Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color Disaster!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tammie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color Disaster!!!
    Posted: November 07 2000 at 5:34pm
3 weeks ago I had my hair professionally colored from dark blonde to dark brown/auburn. this past weekend I decided to darken it a little based on the color on the haircolor box - big mistake!!! It was Dark Orange and Purple Saturday. So, I decided I needed to go "darker" to cover up the orange - well it was jet black. Now, keep in mind I have now gone from blonde to jet black. I finally went to my hairdress Sunday, who basically told me there was nothing to be done but put some highlights in it. Well, I now have dark hair with "frosted" highlights.

Please help me - do I really have to keep this hideous color or is there another way to look more like my normal self besides buying a wig...?!!!
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2000 at 2:43pm
Hi Tammie:

Sounds as though you have a mess on your head! About the only thing that would work is to have some of that color removed from your hair. A good professional stylist will put color remover on and take out enough of the artificial color in your hair and then re-tint with the color that you want. Your hilights will probably be o.k. when everything is done and over except that when you shampoo they will lighten up some and probably look very pretty. One thing to always remember when you are experimenting with color is that using a tint over another tint cannot lighten it even though it says it is a lighter color. Only a lightener can remove tint from the hair, or a color remover. So anytime you add tint over tint over tint you only darken it. Hope you have some luck with the color remover if you choose to go this way. Please do this professionally as it is a very difficult task to do. Let me know how it works. Forest
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2000 at 2:46pm
Hi Tammie:

Sounds as though you have a mess on your head! About the only thing that would work is to have some of that color removed from your hair. A good professional stylist will put color remover on and take out enough of the artificial color in your hair and then re-tint with the color that you want. Your hilights will probably be o.k. when everything is done and over except that when you shampoo they will lighten up some and probably look very pretty. One thing to always remember when you are experimenting with color is that using a tint over another tint cannot lighten it even though it says it is a lighter color. Only a lightener can remove tint from the hair, or a color remover. So anytime you add tint over tint over tint you only darken it. Hope you have some luck with the color remover if you choose to go this way. Please do this professionally as it is a very difficult task to do. Let me know how it works. Forest
Pigsfly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pigsfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2000 at 9:04pm

Tammie,

The only thing that I can think of is to get your hair stripped.Try going to a different salon and ask if anyone is able to stip it for you.You might even try useing some " Sun In" or any citrus type of fruit. Just take,say an orange or a lemon, and squeese out all of the jiuce, put it into a boal and after shampooing your hair, add the juice while still wet. Then go out side and sit in the sun for about an hour or so.

Good luck,
Jenn

blondi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2000 at 11:46pm
Reply to message: 7.771.1
Hi Tammie
I`m a devestated natural blonde who is now rasberry black(read my post). Let me know...PLEASE how you solved this and what worked for you
blondiwannabe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic