Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oh no!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laurs View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh no!
    Posted: July 04 2001 at 10:16am
I figured I`d perm my hair since after bleaching it about a year ago, it no longer had the same curl it used to. What have I done???? Although it`s been only a week, it feels like it`s been a lifetime - I want my hair back!!! I`m seriously at the point where I`m going to pay to have it "undone" or relaxed or whatever and chop it all off so that it won`t fall out. :( Help!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2001 at 7:35pm
I don`t understand. Did you recently bleach it or is the bleach a year old? And I gather you don`t like the way the perm turned out. Is it too curly, frizzy, did it damage your hair? In short, what did the perm do to your hair that you hate? And do you trust the stylist who did the perm? If it is a bad perm with a bad stylist, I would recommend seeing another one for a consult to see what is the best route to take. If you recently bleached it and then permed it, it could be fried to the point that relaxing would be very harmful. Cutting into a different style, especially if your hair is long enough, could actually change it so that you can enjoy your perm.

I once double permed my hair and had bad breakage, fallout problem. I ended up getting a modified pixie to fix it, but it looked pretty good with all the body the perm gave it and most of the damage was cut away. I was able to grow it back out relatively painfree.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Laurs View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2001 at 11:26pm
Reply to message: 7.1015.1
In answer to your questions - no, not recently bleached. The last time it was bleached was 12/99....the last time it was dyed normally was 2/01. I do trust the stylist who did my hair, she`s been cutting and playing with my hair for a few years (but this was the first attempt at any perm or anything like that). Right now I`m really just worried about the damage that has been inflicted on it - I never had split ends or anything less than great hair, and now, it just looks weird! Kinda frizzy too, not curly enough is the problem I think.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2001 at 2:54pm
If you trust your stylist you should be able go back and tell him/her that you are very unhappy and get suggestions for FREE correction(s) that will make you happy with your perm. Good luck and be very careful. It is easy to mess up with perms.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2001 at 5:06pm
Reply to message: 7.1014.1
Color and perming should never be mixed. Perms are more harsh chemicals than haircolor is. Your first mistake was to bleach your curly hair or perm your bleached hair. It will be a matter of time, but it will break off. No, you won`t go bald, but it will start coming off more in your combs and hair brushes. I would highly advise you to go to your hairdresser and get a good hair cut. I would then invest in good hair products. What you can do is sleep with your conditioner on the ends of your hair. Rinse it out the next moring. This alone can do wonders.

Good luck
:)
Laurs View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2001 at 9:16pm
Reply to message: 7.1042.1
Well...I don`t think you read what I wrote - my hair hadn`t been bleached for over a year and a half, nor dyed for 6 months. So....there was no reason to think anything like that would`ve affected my hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic