Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brown hair color fading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prosaic Beauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prosaic Beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brown hair color fading
    Posted: March 25 2002 at 5:08pm
Hi :)
Thanks for reading this! I have dyed my hair a thousand times over the passed five years (I`m 17) and can never stick to one color but have mainly been a blonde. I was trying to grow out my bleached blonde hair and got frustrated so I finally dyed it brown. I really loved it at first...it was Feria Brazilian Brown but it had too much red in it...(I don`t really like red on me.) So I went to a salon. They weaved some bleached blonde back in and some of my natural color (which I couldn`t really see). But I still saw these fake looking and now faded red highlights. So I dyed my hair once again at home--Loreal Superior Preference Medium Ash Brown. It was super dark at first...almost black but soon faded to a light brown, which was nice. I wish I would have dyed it that color in the first place! But in some light the red is coming through again and my hair color looks like it`s fading. It seems like no color will stay put on me! So I`ve almost given up and want to just bleach all of my hair again! Is there any way to stay a brunette without having my hair show any signs of horrible fading? Wow, this is long, thank you so much for reading this and for your help!
It seems like hair bloopers happen to everyone!
<3
* * * Flaws are BEAUTiful* * *
gia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2002 at 8:29pm
WOW brown hair girl. frist of all if you bleach your whole head or even HLS..you`ll be wearing a hat for a long time... this problem is easy to fix. if you can go to a salon or your stylist and explain to him/her what you wrote in this email..better yet just copy it and hand it to then.. they should frist give you a cleansing shampoo to reduce whatever build up,your hair has..then towel dry(very well without rubing it) then there are serveral things they can do. one, use a mousse filler to replace undertones of hair than aplile the desire color (very important, do not use any higher then 10 vol dev.) im not sure what color lines these people uses, but most color lines today come with a product called gentle delv. hope this help...gia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic