Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP...QUICK! Dirty BLAHHH BLONDE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP...QUICK! Dirty BLAHHH BLONDE
    Posted: May 27 2002 at 2:39am
I had a similar problem a couple of years ago- only a professional made it way too light. A terrible highlighting job left me with yellow-y hair that looked horrible. I went to another salon and had them put darker brown lowlights in. That made an amazing difference, although when the lowlights faded my hair turned a reddish color. Please, whatever you do, just go to a professional to fix the damage. I`ve tried to fix coloring mistakes on my own, and it rarely works. Good luck.
bethany View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bethany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2002 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by bge bge wrote:

I would say, yes, that's exactly what happened. You can't just throw a darker color on top of hair that has been lightened especially if it's been significantly lighten and all of the natural pigment has been removed.

Why did you choose such a light shade if you didn't want your hair a platinum blonde? If your hair is a med blonde as you say, you should be able to achieve a very nice natural shade of blonde using a 20 vol. colour, one that will lighten it a shade or two.

I'm not that familiar with Revlon haircolour, but if I were you, I would try using a light or a very light blonde shade, either neutral or with a gold tone, since you describe your hair as mousy and don't seem to like that.

Keep in mind of course that you've now coloured your hair twice, most if not all of the pigment has been removed, and this is definately going to affect your final result.

I would wait a while if I were you, and I would certainly call Revlon and ask their opinion.

did you ever think of putting lowlight`s in it after

you reached the maximum blonde so it would have a bit of a contrast.

good luck
bge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2002 at 3:14pm
I would say, yes, that`s exactly what happened. You can`t just throw a darker color on top of hair that has been lightened especially if it`s been significantly lighten and all of the natural pigment has been removed.

Why did you choose such a light shade if you didn`t want your hair a platinum blonde? If your hair is a med blonde as you say, you should be able to achieve a very nice natural shade of blonde using a 20 vol. colour, one that will lighten it a shade or two.

I`m not that familiar with Revlon haircolour, but if I were you, I would try using a light or a very light blonde shade, either neutral or with a gold tone, since you describe your hair as mousy and don`t seem to like that.

Keep in mind of course that you`ve now coloured your hair twice, most if not all of the pigment has been removed, and this is definately going to affect your final result.

I would wait a while if I were you, and I would certainly call Revlon and ask their opinion.

candydestiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candydestiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2001 at 1:49am
I don`t really have advice, but let me just say, I know how it is. I have dirty blounde hair too. I bleach blonde it once and it looked so bad. But eventually I got used to the color, and I can`t live w/o it. Hope ya find an answer to ur prob. TTYL.
ooopsie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooopsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2001 at 8:30am
Reply to message: 7.1190.1
Actually instead of a green inge, it`s more like a grey tinge.....my husband pointed that out!
ooopsie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooopsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2001 at 8:28am
Reply to message: 7.1194.1
quote:

ssjockey originally wrote:
Another suggestion, if you don't have the cash to go to a good salon to have it fixed is go to a beauty college, or if you live in or near a large metropolitan area (i.e. Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, New York) high end salons, like Vidal Sassoon, sometimes have apprentice night (once a week, a month, whatever), where new beatuicians just out of beauty school cut their teeth, so to speak, do work supervised by experts. The services on these nights are typically much lower than regular prices. I've heard of this practice, any haircutters out there can verify this?

Good luck

Thanks ssjockey! I live in CO.,and I know we have Vidal Sassoon salons around here, so I will venture that way and check it out. I guess that`s why I try these stupid at home hair colors because I am low on cash, but the flip side is the amount of $$ spent trying to fix the errors! I guess I am lucky, since this is truely my first "foo-pah". This color is liveable, just dull and drab and not a pretty blonde that I hoped for. Should have stayed with the platinum "cotton ball" look. Thanks for responding to my post. I really appreciate it!
ooopsie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooopsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2001 at 8:23am
Reply to message: 7.1193.1
quote:

lgp82 originally wrote:
The best thing would be to go to the salon and have it fixed. Or call the 800 # on the box and tell them what happen and ask them what you should do.
However, something like that happened to me before. I bought a semi- perm light red color (castings) and colored my hair with that. It was a little red for a few days, then it toned down and was blonde. No red. Red fades that quickest. Not sure if it will work for you, but you could try it. The worst that will happen is that you will ahve to get a haircut, right?

Thank You lgp82! I have heard that trick before on other posts in this message board. Maybe I will give that a try. The worst that can happen, like you said is I get it cut...I have very short hair anyways, so it won`t be that dramatic if I had to cut more off.....hee.hee. Thanks again for your advice and answwering so quickly!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2001 at 12:29am
Another suggestion, if you don`t have the cash to go to a good salon to have it fixed is go to a beauty college, or if you live in or near a large metropolitan area (i.e. Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, New York) high end salons, like Vidal Sassoon, sometimes have apprentice night (once a week, a month, whatever), where new beatuicians just out of beauty school cut their teeth, so to speak, do work supervised by experts. The services on these nights are typically much lower than regular prices. I`ve heard of this practice, any haircutters out there can verify this?

Good luck
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2001 at 6:38pm
The best thing would be to go to the salon and have it fixed. Or call the 800 # on the box and tell them what happen and ask them what you should do.
However, something like that happened to me before. I bought a semi- perm light red color (castings) and colored my hair with that. It was a little red for a few days, then it toned down and was blonde. No red. Red fades that quickest. Not sure if it will work for you, but you could try it. The worst that will happen is that you will ahve to get a haircut, right?
~*~*Lisa*~*~
ooopsie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooopsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2001 at 10:33am
Hi There,
I need help quick! I used a permanent hair color, Revlon High Dimension in the Ultra Baby Soft blonde color. The lightest in that brand. It certainly did what it was supposed to do and the color was pretty, BUT, I looked like a white cotton ball...NOT PRETTY! It was wayyyyyy to light, almost platinum. Anyways, I waited a week and re-colored with a same Revlon brand, but a Light Blonde color hoping it would just tone it down a little but still a light blonde color......WRONG! What I ended up with is a medium, mousy blonde with a almost green tinge to the shaft and the ends...the roots look ok. Is their anything I can do to correct this, perhaps with a toner product, or a semi-permanent.....ANYTHING. My natural hair color is a medium, mousy blonde color....not what I want. Did this happen because It was so light before that I didn`t have any gold or red natural tones in my hair? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic