this instance, at least) that> what they read as coming from multiple pseudonyms are> in fact coming from one person, and I feel that this> is especially important given the fictional and lurid> nature of Tom's posts.> I am neither a politician nor a lawyer. But if I were> truly good at debating, I would have satisfactorily> answered your concerns before now. Right?> That's fine for you, and in other circumstances I> might agree, but the overriding factor here is the> circumstances surrounding Tom's posting. Had Tom> posted his stories in a forum which very clearly> invited such stories, it would then clearly be within> the bounds of such forum. But the only clearly-defined> purpose of Hair Boutique's Hair Bloopers board is as a> place to discuss factual stories.> Had Tom posted a series of factual stories under> multiple handles, then I would have had no interest in> "outing" his singular identity. Had Tom> posted his fictional stories under a singular handle,> then "outing" him would probably not have> been an issue. But given the multitude of hoaxes under> different pseudonyms, it reeks of a conscious agenda> on Tom's part to deceive.> No, that was not my intent. I had quoted> "well-known" because it was your allegation,> the truth of which cannot be known to me as I don't> know about whom you speak. I'm acknowledging your> claim as being truthful without my knowledge that it> is. My Dutch colleague, Johannes, might know of those> authors, but now I'm straying from the issue. :-)> But Natty was deceitful because (1) Natty isn't Natty.> Natty is Tom. Unless, of course, the name> "Tom" is yet another pseudonym for "the> one who posted multiple fictitious and lurid> stories," and (2) because he wanted others to> believe his stories.> Interesting, given that you earlier said, "I did> react because I am sensitive to people telling others> how to behave." Likewise, I have difficulty with> your suggestion that I silently accept Tom's actions> here.> As I said, I am well aware that three does not a> significant sample make. I didn't expect you to accept> those 3 voices as conclusive proof. That's why I> suggested a poll, and what I was thinking of at the> time I made that suggestion was an on-line poll within> this discussion forum.> The stated purpose of this board leaves open (what> seems to be) a very small window for that which is not> a factual hair accident. Is it a place for people to> post fictional stories -- under one handle? Maybe. Is> it a place for a person to post fictional -- and lurid> -- stories, under multiple handles, and never admit to> the fictional nature of their stories (or their> identity) even after others have posted in earnest> with the belief that the stories were true? No Frank,> I don't believe so. This is a Hair Bloopers board, not> a Haircut Fetish Story board.> The concept of honesty. Tom/Vera/Natty has been> persistently dishonest.> I'm concerned about his lack of honesty, integrity,> and forthrightness. Dishonesty may be not be> specifically prohibited here, but who wants to> frequent a board where dishonesty abounds, where> people are left to wonder what they read is real or> fake, and end up questioning and possibly even> doubting the honest recountings of actual hair> accidents?> Dave
Bonnie
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:13pm
> Please, could everyone interested in continuing the> debate exchange email addresses and do so in private> before this board is shut down by continuing assaults> and bickering as has apparantly happened with Hair> Politics?> There are so few quality boards online that the loss> of any of them is a loss to all of us.> No flames please, I would just like to see this board> get back to a fun and friendly place to visit.> Just my two cents worth,> Bonniei agree Bonnie
sanders View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:13pm
> Please, could everyone interested in continuing the> debate exchange email addresses and do so in private> before this board is shut down by continuing assaults> and bickering as has apparantly happened with Hair> Politics?>Point taken.Frank
@@@@@ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @@@@@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2002 at 7:06pm
> Before you read my response, please know that I was> not responding to "stirr things up". I am a> decent guy and I respect the policies of any> board/board owner.Frank,It was Tom, under the additional aliases of Natty and Vera, who seemed to me to be the one trying to "stir things up."> I did react because I am sensitive to people telling> others how to behave, to net.police.And I am sensitive to people being dishonest and deceitful.> First of all, you will have to follow the `Hair Talk`> link before you get to the `Hair Bloopers` to find> this message. It is very easy to miss this statement.While it appears to be possible to enter the HB`s discussion boards without seeing the page which states each board`s intended purpose, that doesn`t absolve posters of their responsibility to adhere to the board`s guidelines.> But even then, it is not a unambigious statement, is> it? It refers to `funny hair stories` and also to> `related topics`. For me, fictional stories count as> related topics, even if they`re not labeled such.Maybe, maybe not. The last part of the last sentence is somewhat ambiguous, so fictional stories might be permitted under the guidelines.That said, I can conceive of only two reasons why Tom might have posted his stories on this board. Either (1) he wanted to share his thoughts with like-minded individuals who would similarly "enjoy" them, or (2) he wanted to mislead and disturb others by presenting his lurid stories as being factual. Had he at least labelled his stories as beingfiction, I doubt that that would have prevented those in group (1) from "enjoying" his stories any less, and it would help alleviated any potential angst among those in group (2) since they would have known that the story was just fiction. The fact that Tom has posted under multiple pseudonyms lends credence to the likelihood that his motive was to shock and deceive. And since he has never stated that his lurid stories are fictitious, it seems clear that he intends to deceive as well.> I understand your position, but yelling "Troll> Alert" is usually not interpreted as a suggestion> for courtesy.That was not the purpose for my having declared a "troll alert." I`ve previously explained why I raised the troll alert, so I won`t repeat it again here.> It is not a hoax if you think fictional stories are> allowed.But it is a hoax if the fiction is presented with the intent to trick others into its believability. Note that Tom never isssued a disclaimer that his stories were fiction, nor did he ever inform those, who posted with earnest responses, that his stories were false. When people wrote in sympathy to Vera and Natty, whose identities and experiences were purely a fiction in Tom`s mind, and Tom failed to ever disclaim their fictional nature, Tom manipulated those very people who responded in sympathy.> They do not cheapen the spirit of this board, if> you`re convinced fictional stories are allowed.But I`m not convinced that fictional stories are allowed. The board was conceived as a place to share truthful stories about "what happened to your hair to how you dealth [sic] with it..." From its inception until fairly recently, the stories posted were sincere.> Because I am sensitive to privacy matters. I use a> handle:> "sanders" is not my real name (Frank is,> btw). It is a way for me to escape the restrictions of> my social environment.> I might get into trouble if the wrong people connect> sanders to my person. (Even if I have not done> anything unlawful).While you needn`t have shared all of this, I wonder then why you have given your name previously as "sanders" when that name could possibly contribute to your getting "in trouble?" (No response requested.)The issue here isn`t privacy. I don`t care to know Tom`s real first name, or his last name, or his e-mail address, or his place of residence, etc. I think Tom is abusing the ability to post under multiple names as part of his plan of deception.> Others might have other reasons. Who are you to> disclose them?Because as I stated earlier, I am sensitive to dishonesty, and so it is a privilege to be an advocate for those who post here in a sincere manner, so that they can be assured (in this instance, at least) that what they read as coming from multiple pseudonyms are in fact coming from one person, and I feel that this is especially important given the fictional and lurid nature of Tom`s posts.> Your debating techniques are good. Are you a> politician or a laywer?I am neither a politician nor a lawyer. But if I were truly good at debating, I would have satisfactorily answered your concerns before now. Right?> What I professed, i.e. that I know of well-known> authors who use multiple pseudonyms, does not imply I> approve outing of authors who use pseudonyms. For me,> that privilege is with the user of the pseudonym.That`s fine for you, and in other circumstances I might agree, but the overriding factor here is the circumstances surrounding Tom`s posting. Had Tom posted his stories in a forum which very clearly invited such stories, it would then clearly be within the bounds of such forum. But the only clearly-defined purpose of Hair Boutique`s Hair Bloopers board is as a place to discuss factual stories.Had Tom posted a series of factual stories under multiple handles, then I would have had no interest in "outing" his singular identity. Had Tom posted his fictional stories under a singular handle, then "outing" him would probably not have been an issue. But given the multitude of hoaxes under different pseudonyms, it reeks of a conscious agenda on Tom`s part to deceive.> Furthermore, with the use of the double quotes around> the word `well-known`, you seem to want to suggest> that my sources are doubtful. I am quite happy to name> a few respected authors. But I wonder whether those> Dutch writers would ring a bell. Besides, it would> distract the discussion from the issue at hand> (perhaps that is what you`re after?).No, that was not my intent. I had quoted "well-known" because it was your allegation, the truth of which cannot be known to me as I don`t know about whom you speak. I`m acknowledging your claim as being truthful without my knowledge that it is. My Dutch colleague, Johannes, might know of those authors, but now I`m straying from the issue. :-)> You turn the argument around. I don`t regard Natty as> deceitful (remember: multiple handles are not> disallowed).But Natty was deceitful because (1) Natty isn`t Natty. Natty is Tom. Unless, of course, the name "Tom" is yet another pseudonym for "the one who posted multiple fictitious and lurid stories," and (2) because he wanted others to believe his stories.> So: yes you should accept, regardless whether you> think Natty is a coward or not.Interesting, given that you earlier said, "I did react because I am sensitive to people telling others how to behave." Likewise, I have difficulty with your suggestion that I silently accept Tom`s actions here.> Two??> You and two other people makes three. Me, plus Natty> and JT also make three. That is far from a> statistically significant sample. It is discussion> trickery.> I don`t wish to conduct a poll, I wish you to use> arguments that stand up.As I said, I am well aware that three does not a significant sample make. I didn`t expect you to accept those 3 voices as conclusive proof. That`s why I suggested a poll, and what I was thinking of at the time I made that suggestion was an on-line poll within this discussion forum.> I agree and if the owner of the board wants this, I> think he/she should make this clear. It was not, and> therefor I think you`re stepping the line with> imposing your views onto others.The stated purpose of this board leaves open (what seems to be) a very small window for that which is not a factual hair accident. Is it a place for people to post fictional stories -- under one handle? Maybe. Is it a place for a person to post fictional -- and lurid -- stories, under multiple handles, and never admit to the fictional nature of their stories (or their identity) even after others have posted in earnest with the belief that the stories were true? No Frank, I don`t believe so. This is a Hair Bloopers board, not a Haircut Fetish Story board.> Again, which concept?The concept of honesty. Tom/Vera/Natty has been persistently dishonest.> Your concerns are not backed up by the policy as> expressed by the board owner; nor for the aspect of> the multiple pseudonyms nor for the aspect of the> fictional nature of the story.I`m concerned about his lack of honesty, integrity, and forthrightness. Dishonesty may be not be specifically prohibited here, but who wants to frequent a board where dishonesty abounds, where people are left to wonder what they read is real or fake, and end up questioning and possibly even doubting the honest recountings of actual hair accidents?Dave
GingerRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2002 at 10:29am
I couldn`t even read all your post ..I just can`t believe how much time and effort you spent responding to that fake post...who cares????
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2002 at 6:21am
No matter where you go, there are always going to be people who make up stories and such. I don`t normally come to the bloopers side, I try to stick to the long hair support part.
I found the original story quite amusing, whether it be fake or not. I always seem to have bad luck with things, and I was thinking, wow someone else does too!
TINY View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TINY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2002 at 11:25pm
DON`T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COMPLAIN ABOUT A TRUE/UN-TRUE STORY? GIVE US ALL A BREAK! PLEASE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic