Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Hair Is Horrible! Please Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Hair Is Horrible! Please Help!
    Posted: September 17 2001 at 4:17am
My hair is SO bad I feel suicidal. Seriously.
I used to have nice hair but now that I`ve turned 17 it has gotten wavy and VERY frizzy. It never looks or feels nice and it is what I can only describe as `boofy` andjust horrible. I hate my big hair and it looks bad especially because my hair is shoulder length. I grow it but then it goes crunchy, like KFC crispy strips. What do I do?
Any styles you can recommend?
mareeya View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mareeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2001 at 8:38pm
Hi catherine, Ive been in worse situations with my hair and i know how you feel. Try using Fizzee`s serum. It really does help with frizzy hair. and may tame it down a bit. Put it in your hair while its wet and comb it straight. than after you blow dry put more in to smooth it out. But whatever you do DONT CUT IT.. the longer it gets the less frizzy it will be....it will weigh itself down. Hope this helps.... mareeya
anton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2001 at 2:59pm
Reply to message: 7.1183.1
go for a short cut
KarenK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2001 at 9:44am
Catherine, I accidentaly put my message to you under a new thread.

See above, entitled"It`s ok!"
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2001 at 10:06am
Courage, Catherine. There are a number of things that you can do. 1. There is no need to go to a short cut. But do get your hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks. This will stop split ends from splitting up the hair shaft and causing hair to frizz out. 2. When blow drying, use a nozzle on your dryer to direct the heat down the hair shaft, smoothing it out, and a round brush with boar bristles to help straighten your hair. You should also apply a no-frizz product before styling (like Rene Furterer No Frizz Gel). You can also use rollers to smooth out the frizz. Use very large Velcro rollers and roll each section of hair up in them and then let it dry naturally. This method works well and is very gentle on your hair but it takes a little time. The rollers will also tend to curl up the ends of the hair slightly, but if that is not the look you desire you could use a round brush and blow dry them straight out. Finish off with a hair wax or polish to protect the hair and make it look shiny. 3. When letting hair dry naturally, don`t put your fingers through your hair until it is completely dry — especially on humid days. 4. Avoid washing and blow drying your hair every day, as this strips your hair of its natural oils. Hair that is naturally curly or frizzy usually lacks moisture, so it is important to use a quality hydrating shampoo and conditioner every second day. 5. Deep-condition your hair once a week with a hair mask. 6. Keep a frizz-control serum, such as John Frieda Frizz-Ease, with you for midday touch-ups. Pour a few drops into hands, then smooth over your hair for instant shine. Try some of the suggestions here and let us know how it turned out.
Merlin
Shery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2001 at 6:59pm
I have thick, wavy coarse hair that also tends to frizz, my advice listen to the post by mareeya. My hair is now long and the longer it gets the less frizz I have. Don`t get it cut short it will totally bush out. All the hair magazines I have read say the same thing-length weights it down which cuts down on the frizz.
Once i know who I`m not then I`ll know who i am. ~alanis morissette~
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2001 at 12:04am
Reply to message: 7.1264.1
Hey thanks for your help. I no longer blowdry my hair, I have found a pretty updo which suits my face.
I have started using PAUL MITCHELL, "The Conditioner"
and OH MY GOD! it is the best product I have ever used. My hair has NO friZZ and is really soft and shiny. YOU MUST TRY IT ANYONE WHO`S LISTENING! If it worked on me it will work on you, trust me.
Plus, my friend who`s Indian and has naturally coarse and REALLY frizzy hair now uses it and her hair is AMAZING! I mean, magazine-worthy.
I LOVE YOU JOHN PAUL MITCHELL!!!!
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2001 at 12:05am
Reply to message: 7.1264.1
Hey thanks for your help. I no longer blowdry my hair, I have found a pretty updo which suits my face.
I have started using PAUL MITCHELL, "The Conditioner"
and OH MY GOD! it is the best product I have ever used. My hair has NO friZZ and is really soft and shiny. YOU MUST TRY IT ANYONE WHO`S LISTENING! If it worked on me it will work on you, trust me.
Plus, my friend who`s Indian and has naturally coarse and REALLY frizzy hair now uses it and her hair is AMAZING! I mean, magazine-worthy.
I LOVE YOU JOHN PAUL MITCHELL!!!!
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2001 at 8:48pm
I`ve heard nothing but good about Quidad products
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2001 at 8:11am
Reply to message: 7.1268.1
Good for you, Catherine! I`m so glad you found a product that works well for you and you don`t have to cut your hair. Congratualtions!
Merlin
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2001 at 3:23am
Reply to message: 7.1276.1
Why thank you
gwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2001 at 9:16am
Reply to message: 7.1281.1
Catherine, it`s so great to hear a happy hair ending! Thanks for sharing! :-)
gwatt
Pam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2001 at 12:34pm
Hi there...don`t worry about frizz...you can fix it. Do you want curly hair or straight? Decide...and then go for it. First, make sure to condition it well so it doesn`t dry out. Then, to control frizz, try a nice product like KMS or Rusk ...they have good stuff, and put it in while your hair is wet, but not soaking. Distribute through hair, set it as you want...and then...DONT touch it. This will control frizz...as soon as pieces dry out...or you brush it or something...it`ll frizz like hell. But don`t be discouraged number one...you can ALWAYS have the hair you want...it just takes practice and technique! :)
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2001 at 5:26am
Reply to message: 7.1321.1
I just want to thank everyone for being so nice!
THANK YOU!
Luv Catherine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic