Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clipped and not happy about it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Karen14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clipped and not happy about it.
    Posted: December 26 2001 at 9:12pm
I had hair about 6 inches past my shoulders until tonight. That`s when my mom took me to the mall (we were returning gifts) and stopped at the hair salon. She took me inside and told the hairdresser that it was time that I went short. I had no idea she was going to do this.The next thing I know my hair is being washed and then cut short. I now have a angled bob with a clipped back and real short strait bangs. Mom says I look cute but I hate it. She says that I may have to get a pixie cut this spring for the summer. The girls at school will laugh at me when I go back. I hate my hair and don`t know what to do. Help.
karen14
Paul D View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2001 at 10:39pm
Reply to message: 7.1375.1
Karen14

I really feel bad for what your mother did to your hair and she didn`t say any thing to you about cutting your long hair off wow she should asked you if you wanted to cut your hair and you must be in shock when you saw your short hair cut in the mirror.... but Karen don`t worry about what your friends say who knows your friends might like your new cut and I have a cousin who just a few month`s ago cut her shoulder blade length hair into a angled bob with a buzzed nape very similar to your cut and she hated it at first and she also thought her friends would laugh but when she went back to school all of her friends told her that her new hair cut looked awesome and some of her friends wanted to cut there hair just like hers and my cousin really loves her new cut and as matter as fact my cousin is planning to get a little shorter angled bob with a higher buzzed nape can you believe it but Karen just give it some time if you still hate your hair just grow it out and tell your mom that you don`t want a pixie cut this spring for the summer its your hair and you should decide what to do with your hair and I hope this helps you out.......

Paul
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 12:45am
Reply to message: 7.1376.1
Karen the haircut you got is sooo sexy, I love angeled bobs with buzzed napes and short bangs, I would love to see a picture of your hair cut. As for your freinds, its not there hair they don`t have to wear it so don`t worry about what your freinds are going to say, when I was in school and some one would cut her hair all there freinds would say nice things about the cut so don`t worry over nothing. How old are you and can you describe how you look so I get an idea what you look like with that sexy new hair cut. Tell your mom she is alright in my book. Sorry I think your mom did some thing good and at least she waited till after Christmas to get you a makeover. As for the pixie tell her to wait till after you get out for the summer, you might actually enjoy a sexy short cut for the summer, I hope to see your picture. And just remember in two years your hair can be back to six inches long if you choose to grow it out.
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 12:32pm
Karen, I truly understand. I`m 16. About 7 months ago my mom took me to our salon and had them give me a spiral perm. We argued for weeks and finally she just put me in the chair and had it done. My hair was below my shouldes then. I say then because I just got it cut last week.
I cried and it took me about a week to deal with my hair. After about 2 weeks I learned how to maintain the perm. Well that wasn`t enough last month she began pressuring me to get another perm. My hair was growing out and the perm was getting that worn tired look. Ok this went on for a couple of weeks. She had it all planned another spiral perm and even had it decided how I was to wear my hair for prom. I tried to talk into letting me just roll it to make it spirally and i didn`t won`t to chance this next time my hair might be damaged. (The stylist really did a good job because the perm never caused my hair to dry out and look damaged.) but nothing would stop my mom.
Sooo....Wednesday before we got out for Christmas Break I went and had as much as possible old perm cut off. I ended with my hair shorted than I`ve ever had it. My hair is cut longer in front and shorter in back with a slightly inverted back. In front my hair is just above my chin. I have what you call an angled bob. I did this to keep from having to deal with my mom. And, you know what? I like it! I really do. Don`t worry what your friends say because if they laugh they were not your friends to begain with. You have a week before school starts back start now trying to learn how to style it. And don`t get frustrated. The next time your mom takes you in it won`t surprise you you will be prepared. I almost forgot I don`t have bangs... I never could decide or not.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 12:45pm
Reply to message: 7.1380.1
shorthair, you are sick. I like angled bobs too (among other styles), but I`ll not compliment a mother
who drags her daughter to the salon like that. In my book, both Karen and Rachel`s mothers are
a kind of child abusers - control freaks who treat their daughters as if they were their barbie dolls.
A poodle deserves more respect than that! Seriously, these moms need help! I think you owe Karen
an apology.

Rachel and Karen, can you TALK to your moms? What would happen if you told them they were hurting yourt feelings? If you asked them nicely why they want your hair this way? If they are stubbornly insensitive, talk to your dads and tell them your moms are mistreating you. The other
parent can step in and stop the offending one from mistreating you.

zelda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 2:41pm
why not a good change
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 3:59pm
ITA DUKE!!!

This is really sick. And it is abuse. I would have not allowed my mother to "make" me do this. I think some kind of counciling is in order when a parent oversteps their boundaries like that.

It`s not the haircut that`s a tragedy it`s the relationship, or I should say lack thereof, with the parents. I would strongly encourage any "child" to say no...wags
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 7:17pm
Reply to message: 7.1381.1
I`m sorry that everyone got so upset. My mom is not a bad mother but she makes sure that the hair and makeup are perfect before I leave the house.
I feel sorry for Karen. At least I made the decission to cut my hair. My mom didn`t force me to; I did it because I didn`t want to get another spiral. So...I guess I did in a way say no to her!!!
I will grow my hair long again but for now i can be positive and make the best of it. Once before I got in trouble at school and ended up being expelled from Catholc School. My dad had me read this book about 7 habits of successful people sooo I try to use that with my mom.
Sometimes, though I think she is domineering.
I did talk to mom about my hair. I told her I would roll my my hair in spirals a few days a week just don`t make me get a perm. She said that was too much trouble everytime. She said the perm would be less time in the morning. I was doomed to get my hair permed. But you just have to make the best of a situation. Later
Karen14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 7:33pm
Hi this is Karen again. I still dont like my short haircut. i had long hair for so long it doesnt feel right not to have the hair on my neck and back. And the clipped back feels really wierd. My mom says I look cute and better than when I had long hair but I kept my long hair really clean and shiny. She says I will get used to it being short but I will have to get it trimmed every month now. She still wants it even shorter when the weather gets warmer. I hope I can talk her out of it because I dont want a pixie cut like my younger sister. How can I get my mom to understand that I should be able to wear my hair the way I want to not the way she wants me to?
karen14
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 7:47pm
Reply to message: 7.1385.1
Hmm. Karen how old are you? Its not important I just wanted to know. I don`t know what to say. What would happen if you refuse to get it trimmed? Are you old enough to do that. Maybe you could talk to your father and get his support. I`m old enough to drive and have spending money so that helped me with my hair and mom.
But. I think Duke is right you need to go to your dad!! God she must have really cut the nape short. I am so sorry. You will just HAVE TO REFUSE TO GET THAT TRIM NEXT MONTH!!!!!! Later
Karen14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 8:30pm
Rachel, I`m 14. My parents are divorced so I can`t go to my dad. My mom says that I don`t get to choose my hairstyles unless she likes it and she just likes short haircuts on me and my sister. I`m afraid I`ll really get in trouble if I refuse to go to the beauty salon next time for my trim.
karen14
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 9:23pm
Reply to message: 7.1387.1
OK, you have a problem with mom. Hmm..well the only thing I can think of is just tell her you`re not going for the trim when the time comes. Tell her you want to grow it longer and ask her is there a style that is longer than this one that she likes. Maybe she will agree to a longer short style.
How short is the front or the longest part now? Is it chin length...shorter ....longer? I know you said the bangs are short.
May be she won`t call your bluff if you continue to tell her how hurt and sad you are? But, I would tell her almost everyday how hurt and sad I am.
You know you could go to your school counselor and ask for help.
This may be bad advise but you could just refuse to get in the chair. Oh wow, I `m telling you to do what I myself couldn`t. Man, where did OUR mothers come from? I will always be here to listen. If you need to talk to others about things or just make a comment or just say hello I hang out at a message board called www. teengrls.zzn.com. Later
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 11:02pm
Reply to message: 7.1388.1
Karen, sorry to hear that your still upset. Being your 14 your mom can basically do any thing she wants. If your dad has joint cusdity then he can help, either way I would talk to your dad. If he can`t help talk to your grandmother and tell her that your mom is being to demanding. Under normal conditions you might like the short hair but since she forced it on you and then is forceing you to go shorter in spring that makes things worse. Maybe you talk to mom and tellher that she is just going to cause you to be rebelless and do things she might not like. If that don`t work you will just have to deal with short hair for 4 years. Once your 18 you can tell your mom get lost. In the mean time you may just want to get used to short hair and make the best of it. Love to she a before and after of you.
You can post your photos on http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/teenhaircuts
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2001 at 1:27pm
Reply to message: 7.1389.1
I agree with those that say you should talk to your father. This is utter unfairness. I see Rachel A
is very kind toward her "good" mother who is apparently obsessed with her daughter`s appearance.
Imagine wasting your energy on getting your daughter to get a perm!!!

Rachel should tell her mother that perms are unhealthy, and that there have been cases of people
losing hair after them . These womens` behavior is abusive, as people said above. Far from being
liberal, these mothers don`t even pick their battles, so to speak. They are bad for their daughters`
psyche, and I hope the latter will win at the end. Anyone who wants to talk further can mail me at

piobmhorca@yahoo.ca

Colonel Doe
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2001 at 4:23pm
Karen - being 14 does not mean "your mom can do anything she wants"; I really suggest talking to your father, a councelor, church member, friend of your mom, whatever it takes. Do not just go along with this it could lead to further more serious abuses down the road, this is not good for you...wags
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2001 at 9:21pm
Reply to message: 7.1392.1
I do hope it works out for Karen. I hope her mom has a change of heart. But, unless someone that her mom personelly respects their opion Karen is doomed to have repeat visits to the chair.
You guys say we should refuse to do it but it`s not so simple when your parent is telling you to. It`s tougher than you think. I`m sure Karen loves her mom like me and my mom and so we do what is asked because we want to be good.
I argued with my mom for weeks before finally giving in. The only option I felt I had left was to cut my hair to avoid another spiraled perm. So... I did. The interesting thing is IT HURT MY MOM because she thought my curly hair was so pretty. She was so upset that she yelled "what have you done" and "do you know how long it will take to fix what you have done." Well she is having to deal with it just like I had to deal with the perm since May of this year.
My dad, he tells her all the time that I look fine and leave me alone. But she really believes what she does is for the best. I`m sure Karens mom feels the same. She is doing what she feels is for the best.
Someone said "it is only hair and it will grow back" There is a lot of truth to that.
Karen, you do need to talk to someone...a counselor, your priest, a relative or one of your mom`s best friends so they will know your feelings. Later
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2001 at 12:45pm
Reply to message: 7.1394.1
What a heavy topic, what strong evidence for the primitive state of many members of society,
even after the reforms of the mid-twentieth century. I encourage Karen and Rachel A to stand up
for their wishes. I see Rachel has an easier task, for her father is around and does support her.
I think you should continue to "plead" with him to help you stand up for yourself. If he says that
you don`t have to get the perm, then mother can`t force you unless he gives in. As for the emotional
thing, if she is "hurt", it`s her fault. I could feel "hurt" because Brigitte Bardot, and actress from the
1960s with beautiful hair, cut it for a film role, but where would that get me? You did not try to hurt
your mother, you just civilly stood up for yourself. Let the mothers think they are doing the best
for their daughters. It doesn`t licence their bullying. And don`t fool yourselves. Perhaps they are
doing what they think is for your own good, but MAYBE they actually enjoy controlling you or
something. You can`t know for sure. I EXHORT both of you to mail me at the address I gave above.
I want to give you a few tips on parent survival.

Colonel Doe
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2001 at 3:16pm
Yay Colonel!!!

If someone thinks they are "hurt" by another persons individual choices, that is something THEY need to deal with.

What if your mothers are "hurt" by your career choices or college choices or choices of a partner/mate/spouse.

Are they going to be "hurt" if your children don`t get the hair they like, and on it goes.

Do you think your mothers/parents will be less hurt when you make your own choices when you get older.

It being for your own good doesn`t wash when it`s making you unhappy and them happy.

Do talk to someone - and try to have your Moms talk to someone too - they need it even more...wags
McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2001 at 6:34pm
quote:

Karen14 originally wrote:
I had hair about 6 inches past my shoulders until tonight. That`s when my mom took me to the mall (we were returning gifts) and stopped at the hair salon. She took me inside and told the hairdresser that it was time that I went short. I had no idea she was going to do this.The next thing I know my hair is being washed and then cut short. I now have a angled bob with a clipped back and real short strait bangs. Mom says I look cute but I hate it. She says that I may have to get a pixie cut this spring for the summer. The girls at school will laugh at me when I go back. I hate my hair and don`t know what to do. Help.

Well I almost had the exact same thing happen to me. I went to the salon and for the most part, my mom let me have free reign over how my hair was as long as it was layered(to eliminate thickness... can`t argue with that). So I figured I`d just get a slight trim of maybe and inch or so, which would make my hair about 2 inches below my shoulders. When I did, my mom went nuts! She told me I didn`t know how to take care of my hair and that it looked ugly etc etc. So we had a huge fight over it and she said I had to get my hair cut into a bob just above my chin, I cried for days just thinking about the fact that I would get kicked off the dance team because of her if she made me go through with it(We had a bun-length policy). Well we apologized and everything was still a little uneasy about my next haircut. Then, the day before I went I wanted to plead my case with my mom. So I sat down and talked it over with her and she said that I could have my hair cut so it would just barely touch my shoulder with layers or above the chin with a clippered nape. Needless to say talking it over with her helped a lot and we were both happy because I got my hair cut so it would barely touch my shoulders and she liked it!
Good luck with whatever happens!
K
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
ashley_spinelli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashley_spinelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2001 at 3:03pm
Reply to message: 7.1399.1
sorry everyone, this person is full of @#%**

This appears to be a fetisher into punishment cuts & who wants to play everyone & evoke sympathy.

She/he posted in teen hair & said her mom went to this site to figure out her next cut??? told her two style numbers that was coming nextalso she sure knows alot of hair lingo for a nieve non-booksmart 14 year old girl.

I think the time is now for he/she fesses up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic