Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I`m too red, please help me!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kirsty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I`m too red, please help me!!
    Posted: August 11 2001 at 1:43pm
hi

I have just coloured my hair from a blond to a brown coupe, but it didn`t turn out to be brown, it became red!! I really would like to be brown, but I don`t know what to do now!!
how can I get the red colour out of my hair and make my hair brown??

please help me!!!

kirsten
kirsty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2001 at 1:44pm
Reply to message: 7.1115.1
hai ff testen
kirsten
chamogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2001 at 5:48pm
alveda makes a color enchancing shampoo in clove you might try that aura also has about the same product but cheaper. Bumble and Bumble make a shampoo that is for brunettes that can`t stand any red in their hair but is sold in stores only. do a search and location. good luck
chamogirl
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2001 at 10:31pm
first thing, whatever you do, do not try to dye it back to blonde. since you dyed it a darker color then your normal color, trying to go lighter again will give you orange tones, and they usually come out bright orange. i would try washing it a few times, being that a lot of hair colors give off a red or bronze color until you wash it a few times, and then it fades out. what shade brown did you get? i have never heard of "coupe" if its more of a copper brown, then any copper dye has red in it, hence giving your naturally light hair, more of a red color. since your hair was blonde, and red will come right through. if you could tell us what the shade was, and what brand dye it was, maybe i could help you some more.
kaychelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaychelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2001 at 10:20pm
dont worry
the same incident happened to me. I had my hair dyed blonde by the professionals and then got sick of the upkeep and wanted to go back to my natural darkish brown shade. So as to not upset my hairdresser I snuck to another salon and asked to have y hair dyed a normal brown colour. 2 Hours later I walked out of the salon with absolutely bright red hair. I was so annoyed because not that i had a dislike to red ( some people even prefered the colour and was envious) but it wasnt what i had in my mind, plus i was sick of blonde upkeep styling.

To fix the problem (about 6 months later when i had enough money) I went back to my original salon (but was too emabarressed to go back to my original hairdresser) got my hair dyed back to brown. The hairdresser had to put 2 semi permanents in my hair which just covered the red.

1 year later and 2 brown dyes in between I still have brown hair (with addition of blonde foils) my hair still fades back to red and shine a reddish tone on the ends when out in the sun. AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic