Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just now getting better

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ladykera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladykera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just now getting better
    Posted: August 05 2001 at 12:55pm
I left for college thia past August, and decided that I was going to be my own person adn do what I wanted... oh boy did this go wrong because I took my creativeness out on my hair. Before I left my hair was med. ash brown with natural highlights from wokring out in the sun (my hair lightens naturally really well), I though that looked odd, so I dyed it to one shade darker than my natural. By september I had long and lighter roots, so i thought I`d bleach my hair into a nicer color. Big mistake! :( I ended up with orange hair... so I used a color that was the same shade but a little more brown... it didn`t take. Then I rtied another shade darker, it didn`t take. I finally tried one shade darker than my natural color and it finally took, but I had done all this coloring in two days so my hair was wreaked! When it was wet, it streached and was elasticy... it felt like I was pulling on gum. So I went to my stylist and got the thickest conditioner i could find and left my hair to die in peace. I got regular trims and lef toff with the dyes. So now, a year later, I`ve got 8" of dark ash brown hair and five inches of coppery red hair. it looks odd, but I`m not touching any more chemicals to it and I refuse to get it cut.
I`ve learned the error of my ways though and have gotten good at bleaching and highlighting. I`ve done my mom`s, brother`s, and I even have an exboyfriend that will only let me do his highlights. :-D
-Kera
aka princess of the air force (they just don`t know it yet)
OnlyME15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyME15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2002 at 3:46pm
been there, done that, solution: colour your hair to your original colour,
a life without hair is no life at all
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2002 at 7:31am
wow Kera I didn`t know we have the SAME hair coloring issues! Those are exactly the colors my hair proudly sports now, although my hair is only a couple of inches past my shoulders. I`ve given up color altogether and I`ll only dye again when I go gray. :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic