Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my hair bloopers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
longhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my hair bloopers
    Posted: July 14 2001 at 5:42pm
When I was abt 8 years old I had bangs, which I used to get cut every month at a nearby salon. There was this time when my mother was to busy to take me.. so I decided to do it myself!
I believe one of the worst things you can do to yourself (and to everyone who has to see you!) is to give yourself a haircut, especially when you are inexperienced, 8 years old & you are using the blunt kitchen scissors..

Lets just say I survived the humiliation and lived to tell the tale. ( I also incidentally let my bangs grow so tht I could comb them back)

Another disaster with my hair was the time when my very persuasive sister convinced me that I would look better with shoulder length hair.
She got through about quarter of my waist length hair till what she was doing finally dawned on me( hey call me slow.. but she was very persuasive) and I ran out of her room.
I didnt cut the rest of my hair that time. Instead I got a strange sort of a U-cut. Now my hair is even and a little lower than my waist. My sister explained how she sincerely thought I would look better. She now cuts her roommates hair for free .
Sutid blooper View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sutid blooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2001 at 10:32pm
Reply to message: 7.1056.1
Not Funny
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2001 at 10:05am
Reply to message: 7.1056.1
At least you had an excuse of being eight. I did the same stupid thing when I was fifteen. I used a sewing pair of scissors ( no problem cutting lol) and thought I could be more creative than a stylist. By the time I was finish my mother took one look at me and cried, screamed at me and quickly phoned her best friend that is a stylist for an emergency fix up. The stylist gave me a speech and half for over one hour as she tried very hard to save whatever lenght I had left. That year I had very short hair. I hated it because I really wanted a certain style and my mother was very willing to pay lots of money for that certain popular style but silly me ruined my chances. I had a very good mother in all. She always wanted a daughter with long hair and she does care about looks. She is the type that seems to have walk off a magazine cover with all her beautiful hair styles and clothes. One year she dyed her hair pink because she turned 60 and you know what. She is probably one of the few that could get away with it and still look great. I guess that is why I am so head strong about finding a good stylist and letting them do the job.
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic