Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair growing out again, what to do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katie U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair growing out again, what to do?
    Posted: January 14 2002 at 10:08pm
Ok, well I`m sure you`ve all read my posts about how the syylist cut all my hair off accidentally, then I didn`t like it shoulder legnth so I went for a pixie. Then I let it grow out to shoulder legnth again, but in the craze of people getting their hair cut short on Teen Hair, most of which I now realize were fake posts that I shouldn`t have read, I cut my hair back to about an inch long. Anyway, its been 2 years since I had real long hair, and I kinda wanna go back, but I am almost going to graduate and I don`t know how long I can stang growing. My hair is about 5 inches long, maybe 6, I can probobly get it to about shoulder legnth without going nuts, but I don`t like it shoulder legnth. I liked it real long like to my waiste, and i liked it real short, but to get it real long will require patience i might not have. And cutting it short again will trap me into short hair in this cycle for a long time. So what do I do?
Olivia Chillia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olivia Chillia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2002 at 12:24pm
Have you looked through recent hair magazines? There are lots of really cute shoulder length cuts. Other great sources of excellent hair are fashion magazines, celebrity-watching magazines and TV. These styles need to be put to the reality test. Your stylist can probably help you figure that part out. And if you really trust your stylist you might ask her (or him) for ideas.
hairfairy007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfairy007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2002 at 3:46pm
dear katie,
im in the same boat! i would really like to talk to you about it email me! aybe we could come up with something together!
thanx
-angel
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2002 at 9:19pm
Count me in on the cycle - I look my worst "in between", which for me is from chin until it gets beyond shoulders. So it`s often been go back to real short in disgust.

It`s tough - I don`t really have any answers except to try to grinde it out and never cut above minimum length again...gabi
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2002 at 7:39pm
Just wondeing how long did you have long hair? how long have you had short hair? What did you like about long hair an d what did you like about having shorthair? when you weigh out the pros and the cons maybe then you can decide what lenght you really want, you got to follow your heart or you will always be torn between what you want. Like if you like your hair short more than long then you will always want to cut it before it gets to long, but if you like long hair over short you will have the paticence to grow it out. But don`t let any one tel you what to do or you will always hate it, follow your heart.
Katie U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2002 at 7:56pm
here`s the thing, my hair is not all that long so cutting it into a pixie would seem to be an easy thing to do. The thing is it puts me back in the situation again which will take longer to grow out. So I am either gonna attempt to let it grow out again, and I mean all the way to my waiste like it was years ago when I got it cut against my will starting this whole thing (although I can`t say i didn`t like it short), or I am getting it cut real real short and keeping it like that for a long time, so it is a big descision. To tell you the truth, my first choice is to grow it out and deal with it looking sort of dumb in my opinion until it gets passed my shulders. If hair grew faster, I would definately grow it. But I am having trouble deciding, and it is so easy to chop its hard not to.
hairfairy007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfairy007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2002 at 8:12pm
katie,
i have admitted defeat and cut mine again, i think im gonna keep it this way for a while because i just can deal with having that uky ugly growing out hair. Pixies are so much easier to take care of and i think im just gonna keep it this way, because i dont know if u could take long hair again.well i hope you have an easy desision
angel
wozziewoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozziewoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2002 at 2:41pm
Hey, Katie. It`s sounds like that first haircut "that started all this" as you put it, might not not have been such a bad thing. In all likelyhood had that not happened you would still have that waist-length hair you used to & wouldn`t even consider cutting it short. But since you did get it cut short you can decide which way you want it. The fact that you like it short should tell you something. Does your desire to regrow it, have anything to do with the manner in which you lost it, i.e. having it cut against your will. It seems to me that you really like short hair, having gotten the opportunity, but feel you should regrow it, because of it was taken from you unwillingly, & shouldn`t have ever had short hair at all. Does any of this make sense? I could be totally off, but I think there could be something there. Perhaps, you should consider something in-between, this is your chance to experiment, it doesn`t have to be one or the other.
felix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2002 at 6:22am
If you think the `in-between` phase is difficult for girls, try guys.

I decided to grow my hair out some time ago. And I actually got through the in-between phase.

Then I decided to cut it all short again.

Why? I don`t know.

I`m not saying you should cut your hair short again. But I think you`ll probably want to when you get it past shoulder length.

Are you sure you don`t want to grow it out just to "say goodbye" properly?

Can you picture yourself keeping your hair waist-length for two years or more?

In other words: never mind the journey, what will you do when you get there?
-f
wozziewoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozziewoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2002 at 5:39pm
yeah, whether or not I was clear in my last post or not I am basically in agreement with felix. there are many things to take into consideration & perhaps, you are not weighing the right one`s properly.
Samangus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 9:44pm
Hi Katie,
I know what you`re going through. I`m growing my hair out from a short cut and for the longest time I couldn`t decide whether or not I wanted to let it grow or just chop it off again because of all of the frustration. What made me decide to grow it again (it`s not too long yet, just shoulder length) was the fact that I can`t stand not being able to do anything else with it than just have it in one style when it`s short. I love changing my hair around. I love wearing it down, pulled up in a pony tail, just pulled back in barrettes, braided, piggy tails, etc.
So, if you like change, let it grow. If you don`t really mind being limited to one style, and if you get really frustrated, cut it again. You did say that you liked it both ways.

Good luck!!
Kathy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic