Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem from Chi transformation system?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paisleygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paisleygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem from Chi transformation system?
    Posted: November 02 2003 at 1:06am
I was hoping that somebody could help me.

Last Tuesday I got the Chi transformation system done on my hair. This is the permanent type of straightening for hair and involves alot of silk type products (by Farouk Systems).

Well I had some initial concerns right after getting it done. My bangs were doing weird stuff and wouldn't lie down right. My scalp felt really really tight like I had some kind of helmet on under my hair. And then my hair looked like it had really thinned and lost alot of the thickness it had (like no body).

My bangs are starting to act normal again and my skin doesn't feel tight. However, I now have a new problem that I'm really concerned about.

There are lots of areas (like patches) where the hair, near the base at the skin, feels kinda hard or crispy. It almost feels like I've got a bunch of hairs knotted up, or they feel wirey. It's not all over my hair, but it's in a good portion of the hair. I had my husband look closely at the scalp in those areas and he said they looked bent. He pulled one of the hairs out and at the base of it, it was bent about a quarter of an inch.

Does anyone know about this type of straightening system? Did my stylist (who actually trains Chi for Farouk) mess up my hair - was it damaged?

I will add, that after she finished straightening/bonding my hair, she did color it (which she said would be no problem). She used Farouk products for the coloring as well.

Help...please! Also, if anyone knows of any other hair links where I could possibly get some answers, please let me know. I will be calling my stylist next week, but I'm curious what others have to say.

Thanks!
Paisleygirl
Straight hair girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight hair girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2004 at 7:29am
no there is nothing wrong this is normal for any kind of permanent straightening. your hair was straightened in a certain direction usually straight down. As you get regrowth your hair naturally grows straight out of your head. and you do get that crunchy feeling cause your hair is standing on end. if you part your hair and pull it flat against your head leaving the rest behind normal. you will see the height of the growth this is normal. When you have about a inch or more get a touch up to the roots only. that or in future if you decide to have your hair straightened and your hair is naturally striaght anyway. dont have it doe from the roots. have it done 3 inches from the roots down to the ends. This will stop the scrunchy feeling and any concern you may have. Other wise enjoy your straight hair :)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2004 at 4:41pm
A lot of people have had major damage just like you are talking about. Here's a thread from the Straight Talk board you'll probably wish you'd read before you made that appointment:
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP627221160&id=260

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 5:29am
Try reading the ingredients on the so called "Bio" products. It contains (amongst others) PVP. Look for some explanaition (Google e.g.) and you'll find that it is a kind of plastic (PolyVinylPyrrolidine if I remember correctly) that hardens when heated. Which is what a "Chi" tong does and explains why the straightening stays longer - it is enrobbed in a sort of plastic.

BTW: this PVP (besides the silicone derivatives like dimethicone etc) is added in an awful lot of hair products today.
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 5:27pm
Your hair is bent near the roots because you have chemical bend - is when hair is bent near the roots because the chemical straightener was applied to close to the scalp that's why the instructions recommend it be applied 1/2 or 3/4 or etc. away from the scalp.
Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 8:59pm
i would have to agree.. i to do the chi sytem and its better to stany 1/2" away from the scalp then to have the hair break off. some hairstylist dont no that it is very important to staighten the hair in the way that the hair grows.. thats the diffrance from good job to bad job.
Kris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic