Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

here we go again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bec3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bec3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: here we go again
    Posted: November 27 2001 at 10:21am
I had been trying to grow out my hair (from a short haircut) all summer, so I could get a nice hairstyle for the holidays. I finally had it where I wanted it last week, and decided to go for "just a trim" to make it look better before Thanksgiving. I went to the local beauty school here, as you can get a lot done for $5.00. I thought it turned out ok, but yesterday I noticed one side of my hair looked a little longer on one side. I got out my scissors, and thought I would just even things out on my own. I was not doing good, so called the school to see if I could come in for a "repair." They were closed, so I noticed a brand new hair salon across from us. I decided to see if I could get a repair there, and yes, I got in. I explained what had happened, (see below about lady) and asked If I could just get a "little" trimmed off the bottom... Oh no. here comes a razor.
She is trimming the sides of my hair with a razor!(electric)
That`s ok, maybe it will look ok. More hair falling off, I should have stopped her (my fault) I now have no hair (very short) above my ears or in the back. It is long on the top, which is good, as the bangs are still there!!!
I felt bad, as I the lady did not speak english, and her son was translating everything to her from me. She had just opened her new shop, and it was a good haircut, but I was just disappointed that I had such short hair- again. (this was all my fault, no one else)
I decided I will just wait it out, as my hair grows fast, but yesterday, I was thinking of asking for hair extensions for Christmas, instead of anything else, ha ha!!!
I learned a lesson not to try to cut my own hair!
If anyone has any suggetions as to how to make short hair grow faster, or any styling ideas, please let me know. I look like I am wearing a helmet.
(if you hair looks good already, don`t try and "fix" it, as you may end up with a bad hair month!!!) My hair looked really good yesterday morning, until later in the afternoon!
take care!!!

Bec3
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2001 at 3:40pm
Oh I sooooo relate...hang in there - and stop "fixing" it...g
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2001 at 8:58am
Reply to message: 7.1305.1
Avoid the cheap beauty school jobs. That`s a recipe for disaster
chey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2001 at 9:58pm
Suggestions:
1. massage you head every night (it gets the circulation flowing)
2. make sure its not too dry, or the hair will break.
Stephanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2001 at 2:33am
eek! that stinks :( but you learned a lesson, and your hair will gorw back as fast as it can :)
(i understand looking like a helmet-head... i can never grow my hair out because it invariably grows to a chin-length bob and looks so bad on me i cut it short and spiky again... i`m weak) anyway...
Best of luck in future hair adventures!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic