Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

terrible cut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: terrible cut
    Posted: July 03 2002 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Cheri Cheri wrote:

I can pray with compassion on this one! I fell victim to a hair dresser with delusions of grandeur...you know the kind. He jets to England and Italy every year to learn the "latest styles", etc., etc...

My long-time hair designer (I love you, Lori) retired from hair work to begin a family. I'd never let anyone else touch my hair but her and even then, it took me two years to not tremble when she began so much as a 1/4" trim. (Childhood hair-length issues.) I went for nearly 18 months without so much as a trim after she stopped doing hair; my hair was to my waist.

Okay, longer story shortened: Was referred to this Dr. Mengele of hair styles by a friend. I didn't know he thought long hair was a bad thing. I asked for a regular 1/4" trim, he said I should cut it more since long hair was just so "Cher" and far too dated. I said no, took me too long to grow it, makes me feel more feminine and pretty. We bantered back and forth and finally agreed (I THOUGHT) on letting him remove appx 3" of the truly damaged ends.

He snagged his scissors and before I knew it, my hair was just above my colorbone, with doofy bangs. I was absolutely traumatized, my worst childhood nightmares revisited! Even though most people said it was "chic"--I'm not the "chic" type, trust me--I wept for 3 full days, hated mirrors, gained weight... yeesh. (shudder)

Of course, I never set foot near him again and it was again months before I would even look at a salon. However, because God is good, I've finally located a hair guru, Jilda, who understands me and nurses me through my trims. My hair is layered and growing, back down to just at or a bit below bra strap level. (I'm letting it get back to where it was, and I don't give a d*mn HOW old I am when it gets there!!!)

Except now SHE'S pregnant. If she retires, I shall simply purchase weaponry before I choose a new stylist and explain what I want. Yes, I shall be armed and ready...he/she will be surprised what he/she can live through. (lol)

Cheri, I LOVED your post! I was laughing so hard I was crying! You certainly have a way with words!!!

My sister talked me into seeing her guy at her salon. She said he made her feel beautiful! I had only once before entered a salon for a perm, and that was a disaster! My hair wouldn`t take and so the stylist was reading the box in front of me and then proceeded to do exactly what the box said not to. Still didn`t take and she said we could try again tomorrow. No thanks. Even my hair got scared and fell off!

After that, I was reluctant to go to another salon. Supercuts was fine by me. But I went at the promises of Goddess Glory by my sister. I told the stylist what I wanted (bangs, layers) and exactly what I didn`t want (Brenda Walsh from 90210). He told me bangs are for little girls and I`m not little anymore. He tried to make twice the $ in half the time by cutting both mine and my sister`s hair at the same time, blowing out the power in the whole joint in the process. I came out looking like Brenda Walsh. Greeeeaaaaat. And then I went home and cut me some bangs, dangit!

When I finally find a new hair guru, or at least a guru in training, seems like 3 months later they all disappear! *Poof!* I am praying God will be good to me, as you say! In the meantime, maybe I should procure my own weaponry?!? LOL!!!
<(**)>Krazy LoLo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <(**)>Krazy LoLo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2002 at 5:20am
WooHoo! I like HAZZWOP`s description of "herself" she described my ideal hairstyle for girls, IMO girls with short almost boyish haircuts are very sexy, especially the buzzed nape..... Mmmm, that`s my favorite, my ex g/f after much pleading and begging ect, let me use the clippers on her neck, beneath her long middle of back legnth thick brown hair. I buzzed it with a number 2 guide comb to about the middle of her ears leaving the top layers of hair intact so that it would hang down and hide the buzzed aera. It was important to her that she could hide the clipped hair for maybe a week and a half, then she went everywhere with her hair in a high pony tail proudly displaying her buzzed nape. I couldn`t keep my hands off her now super sensitive nape and she would regularly have orgasams from extended carressing and touching of her pokie clippered neck! I used to deviously attack her nape in the supermarket and other places while waiting in lines LOL watching her tremble and try to suppress the moans and yelps as she came was just a real treat! She acted like she was mad, but that wasn`t true she was just a little embarrased from her pleasurable wait in line LOL :-) As soon as we got in the car she would attack me and make it nearly impossible to drive the 3 blocks back to the house! After about a year of having her nape buzzed she got brave and allowed me to give her a fairly short layered all over haircut that was really sexy on her with the sides cut with the #4 guide and the top cut with sissors to about 3 inches long. The lower part of her neck was of course clipped close tapering as it went up into her longer hair giving her a new erogenous zone as we called it that would turn her on every bit as much as her sex did. My biggest mistake I made in my life was one night after we came home from a party, I was in a bad mood had a splitting headache and she had her kids over with her that weekend and they had no sort of disipline what so ever, they were screaming and yelling throwing things breaking things just like the "heathens" they were. Well I slipped up and said as much to her out of anger/misery telling her to get her "heathens" under control before someone calls the zoo to come capture the wild animals that had escaped! Bang, she shot up out of bed saying nothing and not responding to me when I asked where she was going, just collected her clothes, the "heathens" and walked out my front door never to return :-( She was that once in a lifetime dream girl everyone wishes for (to me at least) and in a moment of lame ass stupidity I threw it all away.... Now 15 years later I still mourn her leaving when I dwell on the subject, she was the "ONE" and I blew it to the max. I`ll forever regret my ignorance and stupidity I unselfishly released that night on the best thing that ever came into my life. Nancy...... How on earth could I be so stupid? Arughhh....

<(**)>Krazy LoLo *LoLo is a Hawaiian word for idiot, dumb, careless, foolish, crazy person. So I adopted that name as my on-line name. I am even known by my friends as Krazy these days LooL!!! :-) Aloha, Krazy :) :D :P
Jims_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jims_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 7:01pm
I like doing things with my hair too much to shave it all off. I`d get bored too quickly. Although the thought of not having to do much with it is very appealing. So, it`s still in the process of growing back. I agree that everyone does have the right to their opinion, even if it sounds rude. I appreciate all of the replies...good and bad.
And, typing in all caps sounds like yelling, even if it`s not meant that way. :)
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2002 at 10:24am
Originally posted by HAZZWOP@AOL.COM HAZZWOP@AOL.COM wrote:

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT ME..WHEN I WAS A YOUNG GIRL I HAD VERY PRETTY BROWN HAIR AND MY MOTHER GAVE ME A FORCED PUNISHMENT HAIRCUT, VERY VERY SHORT AND I WAS NEVER ALLOWED TO HAVE LONG HAIR AGAIN...FROM THAT POINT IN MY LIFE I HAVE ALWAYS KEPT IT VERY SHORT AND AT ONE POINT I SHAVED MY HEAD BALD AND I FIND IT VERY SEXY WHEN A MAN RUBS MY NEARLY SHAVED HEAD....I WASNT BEING RUDE, I WAS JUST STATING AN OPINION ABOUT GOING SHORT AND TRYING IT AT LEAST ONCE IN HER LIFE....A MISTAKE COULD BE THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO HER AS IT DID ME...I AM NOW A 27 YEAR OLD HOT BABE WITH SHEARED OFF HAIR AND I DONT WANT LONG HAIR, I THINK ITS NASTY.. ILOVE THE FEEL OF MY SHAVED NAPE ON A COOL SUMMER MORNING......IF PEOPLE WANT TO GIVE ME SLACK FOR MY OPIONIN THEY CAN GO SUCK ON A BOTTLE OF HAIR GEL...I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY OPINION AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE...SO YAWN TO YOU HUNNY

You know, I hear that happens a lot to trolls ;)
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2002 at 7:46am
uhhh a shaved head never looks very appealing to me.. but thats just my opinion.
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
HAZZWOP@AOL.COM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAZZWOP@AOL.COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2002 at 12:05am
LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT ME..WHEN I WAS A YOUNG GIRL I HAD VERY PRETTY BROWN HAIR AND MY MOTHER GAVE ME A FORCED PUNISHMENT HAIRCUT, VERY VERY SHORT AND I WAS NEVER ALLOWED TO HAVE LONG HAIR AGAIN...FROM THAT POINT IN MY LIFE I HAVE ALWAYS KEPT IT VERY SHORT AND AT ONE POINT I SHAVED MY HEAD BALD AND I FIND IT VERY SEXY WHEN A MAN RUBS MY NEARLY SHAVED HEAD....I WASNT BEING RUDE, I WAS JUST STATING AN OPINION ABOUT GOING SHORT AND TRYING IT AT LEAST ONCE IN HER LIFE....A MISTAKE COULD BE THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO HER AS IT DID ME...I AM NOW A 27 YEAR OLD HOT BABE WITH SHEARED OFF HAIR AND I DONT WANT LONG HAIR, I THINK ITS NASTY.. ILOVE THE FEEL OF MY SHAVED NAPE ON A COOL SUMMER MORNING......IF PEOPLE WANT TO GIVE ME SLACK FOR MY OPIONIN THEY CAN GO SUCK ON A BOTTLE OF HAIR GEL...I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY OPINION AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE...SO YAWN TO YOU HUNNY
oOoStArSpArKoOo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oOoStArSpArKoOo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2002 at 10:07pm
Yawn to you too, you bore me.
:(You`re being very rude, if you don`t have anything nice to say to people then go find a different board!
:PWhat have you got against hair anyway? Is this some sort of jelousy issue, like you went bald at a horribly young age and you can`t even go outside because you can`t bear the sight of all these people walking around with thick heads of hair or something?
8)If so I feel sorry for you, :(but for some reason I think you are just doing this to be rude, and make us all mad, and if that`s the case, like I already said, go find a different board!
(Sorry, I didn`t meen for this to sound like some sort of smackdown against bald people or something, as I have nothing against you:D)
StArSpArK
HAZZWOP@AOL.COM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAZZWOP@AOL.COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2002 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by funnie funnie wrote:

Originally posted by hazzwop@aol.com hazzwop@aol.com wrote:

Originally posted by dianefromcanada dianefromcanada wrote:

I have empathie for you Jim's girl. It happened to me once.

Hey to cut your hair short person. I recommend that you totally shave your hair off since you don't since to appreciate anything! I don't think you deserve your own hair.

YOU BORE ME, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I DIDNT ALREADY CUT ALL MY HAIR OFF AND MAYBE I SHOULD COME TO CANADA AND GIVE YOU A REALLY NICE SHORT BUZZED HAIRCUT, I BET YOUD LOOK PRETTY WITH SHORT SHORT HAIR

why don't you go to Canada and make us all happy? (Diane keep your door locked!)

YAWN, I WAS JUST STATING THAT THAT GIRL SHOULD GO SUPER SHORT AND BUZZ ALL THAT HAIR OFF AND YOU GO JUMPING ON ME...AND YOU WONDER WHY I WANT TO CUT EVERYONES HAIR OFF, ESPECIALLY THAT DIANE FROM CANADA..I HEARD SHE HAS LONG LONG HAIR AND SHOULD BE SHAVED DOWN TO NOTHING...I BET SHE WOULD LOOK GOOD AS A DYKE
funnie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2002 at 7:42am
Originally posted by hazzwop@aol.com hazzwop@aol.com wrote:

Hey to cut your hair short person. I recommend that you totally shave your hair off since you don't since to appreciate anything! I don't think you deserve your own hair.

YOU BORE ME, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I DIDNT ALREADY CUT ALL MY HAIR OFF AND MAYBE I SHOULD COME TO CANADA AND GIVE YOU A REALLY NICE SHORT BUZZED HAIRCUT, I BET YOUD LOOK PRETTY WITH SHORT SHORT HAIR

why don`t you go to Canada and make us all happy? (Diane keep your door locked!)
hazzwop@aol.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazzwop@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2002 at 9:33pm

dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2002 at 6:28pm
I have empathie for you Jim`s girl. It happened to me once.

Hey to cut your hair short person. I recommend that you totally shave your hair off since you don`t since to appreciate anything! I don`t think you deserve your own hair.
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oOoStArSpArKoOo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2002 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Cut your hair short Cut your hair short wrote:

I RECCOMMEND JUST CUTTING ALL THAT HAIR VERY VERY SHORT...LONG HAIR ON WOMEN IS TERRIBLE...SHORTER IS BETTER, I THINK YOU SHOULD INVEST IN A SET OF OSTER CLIPPERS WITH A #3 BLADE AND BUZZ THAT CRAP OFF

:(You don`t have to be so cranky, lots of people love long hair.
StArSpArK
Cut your hair short View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cut your hair short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2002 at 4:22pm
I RECCOMMEND JUST CUTTING ALL THAT HAIR VERY VERY SHORT...LONG HAIR ON WOMEN IS TERRIBLE...SHORTER IS BETTER, I THINK YOU SHOULD INVEST IN A SET OF OSTER CLIPPERS WITH A #3 BLADE AND BUZZ THAT CRAP OFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oOoStArSpArKoOo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2002 at 7:55pm
:(I`m sorry you had such a bad experience, but at least it came out nice. Don`t worry too much about it, it`ll grow back in time.
I don`t think you should start being afriad to try different things now, that sort of thing can happen, even if you just want a trim.
All I can say is be sure whoever`s cutting your hair knows exactally how you want your hair. And find somebody you trust to do your hair, I`ve found it`s sometimes a bad idea to just go to a salon and get your hair cut by the first person available. Ask people who`s hair you like where they get their hair cut and who did it.
:|
StArSpArK
Cheri View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2002 at 4:51am
I can pray with compassion on this one! I fell victim to a hair dresser with delusions of grandeur...you know the kind. He jets to England and Italy every year to learn the "latest styles", etc., etc...

My long-time hair designer (I love you, Lori) retired from hair work to begin a family. I`d never let anyone else touch my hair but her and even then, it took me two years to not tremble when she began so much as a 1/4" trim. (Childhood hair-length issues.) I went for nearly 18 months without so much as a trim after she stopped doing hair; my hair was to my waist.

Okay, longer story shortened: Was referred to this Dr. Mengele of hair styles by a friend. I didn`t know he thought long hair was a bad thing. I asked for a regular 1/4" trim, he said I should cut it more since long hair was just so "Cher" and far too dated. I said no, took me too long to grow it, makes me feel more feminine and pretty. We bantered back and forth and finally agreed (I THOUGHT) on letting him remove appx 3" of the truly damaged ends.

He snagged his scissors and before I knew it, my hair was just above my colorbone, with doofy bangs. I was absolutely traumatized, my worst childhood nightmares revisited! Even though most people said it was "chic"--I`m not the "chic" type, trust me--I wept for 3 full days, hated mirrors, gained weight... yeesh. (shudder)

Of course, I never set foot near him again and it was again months before I would even look at a salon. However, because God is good, I`ve finally located a hair guru, Jilda, who understands me and nurses me through my trims. My hair is layered and growing, back down to just at or a bit below bra strap level. (I`m letting it get back to where it was, and I don`t give a d*mn HOW old I am when it gets there!!!)

Except now SHE`S pregnant. If she retires, I shall simply purchase weaponry before I choose a new stylist and explain what I want. Yes, I shall be armed and ready...he/she will be surprised what he/she can live through. (lol)
Jessok View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2002 at 5:00pm
To Stacey - you should try putting some smoothing gel or straightening gel & letting your hair air dry, or only blow drying it about half way then letting it air dry the rest of the way. Also try putting Glass by Redken on the hair when it`s damp or dry & that will work. It makes you`re hair silky and shiny.
Stacey Cornett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Cornett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2002 at 1:26pm
Hi. Don`t feel bad. I had my hair cut yesterday and it looks horrible. The hair dresser decided to put layers in my hair and now when I blow dry it, I look like a fur ball.
Jims_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jims_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2002 at 5:11pm
Thanks everyone for your replies! It hasn`t been that bad now that I`m getting used to it. And, since it`s getting warmer, it`ll probably be a welcomed change. :)
Carrie2 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carrie2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2002 at 3:01pm
I sympathize...

I had long hair. I went to get a trim and the lady put two layers at the bottom and one in front that looked really messy and sloppy. I would`ve had to blow-dry and mousse my hair every day for it to look decent. So I made the mistake of going to another hairdresser to cut off the layers. At first he said that he would have to cut off two inches. Then he cut off more than four, and worst of all, he relayered the entire front so now I have some chin-length layers. I was so angry.
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2002 at 11:28am
Sorry you`ve had one of those `I can`t believe I had to pay to be disappointed.` moments.

You did say it looks nice now that its been "fixed".
So that`s a good thing. Try to enjoy it a little while growing it out again. :)

I would suggest if you`re itching for a change but really nervous about it try just styling your hair a little different first.
If its straight, use hot rollers or a small iron to try a new look.
If its curly, do the straightening serum with iron.
If long, try one of those tricks like Nicole Kidman did to make it look like a short cut.
How about a temp. color rinse?
There`s a lot we can do other than chopping it all off.

HAVE FUN ! :smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic