Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Must shave due to destructive haircut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2000 at 2:38am
I have had that much growth in my bangs, which is what she basically left me with. From my ears back, my hair was basically removed in order for this idiot to get a few curls in my crown area to look like the photo I brought her of the way my hair had been styled about 7 years ago. It was at that time styled into a short shag. She couldn't see the back of my hair in the photo so she must have thought I had no back . She literally brought my whole head of hair to a point with wings. She removed the hair from the very back of my occipital bone by razoring it off at the base of my skull and up into little pieces. and somehow removing whatever exeess hair that got in her way. I have only had these made up bangs for 3 years. I finally cut them off about a week ago which was a relief as I have been living with hair in my face for 3 years. All I can say is that after she began cutting she said "Gee, you don't have enough hair for this style " and "Oh, your hair doesn't curl on the left side, does it? But that doesn't matter, you are more worried about style than curl anyway, aren't you?" Then she told me I shouldn't get my hair cut for at least a few months. I would rather be bald than to have this freakish style that won't and can't grow out of itself. I am just frightened that my hair will grow back the same way, but I guess that is impossible. I hope it is impossible.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2000 at 2:24am
Well, bald can be beautiful, though I quite understand that you would prefer it to be by choice. You are aware, are you, that legal action can be taken if your hair is messed up irrepairably. Might be worth seeing a solicitor, if only to ensure no one else gets "the chop!"
phil
RBUZZ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBUZZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2000 at 8:59pm
Although I have never had a haircut as bad as yours I have had my share. right now I'm in the process of growing one out. My questions is, why after 3 years has your hair not grown out? Hair grows approximately 6 inches a year which would of given you about 18 inches of growth.
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2000 at 7:46pm
It has now been 3 years of waiting to get up the nerve to shave. I am 49 y/o woman who has had a haircut from hell. My whole left side, my crown and back was completely removed and razored off in order to copy a photo of how my hair had been styled in the past. I had a short shag about 7 years ago utilizing my own natural wave and curl. My hair had been short for about 10 years. This bimbo so called "stylist" I mistakingly found in the yellow pages Looked at the photo I brought her and proceeded to cut my hair saying I know just what you need. She went to the back of my skull and I felt a snip. I said "what are you doing"? She answered "Oh, with that cut you can start anywhere on the head". After cutting she said oh, you don't have curly hair on that side and you don't have enough hair to cover your head but I will make your hair curl anyway. You are more interested in style than curl anyway, aren't you? An incredible fear ran through me at the moment she cut I knew I should have run but I just wanted to believe she knew what she was doing. She then handed my the blowdryer and told me to go ahead and blowdry my hair the way I always did. She removed my whole crown and back and created little chopped up pieces of hair that were supposed to curl into a ball. There is no way my hair can grow out of this. I am basically left with just made up bangs. She left more than a whole in my crown. She basically tried to make it custom fit to my occipital. Will my hair ever know how to grow out of this. I believe I will just have to remain bald for life but I guess that will be better than having hair that does not fit your head. Has anyone ever had such a irreversible destructive haircut that could not in anyway grow out? I have been to many stylists since then and they could not understand what was going on with my hair. I even went to a dermatologist and was told that I don't have alopecia, just very fine and unruly hair. It is as though she cut the back of my head right off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic