Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lumpy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extensions
    Posted: July 26 2001 at 5:27pm
I have had hair extensions. Yes. I was warned so I chose good hair and had real hair put in, but it is a disaster. The colours do not match - that is fine, my hairdresser says she can fix it - but what I wasn`t prepared for was the lumps. I can`t take a comb, even a widetoothed one, through my hair which is now a tangled mess. All that happens is that I snag on the lumps. Is there something I can do, or do I just have to pay to get them out? Is this normal? When I researched picture of ladies with extensions their joins were`nt visible. Mine are so large they must be. Please someone help!
polka123 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polka123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2001 at 2:05am
I had the x-tensions sewn in & had a reaction to something in the "human hair" - had them taken out same day. I did some research on the net & found out they acid bath them to color.
maybe you should take them out. go to www.greatlengths.net
lots of good info
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 7:09pm
I just got mine 1 week ago, although they started coming out the day after they were put in. GRRR.
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 7:13pm
My "tracks" are large too. No way can I get a comb "through" them. The hair the "stylist" put in (like a mullet) was so thick it would take an hour to barely comb through it, and even then it was a mess. I paid buko bucks and now she says since she can`t get a sitter I will have to come to her house to get them fixed! Can you believe that?
Plus, she mentioned she`ll have the bonding glue. Should I even go? I don`t want something worse than what I already have.
PinkPoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 8:16pm
i know this is probably not at all what you want to do, but maybe you can have the stylist take the extensions, free of charge. i know it would be kinda like they were put in for nothing, but maybe that`s what you would rather do than have something worse happen? I`m not feeling very articulate today :-)
Kate

Hair: It can make you happy, it can make you sad, but mostly it just allows you to spend some quality time with your mirror. :-)
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2002 at 7:54pm
Thanks for the advice pinkpoodle. Salon not interested. They`ve offered to re-do it & use more bonding glue & tracks but I have to go to the womans` house to have it done cuz she can`t get a sitter. (:Major eye roll: ) Do I want this woman to try again with my hair? As it is right now I have a big glop of bonding glue on the left side of my scalp clumping hair together. I called the credit card co.l about disputing the charge. The csr I talked to said they see a lot of disputed charges with hair salons & that it rarely turns out for the consumer.
Lavonne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2002 at 10:22pm
Elgin Charles, in Beverly Hills does excellent Hair extensions.
Deborah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deborah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2002 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Lavonne Lavonne wrote:

Elgin Charles, in Beverly Hills does excellent Hair extensions.

I am thinking about getting hair extensions at EuroHair in Beverly Hills. The company seems very good. They use the best chemically unprocessed human hair from Russia or Poland. It is put on hand made wefts & attached using a very small link (zero glues or braids). The should last about 2 years. The cost was $6,500.00. What do you think. Any experiences or advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Deborah.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2002 at 8:48pm
6,500 bucks .. uhh no thanks

Extentions do nothing but ruin your hair... all that pulling and gluing.. please.... your hair is probably screaming no no no lol ....

I would never pay 300 bucks for extentions much less 6,500.. come on people.. get real!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2002 at 6:41pm
yer well i wud pay anything to look pretty

so, i dont know why u wudnt pay 6500bukz
or whatever it iz

anywayz, how short can u have ur hair for extensions sum1>?
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 7:11am
Liz_naz...This is just my humble opinion, but would you mind posting your messages in proper english.
I am having a difficult time reading them and think we probably all are. it makes it hard to respond to you.
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 10:01am
just because i had an opinion about what u posted
doesnt mean u should snap back at an critisize me
pleb
:|
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic