Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help, Cut bangs way too short!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nancy999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, Cut bangs way too short!!
    Posted: December 10 2001 at 11:07am
I always cut my own bangs and they look great! I cut them too short and look retarded. What can I do besides wait for them to grow. My hair is long and straight down to my bra line.
Michelle766 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2001 at 9:44pm
You could always cut a layer on top of the shorter bangs covering up your mistake. How short are your bangs now?
Nancy999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2001 at 8:30am
I dont get it. Why would I cut a layer on top of my bangs? I hate layering, my long fine hair is all one length - it makes it look thicker.
My bangs are about 1/2 inch above my eyebrows. I have a high forehead.
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2001 at 1:02pm
I think what he is saying is make more bangs on top of those. That way you have the length you want and it will suffice until those grow out....
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Nancy999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2001 at 2:02pm
O.K. I see - interesting idea but I cant spare the hair!
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2001 at 10:35pm
Reply to message: 7.1331.1
I don`t think you have any real option other than to wait until they grow out...sorry!
molkosmissus@talk21.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molkosmissus@talk21.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2001 at 3:31am
Reply to message: 7.1343.1
I had this problem ages ago and the only way to make it look ok is to clip the bangs (we call it fringe in the UK) back with a couple of butterfly clips- the ones you can hardly see, and arrange the rest of your hair around it- trust me- have a play about and it can end up looking better than before!
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2001 at 6:24pm
Don`t worry about it.

My fringe is cut 2 inches above the eyebrows and looks great.
thicko View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thicko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2002 at 7:03pm
The bangs may be too blunt, but don`t worry - you can probably make them look fantastic. Go to a stylist and tell him/her to re-cut them so they curl in just a tiny bit at the very ends. This is the best way to achieve the look. If people still think it looks retarded (get other peoples` opinions, not just your own), then try to style them back and away from your face, maybe with a dab of wax or something, so it doesn`t look like a 3-year-old`s hack job.
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 12:12am
ACK!!!

Well I think the best thing to do is wait it out and let yer bangs grow. I wouldn`t go pulling down any other sections and adding to your bang area your just asking for trouble. If they look a bit chunky and you are feeling daring you could take the tips of a pair of styling shears and cut stright upwards into your bangs about 1/8 or 1/4 inch in the bangs to break up the line and give it some texture. LET THEM GROW NEXT TIME.

If you do want to cut yer bangs wet them, comb them forward to a point with very little tension cut them at the bridge of yer nose between your eyes that should get you by till your next visit to a salon. If yer not sure have a friend do it and explain to them. Remember when yer bangs dry they will be considerable shorter. If yer not sure start by taking off a little bit and gradually more until you get to the length you want. Can always cut it shorter but can`t glue it back on
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 3:39pm
Besides - haven`t they grown out yet???...gabi
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
billabong_gurl12345678 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billabong_gurl12345678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Nancy999 Nancy999 wrote:

I always cut my own bangs and they look great! I cut them too short and look retarded. What can I do besides wait for them to grow. My hair is long and straight down to my bra line.

you can put your bangs to the side that is a very kool hairstyle!!!!!!!!!!
vicki
Purple View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2002 at 8:34pm
My bangs are pretty short, Betty Pageish but quite shorter.

Also, to Nancy, my mom inlaw has a high forhead
and keeps her bangs quite short, she curls them one layer at a time and then brushes them out...looks really good on her, just an idea. Also gives a little bit more control.
Caterina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caterina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2002 at 3:17am
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Don`t worry about it.

My fringe is cut 2 inches above the eyebrows and looks great.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can that possibly look good?
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2002 at 7:44pm
Hi Catarina,
Whats wrong with a short fringe, it suits me.
I posted that way back in December and I still have my fringe very short.
Please give your opinion for your response.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2002 at 9:54pm
Hey Aubrey Hepburn pulled it off! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Holla # 1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holla # 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2002 at 5:06pm
Hey gurl listen u just need keep putting ur bangs bak in a ponytail until they grow out. It wont take long just chill and be patient. Ull look great until ur bangs grow out
Krazy Short Hair Lover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy Short Hair Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2002 at 10:44am
I have just the thing to fix your too short bangs..... My clippers, I`d love to give you a nice short haircut to balance out the too short bangs. No not a ugly crew cut or a lame "too short" cut like that but a sweet sexy short style that will have more guys clamoring to get into your pants than you can handle. 2 inches and layered on top and clippered up the sides and back from "barely there" legnth tapering into the 2 inch top legnth. Very easy care too, cool for summer always looking good.
laurla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Michelle766 Michelle766 wrote:

You could always cut a layer on top of the shorter bangs covering up your mistake. How short are your bangs now?

they arent very short but i dont like the length
i want to know if it will either grown longer at the end of the week or if there is something i can do to make my hair grow faster with out taking pills, besides vitamins.
badlilgirlie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badlilgirlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 7:33pm
Laurla:
Even if taking vitamins could speed up your hair growth, by the time they kicked in and started having an effect your bangs would have probably grown enough to need another trim. You hafta take vitamins for a while before you see their effects, like a coupla months or so. Just give it a week or 2 and you'll probably be happy w/them!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic