Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Home Haircuts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vicki View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home Haircuts
    Posted: April 21 2002 at 8:10am
Anyone ever had one ? Gotta story to tell ? Well I was looking thru some pictures this morning and I saw me sporting one that`s why I asked. I was about nine and I had shoulder length hair and my Mom had cut it to like a pudding bowl cut with thick bangs - I remember not wanting to go to school the next day !
Shani View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2002 at 12:08am
I grew up in the sixties, when I think most kids had their hair cut at home. [You simply didn`t have all these cute salons catering to children.] Haircuts tended to be simple, not layered etc. When parents cut their daughters long hair short, it was usually a to a straight blunt bob just under the ears. (And it usually looked just like it had been cut off with kitchen shears.)

I had several classmates who came to school one day with their hair cut a few inches shorter, the next day it would be a couple of inches shorter than that, and the next (usually final) day, it would be shorter still. Clearly not a professional job here!

Your haircut actually sounds pretty typical of what happened in my day. I would love to hear other stories, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic