Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

home color addicts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: home color addicts
    Posted: July 08 2001 at 4:39pm
I am reading all of your complaints. I work at a top salon specializing in hair color. It amazes me how people don`t want to spend the money to get their hair done, yet will buy 5 boxes of hair color trying to correct their mistakes. Yet, they are so frustrated when they have fried their hair. Or better yet... I will have a client who has no problem spending $100 on hair color, yet will go to the local grocery store and purchase suave or pert for their choice of shampoo and have the nerve to complain that their hair is dry or has faded to quick. Hello???

I love what I do for a living. Do I rake in the bucks? No, but I love what I do and I can`t put a price tag on that. I had to write that one down for all of you that think we are trying to drain your pockets dry.

I have seen clients come in with green, purple and pink hair. (please note, these are not the end results they were looking for) The average individual has no idea what they are doing when they go to their local store and deside to purchase a box of ash blonde because their husbands want a fanasty blonde for the evening. If that is what your husbands want great, but then buy a wig for the night vs. ruining your hair. If you truely want the best results possible for your hair, call a salon and make a consultation appointment. They are generally at no cost. It will be worth your time.
Kimberlina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2001 at 9:58am
Firstly, I have to admit that generally speaking, I would DEFINITELY go to a hairdresser for colouring.

But lately, I have been running really low on cash, and when it costs me around AUS$50 just for six higlights, no cut, then I start to wonder. A couple of years ago I totally wrecked my hair and I had to pay $70 to have it fixed, but that was a one off. I have put in highlights in myself all this year, and they look pretty much the same as if a hairdresser did it. (Beware of the observant client....teehee.) Last week, I wanted a cook new look, so we dyed my hair dark brown (as opposed to my naturally dark blonde colour) and put fudge red streaks in. We being a good friend who is good with hair. It looked great, but I bit much, so I removed the colour a fair bit, and then dyed the whole thing dark brown. It looks really different and cool, and I payed a whole lot less than having it done in the salon.

But, again, maybe it`s not for everyone, I am 20, and I have been colouring my hair since I was 14, and watch hairdressers as they colour my hair.

It`s pretty funny to read the bloopers board though. But, still, hairdressers are not all good, my friend got white streaks on black hair because the hairdresser didn`t listen to what she wanted. She got really annoyed, and I think she got it fixed somewhere else.

Oh well.
Kim
From the one and only Kimberlina from Australia!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic