Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

School

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School
    Posted: August 11 2003 at 2:38pm
Just some Boy- OMIGOSH! that is too funny! Geez your 'Rentz sound harsh...My Parental units don't really care how I style my hair. They only say that I can't put ANY kind of dye in it. not even temporary...tears oh sob! I have always wanted red, curly hair...As lucky I think you are to have curls naturally, I have to admit I do think I would get bored...besides, my thick hair has never held any kind of curl in its life! lol...I think it is good that you have ur own style that is different from ur parents. rawk on rawk on!!
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
Joee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 6:09am
Schoolgirl - a trauma to be sure, but I think people are taking you in the wrong direection. You are probably about 13, no real choices or chances to be free. Mom clothes and feeds you. I would say, before this September, find a reallt cute style that is considerably shorter than just a blunt cut ( which seems odd over the ear- obviously mom and Mandy orderd that up befoe you sat down ), go o the mall with friends and get it cut short and neat and cute, like a pixie. You'll love it, you've had an exciting moment with your friends, and mom will have no leverage. Post a photo, the pros here can tell you a great look for your face!
Just Some Boy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Some Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 12:12am
My parents actually hate that I straighten my hair. I keep being told that "People without curls DIE for them, YOU have them naturally, and you have to RUIN youre beuatiful curly hair and make it straight and boring! why?"

They actually flat out told me not to once, and took away my straightner. I got my mom back, though. I put bleach in my moms conditioner, and it turned her blue-black hair orangy-green-grey. I got in big trouble for that but it was worth it.

-Just some boy

Time flies like an arrow,
Fruit flies like a bannanna,
Youre breakfast was once a baby chicken!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 4:56am
wow these is very deep man
at least i kinda have amother who understands men. although she hates me having straight hair she really doesnt mind me colouring it as long it looks normal and natural looking. get mad school girl get very mad. then forgive and forget. she is your only mother so hating for life will not changed anything. just forget about it and live your life. beside you rgoing to move out to college and THEN you really can do anything you want with your hair. trust me i know :)
ARGHH
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 5:56pm
Writing it is only second to actually living it.
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 12:38pm
Quote If a parent is unwilling to guide a child on the road called the child's life, and is unwilling to care about the desires of the child, "I love you" becomes the phrase the most devoid of meaning humanity has ever had.

Tears to my eyes.
Lost for words.

Thanks for writing that Kintaro.

Uzi

Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 12:30pm
(note the obvious blatancy icon)

In this world, lots of parents don't know how to parent their kids. Her mother's irrationality is in no way linked to how many inches Schoolgirl had unwillingly lopped off. Once that's done, people who are obsessive to that point to force a hairstyle on someone usually are more obsessive about smaller things everywhere else leading to a very crappy quality of life. Now that the hair's gone, do you sincerely think her mother will be happy / remain happy ?

I (*6th*-ing) doubt it. Look at the O.P. Is she happy ? No. That's all that counts. But by the post we do not know how long this "trim" was, but it was unwanted by the person it was done on.

I am honestly sickened when posters like you are trying to set some moral standard (there isn't any, sorry to break it to you) that parents are best, that they know best, and because of the previous 2 points, they can force whatever they feel is "best" on their kids.

parenting : The rearing of a child or children, especially the care, love, and guidance given by a parent. From that, add it up. Her mother didn't care what she thought of her hair, didn't even guide her on her path (if she wanted long hair, the best thing a parent can do is open the doors of possibilities to a child). You know the trio Duty, Loyalty, Honor.......... if you don't have one of them the other 2 become totally irrelevant. Same thing here. If a parent is unwilling to guide a child on the road called the child's life, and is unwilling to care about the desires of the child, "I love you" becomes the phrase the most devoid of meaning humanity has ever had.

Just because you got raised one way doesn't mean you have to use that as standard, and repeat it ad infinitum.

Maybe her mother isn't as bad as I'm portraying her. But if I put myself in their position, and not their mindset, if I would regret anything they would do, then something is clearly wrong with the picture. That's how I evaluate how good a person is as a parent.

** Yes, I realize when a parent has to put their foot down. But if they can't justify it beyond "I want this done, I don't want them to do this.", they shouldn't be making those decisions. **
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
politicalgirl87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicalgirl87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 11:32am
Kintaro, just because SchoolGirl's mom wanted her to get her hair TRIMMED, (so it would be neat and tidy like she said) doesn't mean that her mom is obsessive about her daughter's life and controlling.
Get over yourself.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 7:12pm
Oooohhhh! Dah!lol Thank's Lyris.

Yes, Schoolgirl let us know how your doing with your new cut?
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 8:03am
I feel bad for you Schoolgirl, because I remember all too well how painful any radical change in appearance can be during middle school. I had a bad bout of a skin disease in 8th grade called impetigo (I won't go into the gory details--you don't want me to) but my face looked almost as if I'd been burned for about four months, and I never felt more self-conscious in my life. (If it helps any, it gets a LOT better! In college many girls don't even wear makeup to class.)

How have you been dealing with the cut? Have you and your mother had a frank discussion about this, because if not I think it's time.

Sophie--I think she meant "Mandy" was the only available stylist at the time--"free" meaning not with another client. I don't know how much I'd trust a stylist that worked pro bono either!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2003 at 9:48am
When I hear stories like this, killing people is illegal (which whether I could or not advocate this on the boards, I will not risk it), but go get a can/bottle/whatever of Neet and leave some in mom's hair while she sleeps. You don't need to do the whole head, just enough (a disfigured blob shape, at least 25 % the surface of her head) to pass the message. And if you can, arrange to live with another relative who is less obsessive about your life. If she screwed up hers, don't let her take it out on you. She already did, so dish it back.

Apparently, cutting someone's hair isn't abuse, so removing it shouldn't be either.

(Or swap the contents of a leave-in conditioner (mixing it up if both creams may be a good idea)... who knows, if she does it to herself, all the better.)
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 8:45pm
OMG, Girl...?? I'm sorry!

I don't understand, why was it even nessesary to get your hair cut at all??

What was it all about? Was there some reason your Mom gave you for having to cut your hair?

And what do you mean "Mandy the only Free Stylist" ??? dID SHE CUT HAIR FOR FREE????

And Why?

You know, all of our thoughts are with you!

God Bless.
Schoolgirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schoolgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 7:56pm
At the beginning of the school year last September (i'm in 7th grade) I was trying to grow my hair longer. My mom told me that I had to get it trimmed to look healthy and neat for school. I begged and pleaded with her but nothing worked to change her mind about getting my hair trimmed for the start of school. My mom took me to the salon and I looked at pictures of different hairstyles & haircuts hoping to pick one that I really liked. My hair was trimmed by Mandy who didn't look very nice (maybe that was why she was the only free stylist at the salon). I got my hair washed and then I waited for Mandy to work on my hair. She came over and started combing my hair and then trimmed it. I really hoped it wasn't going to look too bad although I was worried that she would trim way too much of my hair. The end result was a top-of-the-ear blunt cut and I was not happy. Sorry the post was so long!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic