Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why won`t my hair perm!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Julianna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why won`t my hair perm!!!
    Posted: February 19 2001 at 8:08pm
Okay, all my life I have wanted curly hair. I have shoulder length, stick straight hair that is very fine and thin. I am 15 and I had been contemplating getting a perm for a long time, so I finally decided to do it. I got my hair permed 2 weeks ago and I loved the way it turned out. Gradually, it lost most it`s curl, so the next week I went back and got it repermed with tighter curls. My hair stylist had to leave the solution on for the max. amt. of time- 25 minutes. It looked great when I left the salon, but as soon as I washed it, the front of my hair became completely straight, the back was way, and underneath it was tight curls. It`s been a little over a week sice I got my second perm, and my hair only has loose waves. Not even cute waves, these are uneven, big, floppy waves. I don`t want to get a relaxer, my hair has been chemically processed twice in the last 2 weeks! What did I do wrong?! How can I get my hair back to it`s natural straitness? I there any way I can make the grow out process shorter? Can ya`ll give me any tips on how to get my hair permed? I would still like to perm my hair in maybe a year or something. Thanks for listening!
Sarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2001 at 9:38am
Reply to message: 7.866.1
Hi, I know exactly what you mean. My aunt is a beautician and she said my hair had no inner protein. Whatever that means. You could try the hard to curl perm. It might work. Hope I helped!!
Sarah
Sarah Brooke
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2001 at 10:42am
Reply to message: 7.869.1
Sorry to read about your problem getting a perm to stay in your hair. You really should give it a rest after putting it through all of that. There are ways to get the look of a perm without the chemicals. One is Sleepers Hair Curlers (http://www.sleepershairrollers.com/), they are soft, come in different sizes, and produce terrific results. A similar product is Wrap, Snap, & Go! They too are soft rollers and QVC sells them. If you want more of a spiral look, try the Sassy Curler (www.eurotweezer.com/sassy.html). These all produce terrific curls without any putting your hair through a rough chemical process and if you don`t like it, YOU JUST SHAMPOO! Worth a try.
Merlin
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2001 at 5:51pm
Your hair is just like mine, and believe me, perms are NOT the answer. They just don`t work on fine hair most of the time. With luck, the worst that will happen to you is that you will be out a bunch of money. I once had my hair permed and then repermed because the curl didn`t "take." After about two weeks a lot of it broke off and I really looked horrible. I ended up with a really short cut and had to grow it all back out over the next year. My advice would be to use a lot of deep conditioning treatments and leave them on your hair for several hours since the second perm probably caused a lot of damage. I would also see another stylist pretty quickly to see what kind of advise they give you. Maybe with a new style and good blowdry your hair will look nice and thick. Good luck.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2001 at 5:03pm
You could try hot rollers or steam rollers until it grows out...
~*~*Lisa*~*~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic