Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dyed blond to dyed granny hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bad granny hair... View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Bad granny hair... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyed blond to dyed granny hair
    Posted: May 21 2001 at 2:07am
Until two weeks ago my hair was bleached white blonde. Decided to go to a very reputable colourist to go medium blonde (my natural colour is dark blonde). Anyway I had a red permenant filler applied and a light brown colour and I walked away with red copper tinged hair..I looked like one of those women who have dyed their white hair dark brown....anyway she tried to correct it a week later and it is now a medium brown purple....What can I do, or suggest she do? Is it possible to get to a medium or dark blonde with such red underneath? I`m inclinded to bleach it myself to drop it back to orange but my hair is in such bad condition. Please advise (my distrust for hairdressors has been enhanced. In 10 years of cutting and dying my own hair I have never had a disaster!).
Thanks.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2001 at 7:54pm
Try getting highlights. My daughter had a terrible time trying to get her dyed auburn hair back to her natural dark blonde (she too had been a bleached blond before going red). After several different procdures which gave it a flat brown color (with the odd purple tinge) we tried blond highlights. It looks terrific! The brown dye didn`t last but the slight red that is left looks wonderful mixed in with the highlights. Be careful though--it could really fry your hair. Be sure to use a lot of deep conditioning treatments before and after.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic